Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XII The...
"Master Thief"

Successfully stole 50 times.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 91
 Print 

Author Topic: Game Anyone Directors  (Read 297716 times)
Master Noob

Videos: 921
Guides: 88

159,741 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 02, 2012, 06:36:39 PM »

This topic should stay clean, before everyone is flaming each other with stealing stuff or anything else.

Agreed. Though his videos are from various different accounts (from youtube) and I hope someone checked if it's his accounts.
Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,672,628 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 02, 2012, 06:43:35 PM »

Agreed. Though his videos are from various different accounts (from youtube) and I hope someone checked if it's his accounts.

Perhaps we need some way of verifying youtube accounts for all submissions? Although, I don't want to make it too difficult for users to submit guides.

Master Noob

Videos: 921
Guides: 88

159,741 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 02, 2012, 06:57:30 PM »

Perhaps we need some way of verifying youtube accounts for all submissions? Although, I don't want to make it too difficult for users to submit guides.

Maybe send a one time PM with "Confirm" and "Deny" that this account belongs to "Username" on gameanyone. This would be difficult to implement but probably the best way. At least from my point of view.

I was like "seriously? 24d of videos?" but now that someone mentioned about stealing, it's now: "seriously? 5 different yt accounts and I only checked few guides? can't be yours".
Expert Noob

Videos: 118
Guides: 7

22,778 gold
Give Gold
Peace is an illusion

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 02, 2012, 07:42:10 PM »

Maybe a tip, all videos in the future include Watermarks with your name in it and/or a gameanyone watermark.
Maybe the easiest way to prevent fraud.

Through war we unite, In peace we divide.
Average Player

Videos: 202
Guides: 13

15,750 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 02, 2012, 07:49:15 PM »

Maybe a tip, all videos in the future include Watermarks with your name in it and/or a gameanyone watermark.

For those who already does that, that might do it. But that would leave all older videos for those who don't, unverified.

I vote for some account-verification-thing. Due to my lacking web/programming skills, I don't have a clue how to get something like that even half-automated tho.

I used to have a signature, but then I took an arrow to the knee. 
Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,658
Guides: 46

37,884 gold
Give Gold
Barking up the wrong tree!

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: April 02, 2012, 08:02:24 PM »

You can just as easily re-edit and add a watermark.

To be a tree your bark has to be worse than your bite.

Expert Noob

Videos: 118
Guides: 7

22,778 gold
Give Gold
Peace is an illusion

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 02, 2012, 08:37:18 PM »

Maybe for the older videos, but in the future it'll be harder. You have to start somewhere though. Or you introduce watch teams, I'll volunteer for if needed.
They'll watch random videos of gameplay and search for it on the net (Incl. only new videos ). Of course Cutscenes are solid but none plays the game exactly the same way.
It is a lot of work and takes a lot of time  Kiss, but it'll save the community from fraudsters in the future Grin.
Just random thoughts about preventing fraud cases .

Through war we unite, In peace we divide.
Average Player

Videos: 202
Guides: 13

15,750 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 02, 2012, 08:59:01 PM »

Maybe for the older videos, but in the future it'll be harder. You have to start somewhere though. Or you introduce watch teams, I'll volunteer for if needed.
They'll watch random videos of gameplay and search for it on the net (Incl. only new videos ). Of course Cutscenes are solid but none plays the game exactly the same way.
It is a lot of work and takes a lot of time  Kiss, but it'll save the community from fraudsters in the future Grin.
Just random thoughts about preventing fraud cases .

That sounds like more work than result.

I used to have a signature, but then I took an arrow to the knee. 
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,390
Guides: 238

107,062 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 03, 2012, 01:47:28 AM »

Maybe send a one time PM with "Confirm" and "Deny" that this account belongs to "Username" on gameanyone. This would be difficult to implement but probably the best way. At least from my point of view.

I was like "seriously? 24d of videos?" but now that someone mentioned about stealing, it's now: "seriously? 5 different yt accounts and I only checked few guides? can't be yours".

That sounds like it could work. Not sure who it would be implemented though. On the other note, stealing videos is pretty low.
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,434
Guides: 50

16,002 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 03, 2012, 11:12:07 AM »

This Idea is possible, so here's my idea.

When you sign up on websites you have to verify your email by clicking a link in the email to confirm its your email?

Why not take this concept but use it on youtube, so say I submit a guide from my youtube account which is xXExceedEdgeXx just like here. You submit a guide and you know how it takes time to process why not send a verification PM to that User on youtube?

They check their inbox on youtube click a link to verify, there problem solved.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 91
 Print 

Jump to: