Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 91
 Print 

Author Topic: Game Anyone Directors  (Read 298029 times)
Master Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

17,248 gold
Give Gold
PS3 Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 28, 2010, 08:08:52 PM »

So basically as long as I record in 720p HD quality its all good? is this acceptable quality?

Haha I just watched the whole video...
-Very knowledgeable and great skill level with the game
-Fantastic intro albeit a bit lengthy
-Good video quality

Just my 2 cents, but you've got some good stuff going on.

Quote from: Ezio
A minute is all I need!... wait... that came out wrong...
Quote from: GLaD0S
I think we can put our differences behind us... for science... you monster.
Master Noob

Videos: 3,557
Guides: 74

15,254 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 28, 2010, 09:02:40 PM »

So basically as long as I record in 720p HD quality its all good? is this acceptable quality?

Well, what you did there was having an opening with crazy loud sound in 720p resolution, the actual footage seems to be much lower and not even in the correct aspect ratio.
So either make the footage 720p or just change the intro and make it in the same resolution as the footage you're recording(or rendering). Other than that just make sure you keep the volume of intro - footage around the same level.

Quality-wise it does look okay.

Written & video tutorials on how to make let's plays can be found at: www.letsplays.info
Youtube || Blip.tv || Blog
Use Your F*cking Brain!
Ultimate Gaming Machine

15,295 gold
Give Gold
I play it for fun and entertainment!

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 29, 2010, 05:15:15 PM »

The watermark is atrocious.
First of all, do as Aeterna suggests, and use the correct aspect ratio. It looks really bad having a watermark on a video that doesnt fit the screen stand out like that. White on black does NOT make it blend in.
Use a different font and make it look like it belongs there, not like you just slapped on some text.
The quality is not bad, but then again, if you render in HD, that's most of the battle. Size it correctly and do something about the brightness.

Join the GameAnyone Team

How To Add Your Videos

Official Forum Rules

Quote from: Darius320
My dream job that I've been dreamed of the most is become an comedian actress and advanced gamer.
Full Player

Videos: 662
Guides: 32

37,226 gold
Give Gold
PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 29, 2010, 07:18:43 PM »

First of all, do as Aeterna suggests, and use the correct aspect ratio. It looks really bad having a watermark on a video that doesnt fit the screen stand out like that. White on black does NOT make it blend in.
Use a different font and make it look like it belongs there, not like you just slapped on some text.
The quality is not bad, but then again, if you render in HD, that's most of the battle. Size it correctly and do something about the brightness.

Thanks for the suggestions, Im new to this whole vegas thing (as you can probably tell). That level is dark generally, it is set to be a night level. I thought the watermark just had to be bold and stand out but I suppose its a bit to plain and ugly.
Do you have any suggestions for the intro or should I keep it as is?

Last time i had sex was in 2003 and i'm ashamed to admit that it wasn't free
Stealthy Master Thief
Master Expert

Videos: 1,921
Guides: 40

100,947 gold
Give Gold
Frosty cheese with a slice of backstab

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 29, 2010, 07:42:38 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions, Im new to this whole vegas thing (as you can probably tell). That level is dark generally, it is set to be a night level. I thought the watermark just had to be bold and stand out but I suppose its a bit to plain and ugly.
Do you have any suggestions for the intro or should I keep it as is?

The intro is way too long, first off. Over 20 seconds of the video are dedicated to an introduction. When I first was doing introductions they were around 8 to 10 seconds... and even I felt that was really pushing it. I've dropped that completely at this point. Check out Razzalyn's videos as they are a great example. No introduction video at all, just a GameAnyone.com logo that is attractive and allows the viewer to know what the video is for. Razzalyn would be a perfect example for you to strive for as she does not use commentary either.

Most games allow you to change the brightness level or gamma in some way. I've turned up the brightness in my Thief LPs quite high to ensure what I do is visible even though the game should be pitch black in many places. We want to see what you are doing, not watch shadowy shapes bounce around on the screen while we strain to figure out what is going on. Make sure to pay attention to the brightness of the game when you first record and do what you can to increase the brightness if necessary.

Icy wishes,
FrozenFoxy

Aim for the moon, hope for nothing, and be surprised with what you get.

Simon: At 7AM tomorrow morning with 5 billion dollars worth of off the shelf technology, I'm gonna answer the greatest question of all time.
Ned: Why do men have nipples?
Simon: ...You're a philistine.
~The Big Bang (2011)

"Ever walk into a room and forget what you're looking for? Now what was I looking for... why are you asking you?! You don't f*ckin' know!" - Lee Evans

"Playing GTA to obey traffic laws is like playing Dead Rising to go shopping." - Alex from YT

Currently working on:

Something! I'll surprise ya.
Full Player

Videos: 662
Guides: 32

37,226 gold
Give Gold
PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 29, 2010, 07:57:31 PM »

I remeber thief deadly shadows being pretty much pitch black on default brightness so I get your point.
Following Razzalyn I will delete the intro video, and ive made the watermark brighter and hopefully not incredible tacky. If someone could give me a watermark to use, as im not to good at video editing that would be helpful. I know you guys mentioned in another thread that different ones are better but I dont want mine looking like a piece of crap Wink
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:04:37 PM by Maceman » Logged

Last time i had sex was in 2003 and i'm ashamed to admit that it wasn't free
Full Player

15,145 gold
Give Gold
Bombing the world's games

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 29, 2010, 09:21:19 PM »

I remeber thief deadly shadows being pretty much pitch black on default brightness so I get your point.
Following Razzalyn I will delete the intro video, and ive made the watermark brighter and hopefully not incredible tacky. If someone could give me a watermark to use, as im not to good at video editing that would be helpful. I know you guys mentioned in another thread that different ones are better but I dont want mine looking like a piece of crap Wink

All you have to do is to insert a text to one of the corners so it is not annoying the viewer. A lot of playthoughs are having watermarks that maybe cover the health bar or somthing like that. Try to make it small and viewable. The most recommended is to make a text watermark. Do not use an image or something. just use a normal font like arial, and maybe make it a bit transparancy (But not too much). Also to maybe make it a bit cool, then search on the web for a font that also have been used in the game itself. So if you are doing the 007 playthrough, then try to search for a 007 font on the web.

A recommended website to find a font is http://www.dafont.com - This website are having thousands of different fonts that you can easily install.

Master Noob

Videos: 481
Guides: 8

16,382 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: MrWunderboy

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 04, 2010, 01:59:01 AM »

Ironically, I saw this post just as I finished my Starcraft walkthrough, with big ol' ugly watermarks off to the side of the screen.  Oh well, I'm looking forward to proving my worth as an apprentice, and hope to join the ranks of the exalted.

When a genius appears amongst you, you shall know him by this sign -- the dunces are all in Confederacy against him.

--- Jonathon Swift
Starter

15,057 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 20, 2010, 09:49:16 PM »

i dont under stand, do we have to have at least 50 water merked videos or 50 walkthrough videos
Stealthy Master Thief
Master Expert

Videos: 1,921
Guides: 40

100,947 gold
Give Gold
Frosty cheese with a slice of backstab

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 20, 2010, 10:08:53 PM »

i dont under stand, do we have to have at least 50 water merked videos or 50 walkthrough videos

Fifty watermarked or audiomarked videos. All other videos can be uploaded to GameAnyone.com, but will not count toward your total for becoming a director.

Icy wishes,
FrozenFoxy

Aim for the moon, hope for nothing, and be surprised with what you get.

Simon: At 7AM tomorrow morning with 5 billion dollars worth of off the shelf technology, I'm gonna answer the greatest question of all time.
Ned: Why do men have nipples?
Simon: ...You're a philistine.
~The Big Bang (2011)

"Ever walk into a room and forget what you're looking for? Now what was I looking for... why are you asking you?! You don't f*ckin' know!" - Lee Evans

"Playing GTA to obey traffic laws is like playing Dead Rising to go shopping." - Alex from YT

Currently working on:

Something! I'll surprise ya.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 91
 Print 

Jump to: