Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: Tutorial: Watermarking Video's Sony Vegas  (Read 3162 times)
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,434
Guides: 50

16,002 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2013, 01:44:32 PM »

Okay it's been awhile since i did one of these as this is like what my second tutorial, anyway let's begin.

What we're doing today is called "Digital Watermarking", it is a kind of marker covertly embedded in a noise-tolerant signal such as audio or image data.
So to put it simply we're putting in this particular case "text in a video".

Onward to the Tutorial!

Now what we want to do is open Sony Vegas (I have Version 12.0) You should see this which is similar to previous version of Vegas.

What you should do next is import a video by clicking the icon next to the lightning bolt

Or the alternate detailed way is to click File-->Import-->Media...

Now find the folder your raw footage is in. My raw captures are in the My Videos folder.

Click the video you wish to import and this is what your window should look like now

Now just drag your video into the timeline below and it should now look like this

After you insert your video in the timeline move your mouse to the empty space below the video and audio tracks then Right-Click--->Insert Video Track

Now this is what the timeline should look like now we're almost done now

Now after you do all your editing,trimming,effects,etc... make sure you select your entire video indicated by the yellow markers above the timeline

Now Right-Click the empty video track then scroll down to Insert Text Media...

Now this window should pop up

All right now we have the video watermarked let's make it more appealing.Select a part in the video preferably gameplay segment's now you have many options to place it indicated by red squares which are Top Left, Top Center, Top Right, Right, Bottom Right, Bottom Center, Bottom Left, and Left.

So now let's lower the font to a reasonable size 24, and change the word Sample text to "GameAnyone.com"

Okay now in the video preview you can adjust the scale of the font and move it anywhere in the video so what i normally do is stick it in the bottom right of the video at a reasonable size that people can read it but small enough not to obstruct the gameplay

Now in the window you can change the font type to say the font of the game (Which you'd have to find on your own) I suggest google.

Since this raw video is Diablo 3 on the Ps3 I found a font similar to it.

So now we have it where we want it. So what do we do now? Well we can change the font color to something similar to the game and give it some shadow so it doesn't blend into the gameplay color's experiment with these to define your tastes.

Hey your not done yet close the window and check your work.

Now if you don't want it to be that solid say more transparent in your video scroll over the timeline and use your mouse to grab the teal bar in the center of the text media, this is the opacity bar it'll adjust how transparent you want it in the video

I set it back to 100% opacity and when your done with your watermark make sure you set your faders and check to see if your watermark is well adjusted to play throughout the entirety of the video and then success! render your video and check out the results of your now watermarked video

Here is the footage I used for this step by step tutorial to show the end result of this tutorial.

Go to video.

Congratulation's you've successfully learned how to watermark your video's for personal use or to aid you in promoting "GameAnyone.com".

If this tutorial helped at all or didn't either way I honestly don't mind, go ahead, criticize,praise, or if your have something to add that helps go ahead and comment, the point is trying to help someone who doesn't know how to watermark a video.

Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,664,938 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 04:31:32 PM »

Nice tutorial! This is almost exactly how I make my watermarks.

Aspie Retrogamer
Average Player

Videos: 2,819
Guides: 806

353,396 gold
Give Gold
HomuMado forever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 06:42:00 AM »

great tutorial, but y u still on win 7? win7 rots, win8.1 does not!

If it moves, kill it!

With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a magical girl, and if you are not a magical girl, you can't control the past. He who can't control the past cannot command the future, and he who is unable to command the future cannot conquer the past.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good ol' days. What were you in your former life?

Starter
Videos: 110
Guides: 4

10,627 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 06:41:39 PM »

I have Sony Vegas but I could never used it. Everytime I try to render...it just crashes.....or stops...or just spins waiting endlessly. Even with a short video I created, I still could not get to render. What is wrong with this product?Huh?

Noob

Videos: 593
Guides: 80

5,998 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 06:48:01 AM »

Nice tutorial, I am currently trying sony vegas and this kinda helps out! 
Noob

Videos: 562
Guides: 28

4,135 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 08:57:12 PM »

Thanks

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: