Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 91
 Print 

Author Topic: Game Anyone Directors  (Read 294702 times)
Average Player

Videos: 202
Guides: 13

15,750 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 06, 2011, 11:02:47 AM »

I think you just blew any chance of ever becoming one.

First of all, #walloftext. Second, even MY grammar is better than that.

Sure, they're not gods. They are normal humans. You know, flesh, bones, shit like that. Each of them are different. You're bashing their status on this site, not who they are? And for f*cks sake, be objective. Fine, you have an opinion, and are free to say it, but you're acting like a 14 year old kid..

I'm not BFF with them all either, but still...

I used to have a signature, but then I took an arrow to the knee. 
Lord of the Underworld
Master Noob

Videos: 627
Guides: 34

56,673 gold
Give Gold
Playing games for fun ^^

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 06, 2011, 11:16:30 AM »

The thing is jevrio1 that they bash on everybody's quality but they don't look at they're own quality wich most of them have horrible quality , my point is what makes them better than me ,you or some people on this website that should be directors because we improved on everything they asked , and every time they find something new to complain about . I want to see how you will react after you applied as a director 4 times and every time they find something new .

If your grammar is better good for you mate , english was introduced in my country 10 years ago until then it was romanian and russian ...So yea .

I just want the know how is it possible that even when we qualify for everything and our matterial is better thant the standars they can find something to complain about .

I will teach you how to game or i will kill you with my shoe
I will teach you how to be scared of nothing ^_^ Except the Amnesia Monster .That Thing is f*cking creepy .
Average Player

Videos: 202
Guides: 13

15,750 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 06, 2011, 12:44:47 PM »

They have said that they also look at stuff such as forum posts etc, not that I know if that's the problem.

If you feel that they are being bad to you, why bother applying?

If you're happy with your stuff, that's all you need.

I used to have a signature, but then I took an arrow to the knee. 
Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,672,614 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 06, 2011, 12:54:26 PM »

they bash on everybody's quality but they don't look at they're own quality wich most of them have horrible quality , my point is what makes them better than me ,you or some people on this website that should be directors

We all are always improving. I'm still not completely happy with my own videos. We have various contributors who make great videos that are not directors and never will be. What we look for when we vote on applicants is not just your videos, but if we think both you and GameAnyone would truly benefit from you being a director.

We deny applications all the time - not because we think we are better than you, but because we want to challenge you. We provide feedback not to bash you, but to help you accomplish things that you never thought were possible. Some of the current directors were denied the first time they applied, but has since then shown to be director material, and have joined the ranks. We are looking for those who can innovate, as to stand out from the crowd. This is something that you have to find for yourself.

Master Noob

Videos: 42
Guides: 1

-15,070 gold
Give Gold
Spice up your life!

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 06, 2011, 05:42:15 PM »

If you're happy with your stuff, that's all you need.

This, emphatically.

There are no heroes. There are no villains. There are only people and perspectives.
Director
Master Player

Videos: 4,387
Guides: 242

16,367 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 06, 2011, 06:37:07 PM »

@Ion, one requirement for becoming a director is to start acting like one. Why not PM Mace about your complaint, or even us directors, Instead of getting upset on the forums? Directors are the representatives of the site, we aim to be as professional, helpful, courteous and humble as possible. You've shown to be angry and foul-mouthed. Take it from someone who was denied directorship many times because of his attitude.
Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,658
Guides: 46

37,884 gold
Give Gold
Barking up the wrong tree!

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 06, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »

. Take it from someone who was denied directorship many times because of his attitude.

You can still see some of this on the forums if you look. XD

To be a tree your bark has to be worse than your bite.

Director
Master Player

Videos: 4,387
Guides: 242

16,367 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 07, 2011, 01:07:04 AM »

You can still see some of this on the forums if you look. XD
;3
Master Noob

Videos: 3,557
Guides: 74

15,254 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 07, 2011, 10:33:05 PM »

If you want to take advantage of the HD encoder, instead of the SD one (because it's a ton better), render in 1280x720 but keep the black bars. Don't stretch the frame out because then it'll look weird with elongated characters and whatnot. If you want an example of the former, look at my Headhunter videos.

I'd say watch this advice as it really depends on the original resolution the game runs at. For example I've found that some resolutions that are very close to 720p, can effectively be stretched out a tiny bit and look just fine. Nobody notices it then.

So take it on a per-game basis.

Written & video tutorials on how to make let's plays can be found at: www.letsplays.info
Youtube || Blip.tv || Blog
Master Noob

Videos: 42
Guides: 1

-15,070 gold
Give Gold
Spice up your life!

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 08, 2011, 02:47:27 AM »

If I can't get a game to hit 1280x720 (some older PC games can't hit that for instance), I prefer CLPV'ing it if I even alter the video to fill the screen at all. 

Typically I don't like to stretch or manipulate the video in any way, but if taking a bit off the top or bottom doesn't really affect the GUI or visuals in any particularly noticeable way I prefer that method. 

Of course, I don't mind black bars either personally.

There are no heroes. There are no villains. There are only people and perspectives.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 91
 Print 

Jump to: