Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 91
 Print 

Author Topic: Game Anyone Directors  (Read 259146 times)
Aspie Retrogamer
Average Player

Videos: 2,816
Guides: 805

351,846 gold
Give Gold
HomuMado forever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 07, 2013, 01:21:02 PM »

Would an annotation be ok? For my GameAnyone originals, I have started adding watermarks to the upper-left side of the corner

If it moves, kill it!

With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a magical girl, and if you are not a magical girl, you can't control the past. He who can't control the past cannot command the future, and he who is unable to command the future cannot conquer the past.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good ol' days. What were you in your former life?

Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,658
Guides: 46

37,884 gold
Give Gold
Barking up the wrong tree!

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 08, 2013, 09:00:52 PM »

Would an annotation be ok? For my GameAnyone originals, I have started adding watermarks to the upper-left side of the corner

If you mean Youtube annotations; No, those will not work. As has been mentioned in this thread about eight times. Where you add watermarks should be dependent on the game. They shouldn't all be placed in the same spot, especially at 720p.

To be a tree your bark has to be worse than your bite.

Aspie Retrogamer
Average Player

351,846 gold
Give Gold
HomuMado forever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 09, 2013, 01:11:12 AM »

This is what happened - I did not watermark my videos back then since I know this site before. I only begun to do so when I really wanted to be a Director, around December 2012, starting with my Axelay walkthrough on YouTube. But even then the embossed  text would be hard to understand, and thus it would be much better for me to letterbox the video and add the watermark to one of the black bars.

Man, it's so difficult to add watermarks to videos that are at their native resolution (256 x 240) as these are so small!

If it moves, kill it!

With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a magical girl, and if you are not a magical girl, you can't control the past. He who can't control the past cannot command the future, and he who is unable to command the future cannot conquer the past.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good ol' days. What were you in your former life?

Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

37,884 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 09, 2013, 01:39:17 AM »

This is what happened - I did not watermark my videos back then since I know this site before. I only begun to do so when I really wanted to be a Director, around December 2012, starting with my Axelay walkthrough on YouTube. But even then the embossed  text would be hard to understand, and thus it would be much better for me to letterbox the video and add the watermark to one of the black bars.

Man, it's so difficult to add watermarks to videos that are at their native resolution (256 x 240) as these are so small!

Resolutions below 720p should end up being letterboxed anyhow, so I don't see the problem... The lower the resolution, the more black space you will have to work with. There are plenty of examples.

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,011 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 22, 2013, 02:05:57 AM »

I did not watermark my videos back then since I know this site before. I only begun to do so when I really wanted to be a Director, around December 2012, starting with my Axelay walkthrough on YouTube
Aspie Retrogamer
Average Player

351,846 gold
Give Gold
HomuMado forever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 23, 2013, 01:16:50 PM »

TED40110, are you trying to rip me off?

If it moves, kill it!

Perfectionist
Full Player

Videos: 14
Guides: 1

13,332 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 23, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »

TED40110, are you trying to rip me off?

You've been ripped! Smiley
Expert Noob

Videos: 255
Guides: 15

41,587 gold
Give Gold
In the end, there is only Deth

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 11, 2014, 08:24:56 AM »

I applied for director a while back and was so close. Now I believe I may be ready but I cant apply because I "need to complete the checklist" which I didnt have to do last time. Was there some sort of update on the site to include that?

and by the way, How high do those percentages need to be? Its because 2 of them are pretty high but one is VERY low

Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

37,884 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 11, 2014, 12:12:43 PM »

I applied for director a while back and was so close. Now I believe I may be ready but I cant apply because I "need to complete the checklist" which I didnt have to do last time. Was there some sort of update on the site to include that?

and by the way, How high do those percentages need to be? Its because 2 of them are pretty high but one is VERY low

Mace simplified it a few months ago, he even announced it in a thread.

What percentages? The numbers on the Director page are all whole numbers, and it tells you how many you need.

Expert Noob

Videos: 255
Guides: 15

41,587 gold
Give Gold
In the end, there is only Deth

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 11, 2014, 06:10:39 PM »

Theres the whole numbers then the completion percentage next to them. For example, "Videos" has a count of 184 with a goal of 250 which shows its 74% complete

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 91
 Print 

Jump to: