Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Author Topic: Top Contributors List  (Read 6156 times)
Newfoundland
Semi-Noob

Videos: 56
Guides: 16

31,284 gold
Give Gold
aka Anoobis

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2015, 04:00:59 AM »

I'm liking the Top 25 Contributors list. I hope to see a Top 50, because it allows 25 more people to be recognized for what they've done. Also, I hope the Top Contributors of the Day panel gets added, so that people can see how many videos a person has added in a day, and how many views/subscribers/achievements they've gotten in a day.

As well, in order to make things interesting, there should be a monthly, and yearly prize to the Top 5 users who has the most views, as I like to see them engage in a competition of some sort, for the Top 5 prizes. The prizes should be gold, and it goes like this:

Monthly:

• 1st place user gets 1,000 gold
• 2nd place user gets 500 gold
• 3rd place user gets 250 gold
• 4th place user get 100 gold
• 5th place user gets 50 gold

Yearly:

• 1st place user gets 15,000 gold, and an award in the GameAnyone yearly awards for Highest Viewcount of the Year
• 2nd place user gets 10,000 gold
• 3rd place user gets 5,000 gold
• 4th place user gets 2,500 gold
• 5th place user gets 1,000 gold
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:09:45 AM by Andrew14 » Logged

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 3,226
Guides: 137

68,060 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 05:06:37 AM »

Honestly I think there should be a split in the list. Ever since it was possible for people to add other people's videos to the site a lot of the really popular LPers who have many playthroughs dominate the list despite their accounts being generated by others.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Master Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

4,255 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 09:18:00 AM »

Honestly I think there should be a split in the list. Ever since it was possible for people to add other people's videos to the site a lot of the really popular LPers who have many playthroughs dominate the list despite their accounts being generated by others.

That's bad.
Getting stuff for uploading videos that aren't yours, I mean.

If that could somehow get worked out, I'd love to go with TCs idea and expand the list and add awards.
I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

68,060 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 09:27:18 PM »

That's bad.
Getting stuff for uploading videos that aren't yours, I mean.

If that could somehow get worked out, I'd love to go with TCs idea and expand the list and add awards.
The videos generate accounts that the owner of the channel can request to delete or take control over at any time. So people aren't profiting off other people's videos or anything like that.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Master Noob

4,255 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 06:18:29 AM »

But the users who upload others' playthroughs still dominate the list, like you said.

Ever since it was possible for people to add other people's videos to the site a lot of the really popular LPers who have many playthroughs dominate the list despite their accounts being generated by others.

This is what I was talking about.
It shouldn't be like this.
Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,672,607 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 07:37:51 PM »

There are some good ideas in this thread.

We may be able to give out gold for the top contributors, but it will take some more work to get the code able to do this each month.

We include all users in the top contributors list, but we may be able to add an option to only show those with active accounts.

My focus right now is to finish what I'm currently working on for the gold system, which I think everyone should like.

United States  abe
Expert

34,987 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 09:26:21 PM »

There are some good ideas in this thread.

We may be able to give out gold for the top contributors, but it will take some more work to get the code able to do this each month.

We include all users in the top contributors list, but we may be able to add an option to only show those with active accounts.

My focus right now is to finish what I'm currently working on for the gold system, which I think everyone should like.
those ARE good ideas at that!

Hello everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Noob

Videos: 2,554
Guides: 234

74,539 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 01:39:18 PM »

Have some vanity question.  Cheesy
Why in top contributor list of this year, I can't see myself? I think my views are in top, but it's not.

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

68,060 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 05:42:37 PM »

Have some vanity question.  Cheesy
Why in top contributor list of this year, I can't see myself? I think my views are in top, but it's not.
It's based off on how many guides are added as well as views. With many people submitting the many guides of famous YouTubers and thus creating the proxy accounts for those channels all at once, it pushes everyone else off the list a lot.

Director
Full Noob

Videos: 1,384
Guides: 119

8,962 gold
Give Gold
You know, that guy who plays stuff...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 06:15:18 PM »

It's based off on how many guides are added as well as views. With many people submitting the many guides of famous YouTubers and thus creating the proxy accounts for those channels all at once, it pushes everyone else off the list a lot.

Not to mention that I think the view count on the list might be off - or is only counting certain ones. At the start of the month, my channel page said I had just over 40,000 views. As of now, I'm just under 47,000 (so roughly 6,500-7,000 this month), but on the Top Contributors page, I only have just under 2,400. So between inactive accounts that get a lot of views, the proxy accounts, and the contributors page likely low-balling the actual number of views everyone's getting (and I did the math, the channel page's view counter is accurate), using that list as a gauge of how you're doing likely isn't telling you the whole story.

Director since January 8th, 2015

Current Projects:
Pac-Man World (PS1 - SMW Rom Hack)(GA Exclusive)
Yoshi's Strange Quest (SNES - SMW Rom Hack)(Twitch/YouTube - Mon)
Torrent Tuesday (Various SMW Hacks)(Twitch/YouTube - Tues)
Brutal Mario(Twitch/YouTube - Fri)
Donkey Kong Land 2 (SNES)(Twitch/YouTube - Sat)
Kamek's Revenge (SMW2:YI Rom Hack)(Twitch/YouTube - Sun)

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Jump to: