Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Mirrors Edge
"Vrooom!"

Maintain sprint speed for 30...

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: Problems Recording NFS3H  (Read 6876 times)
Noob

Videos: 417
Guides: 53

3,841 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2014, 11:13:49 AM »

I just started my walkthrough on NFS 3 on my pc. Problem is, my pc is windows 7 64bit. So at first it couldn't run. Later I found a patch and got it to run. Now the problem is recording it. My Elgato and Fraps both didn't work well when recording it. How do you get fraps to adjust to changes in screen res and such. and how do you make sure that the program is recording? any advice would be nice.

-Joshtrip1
Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,664,936 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 12:41:26 PM »

Fraps doesn't work with every game. For these rare cases, I use Camtasia. You can adjust it for any portion of the screen, and it works with everything that I've tried.

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 2,596
Guides: 110

47,017 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 12:57:08 PM »

Fraps doesn't work with every game. For these rare cases, I use Camtasia. You can adjust it for any portion of the screen, and it works with everything that I've tried.
Open Broadcaster is also a good choice. It's free, constantly updated, and works better than XSplit a lot of the time. It also lets you choose regions or windows to capture. Cheesy

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,658
Guides: 46

37,884 gold
Give Gold
Barking up the wrong tree!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 01:33:44 PM »

Open Broadcaster is also a good choice. It's free, constantly updated, and works better than XSplit a lot of the time. It also lets you choose regions or windows to capture. Cheesy

OBS is not very useful for recording, especially if the resolution changes. Besides, you have to deal with the encoding overhead and the fact that your footage was already encoded once before. So you'll have quality issues.

Also, it may just be me...but Camtasia runs like *ass* on my computer. XD
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 01:43:51 PM by DukeVerde » Logged

To be a tree your bark has to be worse than your bite.

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 2,596
Guides: 110

47,017 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 02:14:51 PM »

OBS is not very useful for recording, especially if the resolution changes. Besides, you have to deal with the encoding overhead and the fact that your footage was already encoded once before. So you'll have quality issues.

Also, it may just be me...but Camtasia runs like *ass* on my computer. XD
Eh, works great for my DS Capture and my 3DS capture, so I've not really had any problem, and it record my GameCube and PS3 fine as well. Plus the files it creates seem to get along with my editor, as when I use the program normally whenever I try to render it tries to render the image at 14.985 FPS.

As for Camtasia, it's not just you. Runs like crap on my desktop as well.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Director
Full Player

Videos: 2,740
Guides: 49

781 gold
Give Gold
beep beep car

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 05:13:41 PM »

I recommend OBS as well.  I use it to record Dirt Track Racing and DTR: Sprint Cars with no issues and the quality looks good imo.

Noob

Videos: 417
Guides: 53

3,841 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 09:16:40 AM »

thanks I'll try that out

-Joshtrip1
Videos: 0
Guides: 0

5,508 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 03:24:35 AM »

My partner and i usually employ Fraps, while using the "use outer input" option with and collection for you to my own microphone.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
yAHYA nOORRR

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: