Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Metal Gear Solid V The...
"Legend"

Obtain all trophies.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 91
 Print 

Author Topic: Game Anyone Directors  (Read 259126 times)
Full Player

Videos: 662
Guides: 32

37,226 gold
Give Gold
PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 27, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »

Are people more likely to be accepted with commentary? Because im trying with and without and I tihnk this whole talking to myself thing isnt working out. As long as you post in HD are you given the same opportunities as people with commentary? I know Overlord doesnt do commentary but I dont think I have seen any other directors not use commentary.

Last time i had sex was in 2003 and i'm ashamed to admit that it wasn't free
Average Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

16,483 gold
Give Gold
~Gaming Princess~

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 27, 2010, 09:22:18 PM »

I'm a director and I don't use commentary..

I haven't seen if the requirements were updated since I joined..but if you don't do commentary you'll be put on a higher focus on your quality of video.

Stealthy Master Thief
Master Expert

Videos: 1,921
Guides: 40

100,947 gold
Give Gold
Frosty cheese with a slice of backstab

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 27, 2010, 10:40:31 PM »

Are people more likely to be accepted with commentary? Because im trying with and without and I tihnk this whole talking to myself thing isnt working out. As long as you post in HD are you given the same opportunities as people with commentary? I know Overlord doesnt do commentary but I dont think I have seen any other directors not use commentary.

Only video quality is required if you don't use commentary. You must have HD quality videos as well as marking the video in some way, shape, or form to state that it is for GameAnyone.com in order to qualify for becoming a director. If you do commentary, the quality of the commentary is weighed more heavily compared to the quality of the video. Still, commentary or not, quality in your videos remains important. It's annoying to watch a video where the sound happens 2 seconds before or after an event. Before the event ruins the surprise while after the event often makes the actions less enjoyable. For example, you might hear a kill was made 2 seconds before it happens, ruining the satisfaction of watching it happen. If it's 2 seconds after, you might have a gun firing in the video but hear the shot later... the gun doesn't sound powerful and is disorienting to watch. Video and audio quality definitely count with or without commentary, in my opinion.

Icy wishes,
FrozenFoxy

Aim for the moon, hope for nothing, and be surprised with what you get.

Simon: At 7AM tomorrow morning with 5 billion dollars worth of off the shelf technology, I'm gonna answer the greatest question of all time.
Ned: Why do men have nipples?
Simon: ...You're a philistine.
~The Big Bang (2011)

"Ever walk into a room and forget what you're looking for? Now what was I looking for... why are you asking you?! You don't f*ckin' know!" - Lee Evans

"Playing GTA to obey traffic laws is like playing Dead Rising to go shopping." - Alex from YT

Currently working on:

Something! I'll surprise ya.
The Caped Crusader
Full Player

Videos: 90
Guides: 6

18,150 gold
Give Gold
Let's Go Space Truckin'

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 27, 2010, 11:25:51 PM »

Let's put it this way: You won't be voted down simply because you don't have commentary. As Razzalyn said the video quality requirement is more strict (because that's all you're offering) but if you meet those requirements as well as all the others listed, you have an equal chance of being accepted.

The secret to good quality videos:
I could use the S-Video splitter to my Dazzle for me to have better HD quality.
Average Player

Videos: 1,093
Guides: 39

98,387 gold
Give Gold
Advanced Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 28, 2010, 01:00:02 AM »

I was asked about how my commentary quality goes? They gave me a one to it. I don't even do commentaries and stuff and I should not have to be voted down if I have no interest to do any commentaries.

Advanced Gamer of Darius320
Master Player

17,248 gold
Give Gold
PS3 Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: April 28, 2010, 01:22:04 AM »

I was asked about how my commentary quality goes? They gave me a one to it. I don't even do commentaries and stuff and I should not have to be voted down if I have no interest to do any commentaries.
How do you know that they gave you a one? You got your score back?

Quote from: Ezio
A minute is all I need!... wait... that came out wrong...
Quote from: GLaD0S
I think we can put our differences behind us... for science... you monster.
Average Player

Videos: 1,093
Guides: 39

98,387 gold
Give Gold
Advanced Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 28, 2010, 01:40:27 AM »

How do you know that they gave you a one? You got your score back?

I already had my score from the last time. Some mistake was made about the commentary quality. It should be an N/A on how the commentary goes. That's how I know.

Advanced Gamer of Darius320
Use Your F*cking Brain!
Ultimate Gaming Machine

15,295 gold
Give Gold
I play it for fun and entertainment!

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 28, 2010, 03:16:37 AM »

Commentary is preferred, but not required.

I already had my score from the last time. Some mistake was made about the commentary quality. It should be an N/A on how the commentary goes. That's how I know.

Even if you had an N/A, the points are earned in your ability to meet the standards of directorship. You were WAY off the mark, so your commentary score is negligible.

You need to be able to show us you not only know what you're doing, but that you're dedicated, are willing to learn, and continue to show improvement. That's where the points are at.

Join the GameAnyone Team

How To Add Your Videos

Official Forum Rules

Quote from: Darius320
My dream job that I've been dreamed of the most is become an comedian actress and advanced gamer.
Full Player

Videos: 662
Guides: 32

37,226 gold
Give Gold
PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 28, 2010, 06:37:10 PM »

So basically as long as I record in 720p HD quality its all good? is this acceptable quality?

Last time i had sex was in 2003 and i'm ashamed to admit that it wasn't free
Semi-Expert

16,593 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 28, 2010, 06:58:21 PM »

You're right, Volv. They need to double check their spellings and their grammar because they don't want to have errors in their statement quality and if they don't they'll never have some possibly to have good results on their application. It's just my suggestions.

1. Proof read
2. Commas
3. Periods

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 91
 Print 

Jump to: