Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Crash Team Racing Nitro...
"Nitrostalgia"

Finish first on all tracks ...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
 Print 

Author Topic: skill points for games?  (Read 18096 times)
Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,672,605 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 12:54:38 AM »

Achievement adding/editing/deleting is working!

Also, please note, that there are some things in the 'Admin' box on the edit page that may not work for Experts, as these are only for admins (currently). There Delete is in here though, noted by the 'D'.

I added Roxas as Expert on this game: http://www.gameanyone.com/PS2/Final_Fantasy_XII.html
Maybe you can try it out?

You can get to the edit page by clicking on Edit on the achievement list page. For games that don't already have achievements, you can get to this page by clicking on Edit on the game page, and then scrolling down to 'Advanced' and clicking on 'Add/Edit Achievements'.

This is currently only open to the new 'Experts'. I'm not sure yet how we are going to go about adding Experts.

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 3,208
Guides: 134

52,310 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 01:27:11 AM »

Achievement adding/editing/deleting is working!

I added Roxas as Expert on this game: http://www.gameanyone.com/PS2/Final_Fantasy_XII.html
Maybe you can try it out?

This is currently only open to the new 'Experts'. I'm not sure yet how we are going to go about adding Experts.
I'll test it out right now actually.

Edit: Seems to work for now. Although in the case of Final Fantasy XII it'll be hard to determine what value it would be since Square Enix has done odd things in some of their HD ports in the past by making difficult bosses the equivalent of Bronze Trophies. I also want to touch up the sprite images a big in terms of background so it doesn't default to a white or black background. Would that be okay?

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Tech Admin
True Gamer

1,672,605 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 03:39:55 AM »

I also want to touch up the sprite images a big in terms of background so it doesn't default to a white or black background. Would that be okay?

I made some tweaks just now so that you should be able to upload an image with a transparent background (gif or png), and it will keep it as long as the image height is less than or equal to 64.

I'm not sure we should set these the trophy class for these if they aren't real trophies, that is unless the game actually says what trophy (bronze, silver, etc) they are.

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

52,310 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 04:50:04 AM »

I made some tweaks just now so that you should be able to upload an image with a transparent background (gif or png), and it will keep it as long as the image height is less than or equal to 64.

I'm not sure we should set these the trophy class for these if they aren't real trophies, that is unless the game actually says what trophy (bronze, silver, etc) they are.
I'll have to modify the size of some of the sprites, but that's easy for me to do. What is the image size you tend to use for the achievements? Is it 64x64, as that can help me make a template.

As for the trophy delegations, I ask because for the two I had added for a test, it instantly defaulted them to the status of a Bronze Trophy.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Tech Admin
True Gamer

1,672,605 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 06:00:53 AM »

I'll have to modify the size of some of the sprites, but that's easy for me to do. What is the image size you tend to use for the achievements? Is it 64x64, as that can help me make a template.
We display the icons at 40x40, but we store them up to 64x64, so that we can make them larger later if we want to. 64x64 is probably the size that you should use.

As for the trophy delegations, I ask because for the two I had added for a test, it instantly defaulted them to the status of a Bronze Trophy.
All achievements/trophies default to Bronze, but this isn't shown anywhere unless they are actually trophies (such as on PS3 and Vita games). I guess it would be better to default them to nothing, but that would require some reworking of our system..... 

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

52,310 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 07:02:15 AM »

We display the icons at 40x40, but we store them up to 64x64, so that we can make them larger later if we want to. 64x64 is probably the size that you should use.
All achievements/trophies default to Bronze, but this isn't shown anywhere unless they are actually trophies (such as on PS3 and Vita games). I guess it would be better to default them to nothing, but that would require some reworking of our system..... 

Okay then, I'll get to work on that soon. First I need to finish my research paper for my Asian Studies class and my essay for my English 584 class.

United States  abe
Expert

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

35,579 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2015, 09:17:21 PM »

Okay then, I'll get to work on that soon. First I need to finish my research paper for my Asian Studies class and my essay for my English 584 class.
how is it going so far?

Hello everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

52,310 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2015, 11:28:36 PM »

how is it going so far?
On the skill points or the class? Because if it's the class then I finished those last semester. 
As for the Skill Points for FF XII, just need to sit down and finish them up. In the middle of my finals for this semester though.

United States  abe
Expert

35,579 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2015, 05:56:09 PM »

On the skill points or the class? Because if it's the class then I finished those last semester. 
As for the Skill Points for FF XII, just need to sit down and finish them up. In the middle of my finals for this semester though.
skill points & I'm glad your doing so well on both!

United States  abe
Expert

35,579 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2015, 06:27:14 PM »

how are you coming along on the skill points roxas?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
 Print 

Jump to: