Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 [2] 3
 Print 

Author Topic: Why gaming?  (Read 6578 times)
Noob

Videos: 110
Guides: 1

19,231 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 12:14:05 AM »

I'm particularly picky when it comes to games, as I typically prefer games with really good stories and interesting characters.  With these games, I enjoy actively immersing myself in a game's narrative if I find the writing compelling.  I like to feel personally invested and, if possible, take an active stance in influencing the outcome of a game's narrative.
Expert Noob

Videos: 126
Guides: 36

15,750 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 01:43:29 AM »

I'm particularly picky when it comes to games, as I typically prefer games with really good stories and interesting characters.  With these games, I enjoy actively immersing myself in a game's narrative if I find the writing compelling.  I like to feel personally invested and, if possible, take an active stance in influencing the outcome of a game's narrative.

So, do you see gaming as a way to totally break with reality? It sounds like you really like to get into your games, given the elements you cited. I enjoy games like that, as well, but I've had to come to grips with the fact that, in my life, there are not many times when I can crawl into a game and let time melt away around me like I could when I was younger.
Noob

Videos: 110
Guides: 1

19,231 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 10:57:04 PM »

So, do you see gaming as a way to totally break with reality? It sounds like you really like to get into your games, given the elements you cited. I enjoy games like that, as well, but I've had to come to grips with the fact that, in my life, there are not many times when I can crawl into a game and let time melt away around me like I could when I was younger.

I don't think getting deeply involved in a game's narrative requires you to break with reality.  I look at such games as a source of enjoyment.  I have little issue keeping track of time and real-life commitments while immersing myself in a great narrative, and great narratives are something I appreciate when gaming.
Noob

Videos: 145
Guides: 7

1,475 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2016, 01:52:56 PM »

Gaming to me has always been a way to have fun with others. From teaming up with my brother way back in Streets of Rage and Contra to playing online in shooters and MMOs. I've been playing for decades but that feeling has never changed. When I came into watching LPs some years ago I got the same feeling. it was wasn't direct enjoyment with others, but seeing the players experience and commenting about it felt like I was sharing it with them. Now though I just want to provide that same experience to others. that's why I love videogames and will never stop playing.
Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

5,537 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 08:54:21 AM »

Gaming is the way of life!I cant imagine my morning without the last games news! Embarrassed
Isaac the Runner Author
Full Player

Videos: 510
Guides: 13

274,195 gold
Give Gold
Awesome!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 05:30:01 PM »

I don't think I can get another hobby better than video games.

I am the author of Isaac the Runner.
Sovereign
Full Player

1,518 gold
Give Gold
Spooked to death

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 01:55:57 PM »

I don't think I can get another hobby better than video games.
How do you mean? Is gaming your absolute favorite hobby and culture to spend time with, or do you mean you wouldn't know how to find another hobby?

There are tons of things to do, especially if you have spare time for video games. You can always read, write poetry or fiction, paint, sculpt, sketch, cook, rock climb, learn how to program, learn how to put electronics together, learn how to put machines together, hunt, fish, practice a sport, collect things, etc.

I'm not sure what the definition of a hobby is, but I assume you can make one out of anything,

Mind awake, body asleep
Isaac the Runner Author
Full Player

Videos: 510
Guides: 13

274,195 gold
Give Gold
Awesome!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 02:53:57 PM »

How do you mean? Is gaming your absolute favorite hobby and culture to spend time with, or do you mean you wouldn't know how to find another hobby?

There are tons of things to do, especially if you have spare time for video games. You can always read, write poetry or fiction, paint, sculpt, sketch, cook, rock climb, learn how to program, learn how to put electronics together, learn how to put machines together, hunt, fish, practice a sport, collect things, etc.

I'm not sure what the definition of a hobby is, but I assume you can make one out of anything,

I do have other hobbies that I do sometimes such as movies, music and writing. Most of my day, it's video games.

I am the author of Isaac the Runner.
Noob

5,568 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 12:58:22 PM »

no video games no life Grin
Starter