Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Bloodstained Curse of the...
"Emperor of Darkness"

Sacrifice every adventurer and...

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: EZCap 116 not working properly...  (Read 5829 times)
Spiral Dreamer
Master Noob

Videos: 1,821
Guides: 85

290,808 gold
Give Gold
Leave it to Uzume Tennonboushi!

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:16:08 PM »

Basically what is happening is this: The output from my Capture device (EZcap 116 Via VLC Media Player) looks like this:

The output to my TV is fine, So I can assume that everything is connected properly.  It's not a USB problem as I've tried different USB ports with the same problem happening, so I'm not too sure what's going on.

Anyone got any pointers?

EDIT: here are my PC specs incae it might be something to do with that...

Spoiler (hover to show)

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 2,747
Guides: 113

35,441 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 12:02:01 AM »

Are you running any background programs or processes while recording? That could cause problems. The other problem could be the EZcap in general. EZcaps are by far the cheapest and worst made capture cards on the market when compared to other ones. It's very possible that the EZcap just straight out died on you in all honesty.

You could try reinstalling the drivers, but if that doesn't work I suggest investing in a different capture card. Really nowadays I don't even recommend Dazzles as they really dropped in quality, especially since the original company that made them got bought out.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Spiral Dreamer
Master Noob

Videos: 1,821
Guides: 85

290,808 gold
Give Gold
Leave it to Uzume Tennonboushi!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 11:51:29 PM »

The only thing I dare to keep running is Avast. I close absolutely everything but that   However, I did a Driver reinstall and that seems to have worked.

I've also since managed to aquire a Hauppauge HDPVR... Though I have a different enquiry about that (that I'll put in it's own thread.)

Thanks for helping. Smiley

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 2,747
Guides: 113

35,441 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 02:04:40 AM »

If you have inquiries on the Hauppauge, I'd be more than glad to help as I've fiddled with both the HD PVR and the HD PVR 2, as well as all the recording software for it. You can PM me if you wish. 

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,014 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 05:51:21 AM »

That could cause problems. The other problem could be the EZcap in general. EZcaps are by far the cheapest and worst made capture cards on the market when compared to other ones. It's very possible that the EZcap just straight out died on you in all honesty. Huh?

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: