Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
 Print 

Author Topic: Games you're looking foreward to.  (Read 6338 times)
Semi-Expert

Videos: 27
Guides: 1

17,060 gold
Give Gold
Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO ride polar bears.

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »

I swear, I will be shocked if I find out that this hasn't been made before, but I feel It can;t hurt too much if it already has.

It is as it says. What games are you looking forward to? Please keep this to a minimum of games that information of Has been released. Basically, no Fan-Fiction, but we do want a lot of discussion about the new and upcoming games. Games you heard rumors about, or heard about on TV, or at E3. Whatever. If it's coming out in the near future. There's room for it here. But just to ensure that this topic isn't closed down due to "If someone wants to see this game, they should make their own topic" This topic should be more or less centered around caparison of upcoming games and sequels to previous or similar games, and how they stack up with one another. Or how you feel about 2 separate upcoming games. Even DLC has room here.
Get all your Upcoming game thoughts out, off your chest, and let the world hear it. (Or the GA? World at least  Tongue )

Me, for starters, I have 5 titles in mind. 2 of which are DLC. I'll begin with the DLC ones:

Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta:
The 4 Previous Fallout 3 DLC's were kinda... 50-50. Operation Anchorage, and The Pitt were playable, but they restricted you too much to the stroylines, with little room to explore, which was what made Fallout 3 so great in the first place. But Broken Steel was amazing. It added a lot of great playable content to the main Quest, as the rest were adding to side quests. Point Lookout was impressive. The new portion of the map was bigger, more explorable, and also has some good sidequests. Those all make Mothership Zeta kind of an Enigma. It looks to impress, and let's hope it does, but at the same time, it could be a biter failure. I really want to see it, and see how it does overall.

GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
This one, Is even more of an enigma than the above. Being as how Gay Tony made only one appearance in the previous DLC, and for only a short time. But it HAS been a while since then, which tells us that Rockstar is working Long and Hard on making this DLC worth the wait. And yes, I Did in fact make a Gay Joke just then.

Now for the Actual Games:
(I'll Keep these kind of short If I can)

Mass Effect 2:
Even though Mass Effect wasn't as popular as it could've been, it was still made popular by means of good reviews. So people picked up on it, and I was one of them. Mass Effect 2 is coming out in about a year or so, and it promises new weapons, new armor, new quests, and of course, more things to Kill. The perfect formula to what could become the perfect Sequel.

Left 4 Dead 2:
In the original Left 4 Dead, Teamwork, and Co-Operation meant the difference between making it to the next Safehouse, or being ripped apart by a witch. Nonetheless, Left 4 Dead 2 will now doubt have similar gameplay, though not enough information about it has been publicly released for us to know much about it. But one word I've heard makes it all worth while.... Chainsaw.... Need I say more?

And Finally, the Most important.

Modern Warfare 2:
Any Fan of FPS's have got to be fans of the Call of Duty Franchise. CoD4, and CoD WaW were both huge in the gaming world, being as they had solid playable campaigns, and some of the funnest multiplayer action out there, but some didn't take to well to World at War because of the developer, Treyarch. But Good News, Infinity Ward is the official creators of MW2, and that means more CoD4-like action packed gameplay that'll have you sucked in for hours of nonstop playability.

Alrighty now, my above title were probably on your list, but that;s no reason to not express your thoughts on them, or to even create your own list, which I strongly recommend. And Keep in mind that we're here in this tread to make predictions of games, tell what we want to see, and tell the above guy "Screw You, This game will be able to kick that game's ass any day!" But for the sake of not getting ourselves banned, let's not do too much of the third one. Kay?

TheCeeBeeKid Wink
Full Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,090 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 11:43:55 AM »

The new Dragon Quest Games and Super Mario Galaxy 2 and hopefully if it ever gets approved One Piece Unlimited Cruise
"Gear Head"
Master Player

15,165 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 02:20:15 PM »

Alan Wake
Newest game from the makers of Max Payne

bad thing really that Remedy aint making Max Payne 3... its some other company.(Rockstar) Feels like a let down since Max looks more like Bruce Willis from Die Hard 1 than Max Payne. And its not in New York. Another huge let down since New York WAS one of the "characters" in the first MPs, thanks to its dark feeling and athmosphere.
But hey im still excited about MP3 as lnog as EA aint making it Grin
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 02:28:55 PM by DonArska » Logged
Starter

Videos: 75
Guides: 3

15,018 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 03:03:18 PM »

the new splinter cell
im so excited to finally play it this year
Semi-Noob

12,591 gold
Give Gold
vVv Gaming

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 08:22:19 AM »

Definitely looking forward to the new Ratchet & Clank game coming, I could possibly do a walkthrough for it. I've loved those games ever since the first ones on the PS2. Definitely looking forward to MW2 as well, it looks simply amazing and will be better than the first one by far. God of War 3 is something I've been looking forward to since the first game, I never had the pleasure of playing the second installment so I'm kind of like meh on that. I did however watch an awesome walkthrough on it so that satisfied my curiosity.

Mass Effect 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 are givens, I think anyone who was even the slightest of a fan of the first games (how could you not be a fan of either one of these games?) will definitely find these sequels to be worth their while. I like the direction that ME2 is taking and will definitely make for a fun experience. I'm also looking forward to (and possibly the most) is Star Wars: The Old Republic, I had a problem with Bioware when they announced the new KOTOR game would be an MMO but after careful consideration and thinking that Bioware wouldn't dare mess the game up that made them big (at least to me, never heard of Bioware before that) would be a slap in the face to many fans.

Master Noob

Videos: 3,557
Guides: 74

15,254 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 10:12:33 AM »

Looking forward to a lot of games actually.
First off I'm very curious if Scribblenauts will rise up to a glorious victory or fall because it couldn't live up to it's hype.

Othen than that there's Alpha Protocol that looks like it'll be a very interesting game due to the many solutions or paths you can take in it, but it still has to prove itself to me.

Alan Wake, I got hyped up about it because it had a bit of a Max Payne feeling to it, and it was way back when quadcores were new(Remember that Tornado they showed throwing cars up in the air and roofs of houses flying up? That was mindblowing), sadly it's taken them this long to be prepared to release it and I hope they can pull off a good game with a very promising story.

And of course Dragon Age: Origins has built up quite a name for itself over time and I'm absolutely stoked to play it. It looks like it'll be the RPG for quite a while. I'm just praying that I can run it properly on my PC.

And further off there's the Sequel duo- Bioshock and Mass Effect waiting.

Written & video tutorials on how to make let's plays can be found at: www.letsplays.info
Youtube || Blip.tv || Blog
Noob

15,204 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 06:53:52 PM »

The games I am waiting for are Bioshock 2, the third Ratchet Future game and Batman Asylum.
Semi-Noob

Videos: 205
Guides: 24

15,240 gold
Give Gold
the way of the gaming

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 10:06:58 PM »

i looking forward to super mario galaxy 2

the way of the gaming
(O_o) (o_o) (o_O)
Master Player

Videos: 1,103
Guides: 28

12,629 gold
Give Gold
God of Pwnage

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 10:06:35 PM »

God of War III
I've been a fan of the series since the first one came out. When I found out that David Jaffe (of Twisted Metal fame) was one of the main designers of the game, I just knew I had to get my hands on this. All God of War games have been really good and I'm pretty sure GoW3 will be just as good. I mean, for christ's sake, Kratos rips the head of some god with his bare hands on the E3 demo they showed.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Thank god Infinity Ward is the developer for this one. I really enjoyed the first one, so obviously I'm looking forward to this one. It has this feeling that I think a few FPS are lacking nowadays.
And the multiplayer.
Especially the multiplayer.

I'm also waiting for Diablo III, I only played the first one, but it looks really good, doubt it will fail. I mean, c'mon, can Blizzard make a bad game at all? Tongue

By reading this line, your soul officially belongs to me. Smiley

Quote from: Severed
Quote from: Tormentor
Ok then, if you ever have the time, I'd like for you to review............ Twilight.
I'd rather eat my own penis but thanks for the request.
United States  abe
Expert

29,478 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 04:40:04 AM »

Mario and luigi rpg 3 inside bowser!

Hello everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
 Print