Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: Latest videos feature at homepage (suggestion) ?  (Read 2607 times)
Gaming Life..
Average Player

Videos: 2,358
Guides: 208

211,916 gold
Give Gold
youtube.com/dsr07mm

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2014, 08:20:52 AM »

Year or maybe even two ago we had on homepage place for 6/8 latest videos which are uploaded directly on gameanyone so I'm wondering is something like that possible to make again ? Asking because if someone decide to do game and upload it only on gameanyone, if game is already recorded (especially couple times already) there is no chance to get views beside what you get from subscription updates box.

Yes I know, there are promoted walkthroughs but again that could be optional as it is now. I dont see anything wrong with getting your 15-20 minutes on small icon at homepage and feeling good that doing exclusive walkthrough/video is actually appreciated.

Maybe I mentioned this sometimes during last year but not sure.

Just casual PS4 Trophy Hunter. Not doing videos anymore.

Website | Twitter | Live Stream
Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,672,614 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 07:42:39 PM »

I want to add a page where you can see all the latest videos. I think this would work better than just showing a few videos on the homepage. This is on my ever-growing to-do list. We have lots of things in development right now, and once they are all completed and released, then I can start production on this.

The reason you won't get many views for a game that has been recorded a few times already is because people have already seen it. Think of it as choosing a movie to watch - chances are you want to see something that you haven't already seen. Some games may be worth a couple viewings, but there is no way I am going to watch yet another Portal playthrough.

Full Noob

Videos: 576
Guides: 24

66,606 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 05:56:46 PM »

The reason you won't get many views for a game that has been recorded a few times already is because people have already seen it. Think of it as choosing a movie to watch - chances are you want to see something that you haven't already seen. Some games may be worth a couple viewings, but there is no way I am going to watch yet another Portal playthrough.

Allow me to disagree a bit.
For instance, I'm currently doing a let's play of a 2004 game, with 25 Guides already made. So, like you said, people will just think: "why should I bother watching a 2004 game I already played and watched again?" Waste of time right? Wrong.

I'm re-playing Half-Life 2 and making it be completely overhauled by adding some amazing mods, that bring the game to current-gen standards. It's so much improved, it's like a brand new game.

The thing is... It's still called Half-life 2, it was still made in 2004 and it's mixed up with all the other guides with 3 or 4 years old, etc.
Meaning... People will never notice it.

The "latest videos uploaded" idea, is actually good. Because you see someone playing a 2004 game now and you get curious (Why is this guy playing this game?), or you get nostalgic and you click the video to check it out and then you eventually get surprised by the improvements.

Without that little "nudge" on the exposure side of things, some guides are just lost and forgotten. 

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum!" - By Duke Nukem
LEVEL DOWN!
Master Player

Videos: 334
Guides: 44

17,524 gold
Give Gold
"Here's a touching story. The end."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 08:09:51 AM »

The latest videos section was the main source of my views... :S

Pages: [1]
 Print