Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
A Hat in Time
"Return Home"

Collect all Time Pieces!

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 91
 Print 

Author Topic: Game Anyone Directors  (Read 252642 times)
Average Player

Videos: 1,093
Guides: 39

98,387 gold
Give Gold
Advanced Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: April 27, 2010, 01:28:10 AM »

Pretty much sums it up... looks like you had jittery hands when writing it though, some letters are in the words twice.

If the statement makes no sense, I just automatically rate the statement a 1. It has to be a well constructed and thought through paragraph for me to give it a high rating. Personal opinion.

You're right, Volv. They need to double check their spellings and their grammar because they don't want to have errors in their statement quality and if they don't they'll never have some possibly to have good results on their application. It's just my suggestions.

Advanced Gamer of Darius320
Use Your F*cking Brain!
Ultimate Gaming Machine

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,295 gold
Give Gold
I play it for fun and entertainment!

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 27, 2010, 04:38:48 AM »

You're right, Volv. They need to double check their spellings and their grammar because they don't want to have errors in their statement quality and if they don't they'll never have some possibly to have good results on their application. It's just my suggestions.

This is the biggest oxymoron... this sentence is full of bad grammar and words all out of place.

Tell me this is a joke...

Join the GameAnyone Team

How To Add Your Videos

Official Forum Rules

Quote from: Darius320
My dream job that I've been dreamed of the most is become an comedian actress and advanced gamer.
Expert

15,100 gold
Give Gold
Dance like a Fly, Bite like a Mosquito!

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 27, 2010, 08:31:34 AM »

This is the biggest oxymoron... this sentence is full of bad grammar and words all out of place.

Tell me this is a joke...
+1

Average Player

16,483 gold
Give Gold
~Gaming Princess~

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 27, 2010, 03:00:30 PM »

I generally don't mind it if I know English isn't their first language since I know how it can be heh.

King of this site
Master Player

15,445 gold
Give Gold
All hail Dave. Dave is life!

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 27, 2010, 04:41:19 PM »

Jesus jumped up Christ.....

"The Macemern luvs the Mernayse."
Stealthy Master Thief
Master Expert

Videos: 1,921
Guides: 40

100,947 gold
Give Gold
Frosty cheese with a slice of backstab

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 27, 2010, 06:07:15 PM »

Pretty much sums it up... looks like you had jittery hands when writing it though, some letters are in the words twice.

If the statement makes no sense, I just automatically rate the statement a 1. It has to be a well constructed and thought through paragraph for me to give it a high rating. Personal opinion.

While I agree that sentence structure is nice to have, it seems to me that the application is on behalf of individuals who want to become video directors rather than screenwriters. A badly worded application definitely would make me second guess the person, but videos with good quality picture and/or commentary may defeat my reservations about an applicant if I were in a position to judge an application. I've seen quite a few artists, directors, and machinima creators with wonderful videos who can't put a sentence together to save their lives.

Icy wishes,
FrozenFoxy

Aim for the moon, hope for nothing, and be surprised with what you get.

Simon: At 7AM tomorrow morning with 5 billion dollars worth of off the shelf technology, I'm gonna answer the greatest question of all time.
Ned: Why do men have nipples?
Simon: ...You're a philistine.
~The Big Bang (2011)

"Ever walk into a room and forget what you're looking for? Now what was I looking for... why are you asking you?! You don't f*ckin' know!" - Lee Evans

"Playing GTA to obey traffic laws is like playing Dead Rising to go shopping." - Alex from YT

Currently working on:

Something! I'll surprise ya.
Full Player

15,145 gold
Give Gold
Bombing the world's games

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 27, 2010, 07:13:14 PM »

well thats the big problem for us, who is not having english as their normal language. I am coming from Denmark, and still are having english in senior Highschool. I have never been good at all this Grammar. Danish and English are having a real different sentence setup, so I first of all have to find out how to build up the sentence, and then think about the grammar and spellings. I am hundred procent sure that I am having some bad grammars and sentence setups in this post. But the most important for me, is that you can understand me.

I am taking this website as a little extra studying. I am learning how to make better english sentences, and by doing commentaries, then I am also using the english language. This is a really great way for me to learn the english language. From 2 years I started making playthroughs, and I sucked that time. Now I am a lot better to write, speak and generally just use the english language.

Now the point is, that I think it is wrong that the spellings and grammars are having a big role from becoming a director or not a director. This website are having members coming from all over the country. What you are saying right now, is that you are only allowing english speaking people become a Director. Because if you are giving the statement quality 1/5 then you are not really having a chance to reach the director qualification.

Master Player

15,163 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 27, 2010, 07:20:41 PM »

While I agree that sentence structure is nice to have, it seems to me that the application is on behalf of individuals who want to become video directors rather than screenwriters. A badly worded application definitely would make me second guess the person, but videos with good quality picture and/or commentary may defeat my reservations about an applicant if I were in a position to judge an application. I've seen quite a few artists, directors, and machinima creators with wonderful videos who can't put a sentence together to save their lives.

Icy wishes,
FrozenFoxy

Wasn't Einstein awful at spelling?... haha

\"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few
drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.\" MOHANDAS K. GANDHI.
Average Player

16,483 gold
Give Gold
~Gaming Princess~

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 27, 2010, 07:29:20 PM »

well thats the big problem for us, who is not having english as their normal language. I am coming from Denmark, and still are having english in senior Highschool. I have never been good at all this Grammar. Danish and English are having a real different sentence setup, so I first of all have to find out how to build up the sentence, and then think about the grammar and spellings. I am hundred procent sure that I am having some bad grammars and sentence setups in this post. But the most important for me, is that you can understand me.

I am taking this website as a little extra studying. I am learning how to make better english sentences, and by doing commentaries, then I am also using the english language. This is a really great way for me to learn the english language. From 2 years I started making playthroughs, and I sucked that time. Now I am a lot better to write, speak and generally just use the english language.

Now the point is, that I think it is wrong that the spellings and grammars are having a big role from becoming a director or not a director. This website are having members coming from all over the country. What you are saying right now, is that you are only allowing english speaking people become a Director. Because if you are giving the statement quality 1/5 then you are not really having a chance to reach the director qualification.

While true, you're still easy enough to understand. I still prefer to only verbally speak Japanese since it's a lot easier for me, but typing English gets better as you go. So I doubt its held TOO much against you, it seems to be more towards people who are naturally English speakers that still can't seem to formulate proper grammar.

Full Player

15,145 gold
Give Gold
Bombing the world's games

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 27, 2010, 07:32:11 PM »

While true, you're still easy enough to understand. I still prefer to only verbally speak Japanese since it's a lot easier for me, but typing English gets better as you go. So I doubt its held TOO much against you, it seems to be more towards people who are naturally English speakers that still can't seem to formulate proper grammar.

Oh... Well this is also one of the problems not having english as my normal language. I am misunderstanding Smiley Well thanks Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 91
 Print 

Jump to: