Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: Using Laptop and Dazzle to record PC?  (Read 7087 times)
Noob

Videos: 102
Guides: 6

15,107 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2015, 09:42:13 AM »

That's pretty much my question. Can I use Dazzle that is connected to my laptop, and also connected to my TV/PC monitor? Then record the gameplay as I play it using my gaming PC?
This probably wouldn't cause any lag like Fraps or other recording softwares I tried.

I searched the google, but there's no answer, except for consoles :/

I wish to see some answers when I get back from the work Cheesy
I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 2,906
Guides: 122

34,986 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 08:03:20 PM »

To use the Dazzle for recording PC you'd need one of those DVI to Component cables. Honestly it's better if you were to just use either Open Broadcaster System or XSplit. OBS is entirely free, but still has some problems since it is entirely free, while XSplit now has a free option but limits you from 60 FPS.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,672,490 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 10:07:41 PM »

The main thing that Fraps causes to slow down is the hard drive (at least for me it is). I get better results when I record directly to my SSD than to a standard hard drive.

Dazzles and other hardware will still need to record the data to a drive somehow. It probably will be faster if it is recording it to your laptop rather than the computer you are playing on, but that all depends on your setup. A high quality capture card is expensive, so I would instead invest the money into a fairly large SSD for recording onto.

Then again, I have never used a dazzle before, so my advice may not be the best.

Noob

Videos: 102
Guides: 6

15,107 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 09:34:34 PM »

I'm still wondering should I buy a capture card, or just a tv tuner. My eyes have been caught on this ''Koolertron HD Game Capture'', but I wonder if I could go a lot cheaper by buying a tv tuner, and record the gameplay using something like fraps, or other software.

One walkthrougher at YouTube does this, and his gameplay videos in HD look good.
And if I would go for tv tuner, what tv tuner should I buy? There's so many bad ones and good ones, and I'm afraid I might buy the wrong one :/

Are here any Koolertron Game Capture users? What do you think about this capture device?
Starter
Videos: 0
Guides: 0

5,512 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 08:14:37 AM »

We need people related to the site to come to know each other.
Starter
Videos: 0
Guides: 0

5,513 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 04:20:41 AM »

A good deal of this size have made our interest here is very special, with huge peaks, making it very loud.

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: