Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Silent Hill 2
"Hard to Hit"

Receive less than 500 points...

Pages: 1 [2]
 Print 

Author Topic: Site Updates - Jan 21, 2017  (Read 6611 times)
Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,672,490 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 06:05:34 PM »

I am not making a new thread so you can just delete these posts afterwards. Someone apparently made a nice backup(possibly) of your database while you were migrating to the new server(or whatever, I skimemd over the latest announcements) and you didn't take notice of it.
https://hacked-emails.com/leak/b644face7f018e30f518/gameanyone-com/

I have been getting spam for a week now.

I'm making some changes to the email settings on the server to help prevent this.

Noob

Videos: 593
Guides: 80

2,568 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 08:43:56 AM »

I'm making some changes to the email settings on the server to help prevent this.
That's not it, I am not getting emails from your server, I am in quite a few spam lists right now as I get around 60 spam mails per day right now.
The fact that someone has 80K+ emails and other contact info is what you should really worry about, and the fact that you didn't even know about this until I found out about it.
Tech Admin
True Gamer

1,672,490 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 09:14:55 PM »

That's not it, I am not getting emails from your server, I am in quite a few spam lists right now as I get around 60 spam mails per day right now.
The fact that someone has 80K+ emails and other contact info is what you should really worry about, and the fact that you didn't even know about this until I found out about it.

The email addresses of most members are publicly available on their profile summary. We don't have any secret sensitive data... we don't store passwords or banking info.

Noob

2,568 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 06:19:05 AM »

The email addresses of most members are publicly available on their profile summary. We don't have any secret sensitive data... we don't store passwords or banking info.
I don't think you understand how serious this is and what the consequences are. Your website stores:
Birthdate
Password(Unknown if salted or not)
Location(Optional)
Gender(Optional)

I'd say that's enough to send convincing enough emails, as well as use the password(unless it is salted with blowfish or any other powerful algorithm) to login to a user's account on other websites if they use the same password. I'd suggest you send an email to all existing users warning them to change their passwords at the very least.

This can turn very badly if you're the sole owner o this website.
Tech Admin
True Gamer

1,672,490 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 05:30:14 PM »

Websites do not store passwords. They are always just hashes.

Email addresses are not special. Any server can send emails from any email address to any other email address. If your server is powerful enough, you can send emails to everyone in the world, without even needing a list of email addresses. This is why everyone has 10,000 unread spam emails at any given time.

If you are getting spam, you can click the Unsubscribe link in the email, which is required by the CAN-SPAM Act. If this link isn't present, you can set filters with your email provider.

Noob

2,568 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2018, 11:28:35 AM »

Websites do not store passwords. They are always just hashes.

Email addresses are not special. Any server can send emails from any email address to any other email address. If your server is powerful enough, you can send emails to everyone in the world, without even needing a list of email addresses. This is why everyone has 10,000 unread spam emails at any given time.

If you are getting spam, you can click the Unsubscribe link in the email, which is required by the CAN-SPAM Act. If this link isn't present, you can set filters with your email provider.

"Websites do not store passwords. They are always just hashes."

Not even gonna bother anymore. You've proven you have no idea what you're talking about. Congratz!
Tech Admin
True Gamer

1,672,490 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2018, 06:13:36 PM »

"Websites do not store passwords. They are always just hashes."

Not even gonna bother anymore. You've proven you have no idea what you're talking about. Congratz!

Wink

Director
Full Player

Videos: 3,150
Guides: 54

-2,094 gold
Give Gold
beep beep car

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 01:30:05 AM »

Not sure what that guy was on about, I never received any spam emails from this site/server/whatever.

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 2,906
Guides: 122

34,986 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 02:38:47 AM »

Not sure what that guy was on about, I never received any spam emails from this site/server/whatever.
Can confirm the same for me.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Isaac the Runner Author
Full Player

Videos: 622
Guides: 16

325,361 gold
Give Gold
Awesome!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 05:18:11 PM »

Can confirm the same for me.

I have no idea what's going on here?

I am the author of Isaac the Runner.