Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 91
 Print 

Author Topic: Game Anyone Directors  (Read 294055 times)
Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,094 gold
Give Gold
It's Game Time!

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 15, 2010, 09:07:23 AM »

I am going to be audiomarking my videos but I'm not sure if it passes...

If anybody here has played No More Heroes on the Wii then you'll know about that voice at the beginning of every boss batltle saying the name of who you are going to be assassinating. Well, I've created a voice JUST like that using a software called Fruit Loop and was wondering if that voice saying "Brought to you by GameAnyone.com" with the logo on screen passes as a audiomark for a director?
Expert

15,100 gold
Give Gold
Dance like a Fly, Bite like a Mosquito!

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 15, 2010, 12:23:41 PM »

I for one never really want to see the logo of the site ANYWHERE on the video. And, I HATE synthized audiomarks. This just might be just me, but I'm just giving you advice when it comes to when I have to vote on your application if you apply.

Try using your own voice for it, and just place it at the start of the audio track aligned with the start of the video, there is no need for an intro video. It's just a time waste.

Creativity is a must with director applications, in my opinion.

Average Player

Videos: 433
Guides: 33

15,231 gold
Give Gold
The shodan of all Nintendo! :P

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 15, 2010, 05:00:00 PM »

I plan on applying again soon, because my first director application was turned down.  I believe I've improved a whole lot, considering I've added a good 7-8 more walkthroughs, and I plan on re-doing my old walkthroughs to be in HD.  As soon as my DDR X walkthrough is done uploading, I plan to wait for it to be added to GA, and then I will apply.

Do you think I will make directorship, and if not, at least apprenticeship?  I hope so.

Thanks for future responses.

I bet you want my signature!

Heh, no you don't. Tongue
Expert

15,100 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 16, 2010, 09:27:35 AM »

Do you think I will make directorship, and if not, at least apprenticeship?  I hope so.

There are many factors that go into becoming a director, not just the content you provide.
You'd have to apply to be evaluated, no one can say in or out without having the application being sent through, each of the Directors level 2 and above vote on you, not just a set selection of higher ups.

Noob

Videos: 104
Guides: 3

32,596 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 16, 2010, 03:08:44 PM »

When recording PSP games its kind of hard to get HD quality since its not a supported native resolution. Do I have to add commentary to them then? to meet the game anyone directors rules

Average Player

15,231 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 16, 2010, 04:35:35 PM »

There are many factors that go into becoming a director, not just the content you provide.
You'd have to apply to be evaluated, no one can say in or out without having the application being sent through, each of the Directors level 2 and above vote on you, not just a set selection of higher ups.

I've made several tutorials on the forums, and I've helped a lot of people solve their problems.  Thanks for the other advice though.  I'll make some more tutorials for the forum.

Expert

15,100 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 16, 2010, 07:50:46 PM »

I've made several tutorials on the forums, and I've helped a lot of people solve their problems.  Thanks for the other advice though.  I'll make some more tutorials for the forum.

I wasn't particularly referring to tutorials, but alright.

Use Your F*cking Brain!
Ultimate Gaming Machine

15,295 gold
Give Gold
I play it for fun and entertainment!

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 16, 2010, 07:57:19 PM »

Forum activity is one part of the criteria we look for. Your quality, game choice, commentary, and dedication is what we weigh most heavily.

Join the GameAnyone Team

How To Add Your Videos

Official Forum Rules

Quote from: Darius320
My dream job that I've been dreamed of the most is become an comedian actress and advanced gamer.
Average Player

15,231 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 16, 2010, 08:58:39 PM »

Forum activity is one part of the criteria we look for. Your quality, game choice, commentary, and dedication is what we weigh most heavily.

Alright.  At my current moment, I have done 12 walkthroughs in HD, and are watermarked.  I plan on re-doing, or reuploading the walkthroughs that aren't.  I also plan on adding a game with at least 50 videos, all in HD and watermarked, as well as another 20~ video walkthrough HD and watermarked.  Hopefully, that'll help me to become at least an apprentice.

Quick question: I only started doing commentary.  Working on a better mic.  I don't plan on doing a ton of commentary, so how will the commentated videos be weighted with the un-commentated videos (most)?

Use Your F*cking Brain!
Ultimate Gaming Machine

15,295 gold
Give Gold
I play it for fun and entertainment!

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 16, 2010, 09:40:41 PM »

we prefer commentary on our walkthroughs, but the fact that you have some that are eligible that have commentary on them, that may not be so good (or maybe they are...) could hurt you. However, the bulk of the points are not awarded in the commentary department, so it wont affect you that much.

Join the GameAnyone Team

How To Add Your Videos

Official Forum Rules

Quote from: Darius320
My dream job that I've been dreamed of the most is become an comedian actress and advanced gamer.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 91
 Print 

Jump to: