Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: HD PVR Rocket  (Read 3335 times)
Semi-Noob

Videos: 466
Guides: 40

175,688 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2015, 02:25:13 PM »

So, I use an HD PVR Rocket and I've been trying to record my PS4 with it but it's just not working. It isn't showing up on my television screen but it shows up in the recording.

I'm pretty sure I'm hooking it up correctly. My HDMI cords are all where they should be. Are there other settings I need to change on the PS4 that I'm missing?

I would appreciate any help you guys could give me.
I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 2,597
Guides: 110

47,017 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 04:02:38 PM »

Do you have the PS4 set up properly to record. By that I mean turning off the HDCP Encryption on the console itself. There should be an option to do that because naturally the PS4's encryption prevented use of capture devices unless an HDCP stripper were used.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,658
Guides: 46

37,884 gold
Give Gold
Barking up the wrong tree!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 04:52:54 PM »

So, I use an HD PVR Rocket and I've been trying to record my PS4 with it but it's just not working. It isn't showing up on my television screen but it shows up in the recording.

I'm pretty sure I'm hooking it up correctly. My HDMI cords are all where they should be. Are there other settings I need to change on the PS4 that I'm missing?

I would appreciate any help you guys could give me.

If it's not showing up on your TV then that means the HDMI Out from the PVR isn't connected to your TV...or it's not transmitting/working. Do make sure the cable isn't busted, Tongue

Since he got it to record, I am pretty sure it can't be an HDCP issue...

To be a tree your bark has to be worse than your bite.

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

47,017 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 04:54:29 PM »

If it's not showing up on your TV then that means the HDMI Out from the PVR isn't connected to your TV...or it's not transmitting/working. Do make sure the cable isn't busted, Tongue
The HDCP Encryption also can cause this. Same thing happens when trying to record HDMI on a PS3 due to the encrpytion. PS4 has the ability to turn it off in the options though.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

37,884 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 04:55:48 PM »

The HDCP Encryption also can cause this. Same thing happens when trying to record HDMI on a PS3 due to the encrpytion. PS4 has the ability to turn it off in the options though.

Yes, but he said the PVR could record it. So I am pretty sure HDCP can't be on, because it shouldn't be outputting in the first place. O_o He just isn't getting it to loop back to his TV, unless I miusdnerstood him..

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

47,017 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 06:13:42 PM »

Yes, but he said the PVR could record it. So I am pretty sure HDCP can't be on, because it shouldn't be outputting in the first place. O_o He just isn't getting it to loop back to his TV, unless I miusdnerstood him..
In that case it is possibly the cable that is screwed up like you mentioned.

Semi-Noob

175,688 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 03:55:43 PM »

I did turn the HDCP Encryption off on the PS4.

I tried using different HDMI cords, and still nothing.
Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

37,884 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 06:05:52 AM »

I did turn the HDCP Encryption off on the PS4.

I tried using different HDMI cords, and still nothing.

Then your unit might have a busted HDMI out, and there isn't much you can do about it besides RMA. When you feel like you have done everything known to man, that is. Tongue

Semi-Noob

175,688 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 01:30:04 PM »

I figured it out, and everything works now. Not entirely sure what actually fixed the issue, I switched out both HDMI cables I was using and I tried booting my PS4 in safe mode and changed the output settings, and now it works. Thanks guys for all the helpful tips!   Cheesy

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: