Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XII The...
"Master Thief"

Successfully stole 50 times.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 91
 Print 

Author Topic: Game Anyone Directors  (Read 299855 times)
Average Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

8,931 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 02, 2009, 02:06:08 AM »

We are not here to judge anybody. Someone that is really interested in becoming one of the famous GA directors takes his time and waits until he has some good lets plays or walkthroughs added to the site. There is no need to hurry. The best example is Yoshiller. I really like him because he applied already several times and added more complete games than anyone else. His only problem is that he is very young and he dont has the money yet to buy better equipment and to fulfill the HD requierment that the site wants from its applicants. He does not give up and II never read him complaining about it. But all I read from BM is an endless complaining.

Well, the requierments are thought, but not impossible to match. Everyone with much deliberation and a bit talent can become a official if he wants.

Yeah I think the same thing about him.

The guy who takes forever to finish recording pokemon crystal
Full Player

Videos: 65
Guides: 4

15,249 gold
Give Gold
Prince Charming

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 02, 2009, 06:41:44 PM »

I agree with acant, personally i have had to upgrade my computer and build one up from scratch because
my current one couldnt produce what i wanted to do and my videos werent good enough to be a director.
luckily commentary has helped me, but i'm hoping after my re4 walkthrough with my new computer and
better settings, along with hd will gain favor in their eyes
Expert

Videos: 1,894
Guides: 45

48,168 gold
Give Gold
http://i3.ytimg.com/i/nlCUlIlK2JtnSJGVs3Xl2A/1.jpg

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 03, 2009, 01:54:36 AM »

It's a rather good start, but if it's long then maybe one is all that's necessary, i'd recommend a couple of guides

Yeah well it probably will be a big guide. Just about all of the games I do are very long, and all of the games I have planned are pretty long. 

I have actually decided to first finish up all of the games I have on my list. Then I will do the Ratchet and Clank series & the Jak and Dexter Series. By then I shold be a level 5 apprentice. THEN I will get my HD PVR. I guess I will do 2 or 3 guides for the PS3 in True HD before I summit that app. I guess Ill do God of War 3, the next Gen RAC, and maybe a few other PS3 games I have planned in True HD once I get the hauppuage.

In-Progress Walkthroughs:

Master Player

15,163 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 03, 2009, 08:33:35 PM »

Yeah well it probably will be a big guide. Just about all of the games I do are very long, and all of the games I have planned are pretty long. 

I have actually decided to first finish up all of the games I have on my list. Then I will do the Ratchet and Clank series & the Jak and Dexter Series. By then I shold be a level 5 apprentice. THEN I will get my HD PVR. I guess I will do 2 or 3 guides for the PS3 in True HD before I summit that app. I guess Ill do God of War 3, the next Gen RAC, and maybe a few other PS3 games I have planned in True HD once I get the hauppuage.

Your almost always on the forums - good thing. If I had to choose, you would be a director.

\"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few
drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.\" MOHANDAS K. GANDHI.
Full Player

Videos: 65

15,249 gold
Give Gold
Prince Charming

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 03, 2009, 10:02:51 PM »

the only thing is i know quality is very huge with the head hanchos..... if you watch the guys who are on their like skorch
and overlord have incredible quality, the only way to kinda get around it is to have good commentary
Expert

Videos: 878
Guides: 25

16,374 gold
Give Gold
Total War Strategy

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 04, 2009, 12:29:37 PM »

All of you recent responses have got me interested.  I've never done a really long game, but I am right now.  Age of Mythoolgy.  While not really along game, it takes hours to finish.  And I'm doing my best to have good Quality, and I try to get commentary, but it's pretty hard when there's not much to talk about.

So my plans for becoming a Director/Apprentice, is to Level up a bit.  To 5 or so.  Become a valued member of the Forums.  And Get on the good side of the directors, lol.  So far so good.  I've been incredibly active on the forums lately.

But as for my walkthorughs.  Unfortunately, I'm stuck with computer games, and even then there are some probelms, like when I can record.  Because the better PC I can use (not mine), is the family computer, and is almost always occupied.  So until I can get my hands on my own better PC, and/or equipment, I can't really amount to much on the Quality, and Variety of my walkthroughs.

And I'm stuck that way until I can find a job.  Which is pretty hard to do.  And even though, Minimum Wage is what I can expect.

So I'll probably end up applying by New Years.  And make it my resolution to become a Director.  I could have tried a few times to apply, but I'm not going to waste my credits on a low chance.  So I use them in the Request Games.  On Games I want, of course, but at least it is contributing to the site.  The more credits I add, the more likely it is to be done.  And the more likely it is to be done, then I'm contributing to the person completing it.  My credits are then going to that person, who can use them on other game requests. 

But, if I want even better chances, I should start donating to the site.  Which I can't do until I get my Paypal set up, and even then, I won't do that until I find a job, because it involves going to the bank, which isn't really necessary ATM.

So, there ya go.  Those are my thoughts, and my solutions.  Though I started to Ramble a bit.  That happens to me quite easily, Grin

"Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"
Expert

Videos: 1,894
Guides: 45

48,168 gold
Give Gold
http://i3.ytimg.com/i/nlCUlIlK2JtnSJGVs3Xl2A/1.jpg

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 04, 2009, 03:19:47 PM »

Your almost always on the forums - good thing. If I had to choose, you would be a director.

Well being a director means you are a great walkthrougher.....not that you are on the forums alot. they only score you on that for 1 section and that is the forum contribution. I believe I got a 3.85/5 the last time.

the only thing is i know quality is very huge with the head hanchos..... if you watch the guys who are on their like skorch
and overlord have incredible quality, the only way to kinda get around it is to have good commentary

Yes it is either you have True HD or Great Commentary. Some people like you said try to get around that by doing great commentary. I noticed you were doing that. I also noticed the Redclock did that, he didn't have great quality, but awesome commentary. I on the other do not have great commentary. I already tried it out on a walkthrough all ready.....So I decided I will get True HD quality by getting a Hauppauge HD PVR.  My quality is already great-all I need now in True HD quality.

In-Progress Walkthroughs:

Noob

Videos: 82
Guides: 2

15,001 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 04, 2009, 07:20:46 PM »

I have a quick question.  I can't do True HD due to PC specs and upload times nor do I feel I want to put commentary on all video.  I can however put the GameAnyone logo on all videos (throught video) and can upload around 20 - 30 videos a week.  Can I still apply as a Director or should I simply not even bother?

Most Boring Walkthrough Guy Online
True Gamer

15,000 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 04, 2009, 07:46:56 PM »

I have a quick question.  I can't do True HD due to PC specs and upload times nor do I feel I want to put commentary on all video.  I can however put the GameAnyone logo on all videos (throught video) and can upload around 20 - 30 videos a week.  Can I still apply as a Director or should I simply not even bother?

You can apply if you do commentary, considering we have a few users who do HQ but commentary only such as redklok, just make sure they are entertaining and be natural in your commentary, don't try to be someone else.
Starter

Videos: 106

15,000 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 06, 2009, 04:54:52 PM »

well the quality of my vids suck and my commantry isn't all that good either, hopefully the quality of my walkthroughs will improve with practice:) right now though i'm just making do with what I have, a free screen capture programme and a game, and yes i know very little about computors haha.
I'll try for this in the future:)

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 91
 Print 

Jump to: