Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XII The...
"Master Thief"

Successfully stole 50 times.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 91
 Print 

Author Topic: Game Anyone Directors  (Read 300625 times)
Full Player

Videos: 65
Guides: 4

15,249 gold
Give Gold
Prince Charming

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 12, 2009, 06:01:48 PM »

well the quality of my vids suck and my commantry isn't all that good either, hopefully the quality of my walkthroughs will improve with practice:) right now though i'm just making do with what I have, a free screen capture programme and a game, and yes i know very little about computors haha.
I'll try for this in the future:)

continue man, im still working my way up... my quality is improving and my commentary is going a lot better
keep it up and working at it, takes time
Global Moderator
Average Player

Videos: 1,566
Guides: 56

139,234 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 18, 2009, 11:14:48 AM »

I have a question:
I eventually want to apply for director, but I play low res games like GBA and NES so it's impossible for me to produce "True HD" videos. Although I render them in HD and the quality is great.
Does "Fake HD"(Non-HD footage rendered at 720p) qualify if you don't play HD games?

And  I don't do commentary, I did commentary on 1 game and it ended up sucking. So that requirement is out of the question.
Expert

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,100 gold
Give Gold
Dance like a Fly, Bite like a Mosquito!

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 18, 2009, 11:32:08 AM »

I have a question:
I eventually want to apply for director, but I play low res games like GBA and NES so it's impossible for me to produce "True HD" videos. Although I render them in HD and the quality is great.
Does "Fake HD"(Non-HD footage rendered at 720p) qualify if you don't play HD games?

And  I don't do commentary, I did commentary on 1 game and it ended up sucking. So that requirement is out of the question.

Well, if you watched DavetheUsher's videos, you'd know the answer is yes.
Even though he does commentary, the answer is yes simply because the Commentary never used to be a possible requirement. Dave's been a director for about a year and a half now, so yes, we do accept Old games rendered in 1280x720 at a high bitrate, given the quality is good and the sound is intact, along with the framerate not being sketchy.

Commentary takes a very very long time to get used to, it's all about practice and getting used to it I suppose.

Master Noob

Videos: 3,557
Guides: 74

15,254 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 26, 2009, 06:30:19 PM »

Commentary takes a very very long time to get used to, it's all about practice and getting used to it I suppose.

As a tip: try thinking out loud. Don't try to talk about meaningless stuff. Think out loud about solutions to puzzles, things that may happen, strategies you might use etc.

Written & video tutorials on how to make let's plays can be found at: www.letsplays.info
Youtube || Blip.tv || Blog
Expert

15,100 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 26, 2009, 06:42:09 PM »

As a tip: try thinking out loud. Don't try to talk about meaningless stuff. Think out loud about solutions to puzzles, things that may happen, strategies you might use etc.

I don't think your entitled to give advice for people applying, your not a director nor do you qualifiy to be one.
Your advice is half right, depends what you actually think about in your head though, we've had people whom have became very odd and disturbing to be around due to your theory.

Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,672,628 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 26, 2009, 07:03:47 PM »

Don't listen to Volv. He is mean.

Most Boring Walkthrough Guy Online
True Gamer

15,000 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 26, 2009, 07:11:17 PM »

Here is my suggestion for commentary, just be natural, be yourself and have fun while doing it, sure you can give out tips and pointers to the folks watching, but more importantly just have fun doing it, don't force yourself to do commentary if that's not your thing.
Full Player

Videos: 1,330
Guides: 48

15,292 gold
Give Gold
Nintendo walkthrough? You got it!

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 26, 2009, 07:34:13 PM »

Here is my suggestion for commentary, just be natural, be yourself and have fun while doing it, sure you can give out tips and pointers to the folks watching, but more importantly just have fun doing it, don't force yourself to do commentary if that's not your thing.

Exactly. That's what i did with Kirby 64 and am now doing with NSMBWii.

Plus, in my opinion, if you get angry, feel free to express your anger. Like "this is one of my most hated levels". I dunno but people usually like seeing people get frustrated.

Current walkthroughs:

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - 12% done
Pokemon White - 50% done
Pokemon Colosseum - 30% done
#1 source for games from the 90s
Expert

Videos: 981
Guides: 31

64,872 gold
Give Gold
If you can play it, then you can beat it!

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 26, 2009, 09:09:11 PM »

Both are right. What I did as I began doing commentary was to speak from the characters point of view. Its like playing a character in a real-life role playing game. I tried to figure out what the character would think and say while experience the situation by his own. It works for me.

Expert

15,100 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 26, 2009, 09:31:12 PM »

Don't listen to Volv. He is mean.

quiet you. stop kissing their ass.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 91
 Print