Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XII The...
"Fated Meeting"

Rescued the Princess of...

Pages: 1 [2]
 Print 

Author Topic: Top Contributors List  (Read 6117 times)
Master Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

4,255 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 07:53:02 PM »

Not to mention that I think the view count on the list might be off - or is only counting certain ones. At the start of the month, my channel page said I had just over 40,000 views. As of now, I'm just under 47,000 (so roughly 6,500-7,000 this month), but on the Top Contributors page, I only have just under 2,400.

Could be those 2,4k are verified views.

When I go to check my profile it tells me that I have over 300 views, when really I only have 6 Sad

I could be completely wrong though lol
Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,658
Guides: 46

37,884 gold
Give Gold
Barking up the wrong tree!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 09:26:41 PM »

Not to mention that I think the view count on the list might be off - or is only counting certain ones. At the start of the month, my channel page said I had just over 40,000 views. As of now, I'm just under 47,000 (so roughly 6,500-7,000 this month), but on the Top Contributors page, I only have just under 2,400. So between inactive accounts that get a lot of views, the proxy accounts, and the contributors page likely low-balling the actual number of views everyone's getting (and I did the math, the channel page's view counter is accurate), using that list as a gauge of how you're doing likely isn't telling you the whole story.

It might only be counting actual video views, or exclusive views, whereas your profile pages probably counts profile views or something.

To be a tree your bark has to be worse than your bite.

Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,672,605 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 09:56:08 PM »

We keep track of many different view count numbers. These include page views, video plays, video completions, ad plays, unique ip plays, among other statistics. We use this data to come up with our values that are used to represent view counts.

Verified views are essentially the hardest to get, lowest number of all the view counts. Actual views are in most cases much higher than this, but it doesn't make sense to allow someone to refresh the page 1000 times to get 1000 views, this is why we use the measures that we do.

Newfoundland
Semi-Noob

Videos: 56
Guides: 16

31,284 gold
Give Gold
aka Anoobis

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 06:38:15 AM »

We keep track of many different view count numbers. These include page views, video plays, video completions, ad plays, unique ip plays, among other statistics. We use this data to come up with our values that are used to represent view counts.

Verified views are essentially the hardest to get, lowest number of all the view counts. Actual views are in most cases much higher than this, but it doesn't make sense to allow someone to refresh the page 1000 times to get 1000 views, this is why we use the measures that we do.

What gets you verified views anyways? Would that be the directors?

Pages: 1 [2]
 Print 

Jump to: