Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Bloodstained Curse of the...
"Emperor of Darkness"

Sacrifice every adventurer and...

Pages: 1 2 [3]
 Print 

Author Topic: Is using a headset mic bad for comentary?  (Read 14150 times)
Keep Smilin' Bums
Master Noob

Videos: 177
Guides: 14

3,287 gold
Give Gold
Gaming With EagleĀ©

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 04:08:56 AM »

As with stationary mics it depends on the quality, so no.

Keep On Keepin' It On
Semi-Noob

Videos: 75
Guides: 4

18,948 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 01:27:05 AM »

I've used four different mics for recording. I've used an internal mic on my computer, which worked alright, but had a lot of background noise that needed some annoying editing to make my voice sound clear. I've used for a couple videos a Turtle Beach headset (not sure which) and it worked nicely. Much better than internal and better than my next mic which was a Logitech c310 Webcam Microphone. Now I use a Blue Snowball Ice and it's great! Only time I've had bad bg noise is when the fridge in my dorm starts going crazy. Other than that it has great noise canceling.
Headset mics are a good sub if you can't afford a stationary mic, but remember that you get what you pay for.

Want FREE Video Game Soundtracks? Check out KHInsider, where they have over 6700 Game OSTs! No sign up required! Click below to visit KHInsider for all the video game music you could ever want!
CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT >>>KHDownloads<<< CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT
Noob

Videos: 16
Guides: 2

16,075 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 03:28:28 AM »

Depends on what kind of a headset you're using in all honesty. Obviously, USB and XLR mics (at least good ones) will run quite expensive, but they're worth it for the quality. However, if you're just starting out and you're trying to build a name for yourself a headset mic should be fine, as long as it is a decent headset (turtle beach, astro, tritan, ect...)

Pages: 1 2 [3]
 Print 

Jump to: