Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 91
 Print 

Author Topic: Game Anyone Directors  (Read 259159 times)
Full Player

Videos: 1,080
Guides: 67

137,238 gold
Give Gold
I'm best at space. Spaaaceee!

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 03, 2011, 10:35:11 PM »

I just don't get it anymore ...

I don't know when the last time was when you applied, but there has been quite a change in the directors on the site. A few new directors has come, myself included, and a bunch has left. We give you honest feedback and hope that you embrace it. Know that when we look at an application, we vote, and we cannot see how our fellow directors vote.

I don't think it would be sensible to discuss your application in an open forum. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me, and I'll try and shed some light on the matter. I can only answer for myself, and I do not know your final scores, but I'll help if I can.

Being denied is not defeat, nor should it be seen as offensive. It is a way for you to take what you want from the feedback you get, and see if you can apply this to the way you create your content.

Master Noob

Videos: 1,936
Guides: 62

9,958 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 04, 2011, 06:04:11 AM »

@Ionut712

It isn't all about quality, views, etc. The problem is are the games that you're choosing to bring to this site. To be straight forward, if you aren't well known, those MW3, BF3, Arkham City, Skyrim video projects(Just to name a few for an example) will be blended in with the other thousands of contributors on YT, or on GA. And as a result, your video projects will not shine. It is possible of course, but that process can take a very long time. This place can give you huge opportunities, and in order to get up there, you must think outside the box, be creative, produce content that this site does not have. That is the key, originality. I've been here for many years and have been asked to become a director plenty of times, but denied them because it just wasn't my thing. And all I do are PSP videos, which aren't flashy and 1080, HD'ish at all haha. Originality will get you up there. Just look at the home page, most of the time you'll see games that you haven't heard of, or have forgotten. I'm not saying to stop with big games, but to bring it down a notch. If you're working on 3 projects...try doing 2 unique games this site does not have, and 1 huge game that everyone knows of. Good luck.
Average Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

16,483 gold
Give Gold
~Gaming Princess~

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 05, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »

I just don't get it anymore .

There truly isn't much "to get", check your PM though, hope it clears up some confusion on certain things~

Average Player

Videos: 388
Guides: 19

50,217 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 08, 2011, 12:16:12 AM »

If you become a director, can you still submit to youtube, or can you only submit videos to gameanyone.

Also, can an audiomark be used in the beginning of videos instead of a watermark. Watermarks in videos take too long to render.

"Thank You Mario!

But the Princess is in Another Castle!"

--Super Mario Brothers
Global Moderator
Average Player

Videos: 1,566
Guides: 56

139,234 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 08, 2011, 12:55:35 AM »

If you become a director, can you still submit to youtube, or can you only submit videos to gameanyone.

Also, can an audiomark be used in the beginning of videos instead of a watermark. Watermarks in videos take too long to render.
Yes you can still upload to youtube(but only exclusive view count towards the revenue system), and yes you can audiomark.

There truly isn't much "to get", check your PM though, hope it clears up some confusion on certain things~
Why you gotta be like that?
Full Player

Videos: 1,080
Guides: 67

137,238 gold
Give Gold
I'm best at space. Spaaaceee!

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 08, 2011, 01:11:07 AM »

Uh, a little watermark shouldn't do anything to the render time. Even if it did, I can't imagine it would be much.

Anyways, just remember to audiomark every episode. I record a few hours at a time and then make my edits where it makes sense, so audiomarking wouldn't work very well for me Tongue

Average Player

Videos: 388
Guides: 19

50,217 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 09, 2011, 12:37:10 AM »

Yes you can still upload to youtube(but only exclusive view count towards the revenue system), and yes you can audiomark.
You mean that only views on this site count towards the money you could get? Or only the videos that are exclusive can count towards it?

"Thank You Mario!

But the Princess is in Another Castle!"

--Super Mario Brothers
Director
Master Player

Videos: 4,387
Guides: 242

16,367 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 09, 2011, 01:22:14 AM »

You mean that only views on this site count towards the money you could get? Or only the videos that are exclusive can count towards it?
The latter.
Average Player

Videos: 202
Guides: 13

15,750 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 16, 2011, 11:31:31 AM »

So you would make the biggest amout of money (whatever that would be), if you play the newest games, and end up on the frontgame etc? That seems a bit stressful. Atleast on this time of the year.

I like money, but I am not going to let go of my current watermark. And I prefer to have all my shit on youtube.

I used to have a signature, but then I took an arrow to the knee. 
Director
Master Player

Videos: 4,387
Guides: 242

16,367 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 16, 2011, 11:58:31 AM »

So you would make the biggest amout of money (whatever that would be), if you play the newest games, and end up on the frontgame etc? That seems a bit stressful. Atleast on this time of the year.

I like money, but I am not going to let go of my current watermark. And I prefer to have all my shit on youtube.
No. The revenue system works by rewarding those who upload exclusively to GA. It doesn't make a different if you make front page or do new releases. The only variable that determines how much you much make is by your exclusive monthly views. There are countless LPers who do retro games and still net thousands of views.

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 91
 Print 

Jump to: