Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: Youtube Integration  (Read 1998 times)
Director
Master Player

Videos: 4,387
Guides: 242

16,367 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2016, 12:26:06 AM »

Personal opinion: I don't like including and linking to youtube videos and their channels. I feel like Gameanyone playlists are buried beneath the youtube links and I might as well stay on Youtube because I can link it here later, as an afterthought. I miss when a game was only listed if it was hosted on GA exclusively. It doesn't feel like GA is it's own community. Also not a fan of the full page ads. I'd be back here in a heartbeat if the site kept the ads to small sidebars and some video ads, but pushed donations and perhaps a Patreon. Donators should be listed and be given some perks. I hope it's worth a try and I'd love to push for it.
Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,658
Guides: 46

37,884 gold
Give Gold
Barking up the wrong tree!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 02:11:11 AM »

Personal opinion: I don't like including and linking to youtube videos and their channels. I feel like Gameanyone playlists are buried beneath the youtube links and I might as well stay on Youtube because I can link it here later, as an afterthought. I miss when a game was only listed if it was hosted on GA exclusively. It doesn't feel like GA is it's own community. Also not a fan of the full page ads. I'd be back here in a heartbeat if the site kept the ads to small sidebars and some video ads, but pushed donations and perhaps a Patreon. Donators should be listed and be given some perks. I hope it's worth a try and I'd love to push for it.

I Don't think having a bunch of side links on every video page will look very good. Especially not when they are begging for donations.

Also, how are the GA playlists "Buried" under the Youtube playlists? They are rated by popularity.

To be a tree your bark has to be worse than your bite.

Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,672,628 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 03:08:43 AM »

We show exclusives with a blue title, which helps them stand out. If you also take the effort to tag achievements, it makes it stand out even more. The good walkthroughs rise to the top. Most submissions come from YouTube, this is always how the site has been.

If you record a game that no one else has recorded, then you don't have any other walkthrough to compete over. Otherwise, you just need to do what you can to make your videos and your playlist stand out.

Donations are great. Every time a donation comes in, I am overwhelmed with joy that people care enough to donate. But, ads are still needed. If we were able to get many donations every month, we could cut back on the ads, but we would need quite a lot.

I have reworked many of the ads recently to make them less intrusive, but perhaps more can be done. Our ads now load much faster than they ever did, and they don't delay the rest of the page from loading. A full-page ad will only happen once in a while, generally only once every few days. We no longer display banner ads on video pages, and we remove ads from the market page when you are playing the Urns to ensure that they run smooth. We are doing a lot to make the ads manageable, but if you have more ideas to optimize things without reducing our needed revenue, be sure to post ideas.

United States  abe
Expert

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

35,560 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 03:16:44 AM »

We show exclusives with a blue title, which helps them stand out. If you also take the effort to tag achievements, it makes it stand out even more. The good walkthroughs rise to the top. Most submissions come from YouTube, this is always how the site has been.

If you record a game that no one else has recorded, then you don't have any other walkthrough to compete over. Otherwise, you just need to do what you can to make your videos and your playlist stand out.

Donations are great. Every time a donation comes in, I am overwhelmed with joy that people care enough to donate. But, ads are still needed. If we were able to get many donations every month, we could cut back on the ads, but we would need quite a lot.

I have reworked many of the ads recently to make them less intrusive, but perhaps more can be done. Our ads now load much faster than they ever did, and they don't delay the rest of the page from loading. A full-page ad will only happen once in a while, generally only once every few days. We no longer display banner ads on video pages, and we remove ads from the market page when you are playing the Urns to ensure that they run smooth. We are doing a lot to make the ads manageable, but if you have more ideas to optimize things without reducing our needed revenue, be sure to post ideas.
that's great!

Hello everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: