Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Metal Gear Solid V The...
"Legend"

Obtain all trophies.

Poll
Question: What Devices Would You Go for?
Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition High Definition Game Capture Device - 2 (66.7%)
Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR High Definition Personal Video Recorder - 0 (0%)
Roxio Game Capture HD Pro - 0 (0%)
Elgato Game Capture HD - 1 (33.3%)
Others(Thats Better for You) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: 1 2 [3]
 Print 

Author Topic: What Devices Would You Go for?  (Read 11339 times)
Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,658
Guides: 46

37,884 gold
Give Gold
Barking up the wrong tree!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 12:00:56 AM »

Downsides, the videos are not processed while recording, and only after you hit the record button again to stop the recording will it start processing to make the file. This is also bad because you must keep your USB cable plugged in while it's processing otherwise things might screw up and you can lose the footage.

Or if your power goes out. <_< Three times in 40 minutes. I'm not quite sure how you would unplug the cable, though, unless you have wild children in your house.

To be a tree your bark has to be worse than your bite.

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 2,906
Guides: 121

46,892 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 12:05:51 AM »

Or if your power goes out. <_< Three times in 40 minutes. I'm not quite sure how you would unplug the cable, though, unless you have wild children in your house.
That's terrible. As for the cable, if it's in a place that people might go over they could trip over it and it'll fall out of your USB port. But yeah that sucks. I've actually had issues with the audio dysyncing and me being unable to fix it because it resyncs at certain points and then dysyncs again. Turns out though that it was my computer so I just switched computers and it's just fine now.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Noob

Videos: 16
Guides: 2

16,075 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 03:16:16 AM »

Personally, I would (and have) choose the Elgado, I've had a hauppage before and I just find the Elgado much more user friendly and is just in general the better piece of equipment. Hope this helps!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
 Print 

Jump to: