Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Bloodstained Curse of the...
"Emperor of Darkness"

Sacrifice every adventurer and...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
 Print 

Author Topic: The last game you completed?  (Read 16598 times)
Expert Noob

Videos: 126
Guides: 36

15,750 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2016, 02:41:13 PM »

Sure, there's a topic for the last game you PLAYED, but if you're anything like me, there are a ton of games (with new ones coming all the time), and just not enough time to finish them all. So, with that in mind: What's the last game you beat/finished/completed?

For me, I just wrapped up 2: Snatcher (Sega CD) as a playthrough with my recording partner, and Wild ARMs (PS1) on my own since I never finished it as a kid.
I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 2,750
Guides: 113

35,441 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 06:57:11 PM »

Technically the last game I completed was Ape Escape: Pumped & Primed for the PS2.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Director
Full Player

Videos: 2,982
Guides: 54

5,389 gold
Give Gold
beep beep car

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 09:54:25 PM »

Last game I beat was Beep.

Noob
Videos: 0
Guides: 0

13,347 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 12:29:36 AM »

I believe it was Sonic gen for the 3ds
Noob

5,626 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 07:26:01 AM »

The last game I completed was Fallout 4. I had Fallout 4 Kaufen with high expectations and was quite satisfied with the game. I am thinking of starting with Snatcher now and since you have already finished it, it would be helpful if you could share some experiences.
Expert Noob

15,750 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 03:54:12 AM »

The last game I completed was Fallout 4. I had Fallout 4 Kaufen with high expectations and was quite satisfied with the game. I am thinking of starting with Snatcher now and since you have already finished it, it would be helpful if you could share some experiences.

If you're into more old-school adventure games, Snatcher is a great fit for that! My companion and I enjoyed playing through it--it has a solid storyline, decent music (although the music over the opening credits is pretty sweet, by 1994 standards), and there are enough goofy things and 4th wall breaking that Hideo Kojima threw into the game to keep parts of it light despite the heavy story (some of which we showed off, but there were some things we didn't!)

There are some drawbacks, however. The pacing is fairly uneven throughout the game, having some incredibly slow bits coupled with so much plot and action happening in Act 3 that it almost feels like the game should've been a couple hours shorter. Some of the music and sound effects are lacking and can be downright annoying. The game is very specific about what it wants you to do at times, so much so that it can leave you stuck for a while if you don't know what to do and just try everything multiple times. The controls can also be unresponsive at times when you need them not to be.

Overall, I'd tell you to at least give it a chance. It's an odd duck for a console platform, and its a Kojima game, which carries enough weight on its own sometimes. Hope you enjoy!
Noob

5,626 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 04:32:03 AM »

If you're into more old-school adventure games, Snatcher is a great fit for that! My companion and I enjoyed playing through it--it has a solid storyline, decent music (although the music over the opening credits is pretty sweet, by 1994 standards), and there are enough goofy things and 4th wall breaking that Hideo Kojima threw into the game to keep parts of it light despite the heavy story (some of which we showed off, but there were some things we didn't!)

There are some drawbacks, however. The pacing is fairly uneven throughout the game, having some incredibly slow bits coupled with so much plot and action happening in Act 3 that it almost feels like the game should've been a couple hours shorter. Some of the music and sound effects are lacking and can be downright annoying. The game is very specific about what it wants you to do at times, so much so that it can leave you stuck for a while if you don't know what to do and just try everything multiple times. The controls can also be unresponsive at times when you need them not to be.

Overall, I'd tell you to at least give it a chance. It's an odd duck for a console platform, and its a Kojima game, which carries enough weight on its own sometimes. Hope you enjoy!

Thank you for the detailed review highlighting both the good features as well as the drawbacks. I now think that giving it a shot once won't be a bad idea. I hope to enjoy it too!
Expert Noob

15,750 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 06:42:11 PM »

Thank you for the detailed review highlighting both the good features as well as the drawbacks. I now think that giving it a shot once won't be a bad idea. I hope to enjoy it too!

You're welcome!  Smiley I hope you enjoy!
Noob

Videos: 2,685
Guides: 61

188,933 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 09:29:03 PM »

Tales of Hearts R.
Expert Noob

15,750 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 09:10:56 PM »

Just wrapped up Aviary Attorney (recorded--go check it out!) and XCOM 2 (not recorded because its WAY too long for my tastes in let's plays).

Suggestions as to what I should do next?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
 Print 

Jump to: