Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 91
 Print 

Author Topic: Game Anyone Directors  (Read 294729 times)
Average Player

Videos: 433
Guides: 33

15,231 gold
Give Gold
The shodan of all Nintendo! :P

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: February 16, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »

we prefer commentary on our walkthroughs, but the fact that you have some that are eligible that have commentary on them, that may not be so good (or maybe they are...) could hurt you. However, the bulk of the points are not awarded in the commentary department, so it wont affect you that much.

Ok, good, I will try and be better with commentary in the future.  Could I be a director with not a whole lot of commentated walkthroughs?  I know that if I don't commentate, I must have in HD.  I try to be unique on the site, especially with my walkthroughs, because most of my walkthroughs except one or two of them are all unique and new to the site. Not only that, but I tend to do a lot of walkthroughs in short amounts of time.  So I can quickly get walkthroughs on the site. Smiley Hopefully that helps in my judging a little bit.

I bet you want my signature!

Heh, no you don't. Tongue
Use Your F*cking Brain!
Ultimate Gaming Machine

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,295 gold
Give Gold
I play it for fun and entertainment!

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 16, 2010, 11:17:39 PM »

Anything you say here has no bearing on the application. That's what your app statement is for.
Commentary is not required, but it's what we prefer. It won't affect you direly one way or the other.
Cranking out quantities of walkthroughs doesn't necessarily make it any better for you than taking the time to do longer ones.
Good, consistent quality, with keen attention to site demands (requests, popular titles missing, etc.) is what we like to have.

Join the GameAnyone Team

How To Add Your Videos

Official Forum Rules

Quote from: Darius320
My dream job that I've been dreamed of the most is become an comedian actress and advanced gamer.
Expert

15,100 gold
Give Gold
Dance like a Fly, Bite like a Mosquito!

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 16, 2010, 11:24:57 PM »

Ok, good, I will try and be better with commentary in the future.  Could I be a director with not a whole lot of commentated walkthroughs?  I know that if I don't commentate, I must have in HD.  I try to be unique on the site, especially with my walkthroughs, because most of my walkthroughs except one or two of them are all unique and new to the site. Not only that, but I tend to do a lot of walkthroughs in short amounts of time.  So I can quickly get walkthroughs on the site. Smiley Hopefully that helps in my judging a little bit.

I'm going to state this before you get confused with quality and what is "HD"

Rendering in HD doesn't count, anyone can do it, you have to actually be recording in High Definition for us to actually count the guide, visually, to the naked eye, it is clear what was recorded in SD and what was recorded in HD.

I haven't looked at your work since your last application personally, nor do I have the time to right now, but if you're using a Dazzle, it isn't 720p. The Wii itself can't produce 720p, this is true, but, you'll have to use the 480p image and stretch it to a 720p image.

A dazzle however records in 480i not 480p, which isn't what we're looking for in quality. And if it isn't true 720p or at least "the best that can be possibly done." it is logically not accepted for the ballet, or at least, I always pay attention tot his rule, others may not, but it should be mandatory that they do.

For example, if I see a majority of the videos being captured (especially the latest ones.) with a Standard Definition device such as a Dazzle without any commentary, I automatically rate the video it's lowest, or close to, the lowest possible grading. People who apply with this do not read the rules through correctly.

Manage your content and be more specific, there is a difference between TRUE 720p/Best You Can Do 720p and FAKE HD. And fake HD, unless supplied with CONSTANT GOOD COMMENTARY is not accepted for director applications and will be voted poorly on. We have these rules for a reason, directorship is all about talent and being the best of the best, this is why the list is so small.

Originality (style, editing and commentary) go a long way in applications for Directorship, as well as that of video quality (Formats, playback, clarity, wither or not it's true HD) have the biggest impact on the application.

Use Your F*cking Brain!
Ultimate Gaming Machine

15,295 gold
Give Gold
I play it for fun and entertainment!

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 16, 2010, 11:36:07 PM »

I believe he uses a Hauppauge. However, most of this is moot for his guides since most of them are Wii, which is not an HD capable system.

Join the GameAnyone Team

How To Add Your Videos

Official Forum Rules

Quote from: Darius320
My dream job that I've been dreamed of the most is become an comedian actress and advanced gamer.
Average Player

Videos: 433
Guides: 33

15,231 gold
Give Gold
The shodan of all Nintendo! :P

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 16, 2010, 11:56:52 PM »

I believe he uses a Hauppauge. However, most of this is moot for his guides since most of them are Wii, which is not an HD capable system.
I'm going to state this before you get confused with quality and what is "HD"

Rendering in HD doesn't count, anyone can do it, you have to actually be recording in High Definition for us to actually count the guide, visually, to the naked eye, it is clear what was recorded in SD and what was recorded in HD.

I haven't looked at your work since your last application personally, nor do I have the time to right now, but if you're using a Dazzle, it isn't 720p. The Wii itself can't produce 720p, this is true, but, you'll have to use the 480p image and stretch it to a 720p image.

A dazzle however records in 480i not 480p, which isn't what we're looking for in quality. And if it isn't true 720p or at least "the best that can be possibly done." it is logically not accepted for the ballet, or at least, I always pay attention tot his rule, others may not, but it should be mandatory that they do.

For example, if I see a majority of the videos being captured (especially the latest ones.) with a Standard Definition device such as a Dazzle without any commentary, I automatically rate the video it's lowest, or close to, the lowest possible grading. People who apply with this do not read the rules through correctly.

Manage your content and be more specific, there is a difference between TRUE 720p/Best You Can Do 720p and FAKE HD. And fake HD, unless supplied with CONSTANT GOOD COMMENTARY is not accepted for director applications and will be voted poorly on. We have these rules for a reason, directorship is all about talent and being the best of the best, this is why the list is so small.

Originality (style, editing and commentary) go a long way in applications for Directorship, as well as that of video quality (Formats, playback, clarity, wither or not it's true HD) have the biggest impact on the application.

Skorch is correct.  I currently use an HD PVR with my recordings.  I do exactly what you say, record in 480p, and stretch to 720p.  Now, my oldest walkthroughs, I didn't have a HD PVR, so I will re-do those, recording with my PVR.  But my current walkthroughs, I've used emulators and component cables and recorded at 720p or higher.  With my PS2 walkthrough (DDR), I have recorded with composite at 720x480, since the PS2 isn't an HD system either.  But that was stretched to 1080x720 and rendered in 720p HD.  I'm attempting to record a game off my X360 with component, so it will be true HD.  But, I'm having problems with the Arcsoft software.  Anyways, because the Wii isn't HD capable, I can't get my quality any higher, right?

Anything you say here has no bearing on the application. That's what your app statement is for.
Commentary is not required, but it's what we prefer. It won't affect you direly one way or the other.
Cranking out quantities of walkthroughs doesn't necessarily make it any better for you than taking the time to do longer ones.
Good, consistent quality, with keen attention to site demands (requests, popular titles missing, etc.) is what we like to have.
Oh, I know this isn't my application.  I'm just asking directors' opinions before and if I apply right now.  I can try and get a hold of some new releases and do those.  I'm starting to do longer walkthroughs, I just got some shorter ones out of the way, because it was easy.  I hope I'm keeping consistent quality, as I've been recording in true HD and rendering in HD for a while now.

Oh, and by the way, I really appreciate the feedback. 

I bet you want my signature!

Heh, no you don't. Tongue
Average Player

Videos: 1,451
Guides: 41

16,622 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 17, 2010, 09:02:13 AM »

When recording PSP games its kind of hard to get HD quality since its not a supported native resolution. Do I have to add commentary to them then? to meet the game anyone directors rules
Are you recording with Remotejoy + Fraps, or using a capture card with cables? You can only use Remotejoy if you have custom firmware on your PSP. If you are recording like that with Fraps, you can get a close resolution. So, you can just stretch it a bit for 1280x720 HD without losing that much quality. If your recording with a capture card, does it come out like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DtDEJ4-wcE. If so, even with adding commentary, the screen is a bit small and hard to see.

I'm currently using a capture card to record Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. Since the game doesn't work right now with custom firmware. I would recommend to record in 480p with the PSP component cables, and then stretch it out in Sony Vegas. This is how my output comes: http://www.gameanyone.com/video/199599

Noob

Videos: 104
Guides: 3

32,596 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 17, 2010, 03:48:37 PM »

Are you recording with Remotejoy + Fraps, or using a capture card with cables? You can only use Remotejoy if you have custom firmware on your PSP. If you are recording like that with Fraps, you can get a close resolution. So, you can just stretch it a bit for 1280x720 HD without losing that much quality.
Im recording with a Hauppauge HD PVR at the moment. Works fairly good I think, but I will definitely look in to this Remotejoy thing. I did this walkthrough yesterday, hopefully the quality is sufficient. Youtube adds some black borders which weren't there when I did the rendering.

I'm currently using a capture card to record Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. Since the game doesn't work right now with custom firmware. I would recommend to record in 480p with the PSP component cables, and then stretch it out in Sony Vegas. This is how my output comes: http://www.gameanyone.com/video/199599
Yeah your movie looks great! Guess I have to work some with the resolution to get it that perfect.

Noob

15,105 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 18, 2010, 03:37:08 AM »

Hello, i am interested in becoming a director on this site but i am not exactly sure how the credit system works. Do we have to be active on the forums to gain credits? I am just starting out in video game walkthroughs, currently i am in the middle of a Mass Effect 2 commentary walkthrough and will proberly be starting a Battlefield 2: Bad Company 2 walkthrough. If you could please reply that would be greatly Appreciated. Thanks you
Average Player

Videos: 1,093
Guides: 39

98,387 gold
Give Gold
Advanced Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 18, 2010, 04:14:41 AM »

Are you recording with Remotejoy + Fraps, or using a capture card with cables? You can only use Remotejoy if you have custom firmware on your PSP. If you are recording like that with Fraps, you can get a close resolution. So, you can just stretch it a bit for 1280x720 HD without losing that much quality. If your recording with a capture card, does it come out like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DtDEJ4-wcE. If so, even with adding commentary, the screen is a bit small and hard to see.

That's what I tried to do to get a clear screen quality to make it look good without a blur that I have on my videos. I record PSP in 480p or 360p which is consider a normal quality or high. I'll stick with 480p while recording these PSP games to make the quality better and not with 360p because it ain't gonna help make it good. Afterwards, I use Sony Vegas to make all 480p videos to 720p video. I would make it in 1080p, but it may take lot of time to render it. I can stick with 720p HD format to render a little and after that I got clear and smooth quality. It's what I do. I hope I can make it great enough for me to become a director.

Advanced Gamer of Darius320
Noob

Videos: 104
Guides: 3

32,596 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 18, 2010, 07:21:46 AM »

Hello, i am interested in becoming a director on this site but i am not exactly sure how the credit system works. Do we have to be active on the forums to gain credits? I am just starting out in video game walkthroughs, currently i am in the middle of a Mass Effect 2 commentary walkthrough and will proberly be starting a Battlefield 2: Bad Company 2 walkthrough. If you could please reply that would be greatly Appreciated. Thanks you

Yes to, gain exp you have to post on the forums and post videos. You also have to be active on the forum as a part of becoming a director.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 91
 Print 

Jump to: