Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Bloodstained Curse of the...
"Emperor of Darkness"

Sacrifice every adventurer and...

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: 60 FPS Support?  (Read 5421 times)
Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,658
Guides: 46

37,884 gold
Give Gold
Barking up the wrong tree!

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2015, 05:23:51 PM »

I remember hearing that Youtube got this a while back, and I don't recall any recent topics about it here... So, yeah... Is it feasible that we could get support for 60 FPS video here, too, Mace, or are there too many hurdles?

To be a tree your bark has to be worse than your bite.

Im Basically The Cats Meow
Director
Master Noob

Videos: 1,825
Guides: 98

37,844 gold
Give Gold
HEHEHEHEHEHE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 07:41:34 PM »

I sent Mace a message asking the same thing and this is what he had to say on the matter.

"The player supports it, but we currently don't encode the videos at 60fps - most browsers don't support it yet, so most people won't even see it. It could be something that we add in 2015.

Video has a bright future. Increased resolutions, frame rates, h265 getting more popular (better quality and smaller filesize), 360 degree videos for VR with 3D audio - possibly even video with positional tracking. There are lots of things we can expand upon, but it isn't always best to jump on the new technologies before they are ready.

60fps support will most likely be added to all the browsers soon, and we will follow suit and add support for it."

I LOVE YOU
Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,663,612 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 12:24:56 AM »

This will be added, in time. We may even want to add 90fps support if we are to fully take advantage of the consumer version of the Oculus Rift, which should be released later this year.

Full Noob

Videos: 1,174
Guides: 55

201,052 gold
Give Gold
I Play You Enjoy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 12:28:06 AM »

I would love to have 60FPS but it's best we hold off till most people can enjoy it otherwise it's alot of work for little gain but for sure i would love to have 60FPS on gameanyone.

As a gamer i live many lives you non-gamers live just the one
Aspie Retrogamer
Average Player

Videos: 2,819
Guides: 806

353,396 gold
Give Gold
HomuMado forever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 11:04:12 PM »

Yeah, 60FPS should be the norm  since it is the standard frame rate of even the oldest video games

If it moves, kill it!

With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a magical girl, and if you are not a magical girl, you can't control the past. He who can't control the past cannot command the future, and he who is unable to command the future cannot conquer the past.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good ol' days. What were you in your former life?

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: