Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Assassins Creed II
"Show your Colors"

Wear the Auditore cape in each...

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: single video playlists  (Read 1902 times)
Thee Cpt. AwesomeSauce
Average Player

Videos: 462
Guides: 160

64,860 gold
Give Gold
The Dude Who Plays Games

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2014, 11:56:14 AM »

On occasion I've had a few games that I've recorded only has 1 video, and I know for a fact that some people play games all the way through in single video without splitting the footage in to parts. Would it be to hard to find away to upload these single video walkthroughs as a stand alone without having to make a playlist, especially on YouTube.
O

Kitty You're Not Helping!!!!!
Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,672,598 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 09:49:39 PM »

You can't just take the 10 seconds to make the playlist?

Sometimes people submit their playlists by using a single video as the playlist url - this will work if the playlist tag is in the url. The video needs to be on a playlist for this to work. This raises the possible issue of a user submitting a single video with a playlist tag, where the playlist is just a selection of multiple games, and the full walkthrough is in a single video. We wouldn't be able to easily tell if the user meant to submit the full playlist or the single video.

There are also cases where sometimes people submit a single video such as "game walkthrough part 1", and there is no playlist tag. This is often times because people don't know how to create a youtube playlist - and if we accepted this, then we would be stuck with only part 1 of their walkthrough.

There are also many other things that would need to be changed to support a video submission without a playlist. Currently, we grab all the data we need from the playlist feeds that YouTube provides us. We could do this from a single video feed, but it would require some reworking of our code.

It may seem like a simple feature to support, but it's much more difficult when you consider every possibility.

Director
Full Player

Videos: 3,321
Guides: 55

-844 gold
Give Gold
beep beep car

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 03:37:59 AM »

I personally think that simply making the playlist on YT is far easier; plus it takes less than a minute to do.  And if you don't like having that playlist, you can simply delete after it's been added to GA.

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: