Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Bloodstained Curse of the...
"Emperor of Darkness"

Sacrifice every adventurer and...

Poll
Question: What Devices Would You Go for?
Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition High Definition Game Capture Device - 2 (66.7%)
Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR High Definition Personal Video Recorder - 0 (0%)
Roxio Game Capture HD Pro - 0 (0%)
Elgato Game Capture HD - 1 (33.3%)
Others(Thats Better for You) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: 1 [2] 3
 Print 

Author Topic: What Devices Would You Go for?  (Read 10785 times)
Gaming Life..
Average Player

Videos: 2,355
Guides: 208

186,916 gold
Give Gold
youtube.com/dsr07mm

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 07:19:48 PM »

There is no audio desync with Fraps, because Fraps records it without sending it over a line.

Thats true. So If'm recording with Hauppage HD PVR 2 in h264 with loseless format and then that file I import in Premiere and render with my settings that shouldnt be any different then my current completed file, in any term.

Just casual PS4 Trophy Hunter. Not doing videos anymore.

Website | Twitter | Live Stream
Noob

Videos: 66
Guides: 2

16,196 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 09:18:54 PM »

Don't go for the Roxio unless you already have a good video editor because the one that it comes with(VideoWave) is pretty bad, at least from what I've used of it.  It crashes all the time, not really too many choices for actual editing, although you can record wii with it so that's a plus I guess.
Master Noob

Videos: 659
Guides: 34

13,321 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 09:23:08 PM »

I can tell you from experience that the Roxio Capture HD is terrible, at least for me. I would go with Elgato. Or if you just want to record gameplay nicely I loved the standard version of the Roxio capture card, not the HD version.

Xbox Live: Xandy92  |  PSN: Xandy92  |  Steam: Xandy92
Aspie Retrogamer
Average Player

Videos: 2,819
Guides: 806

353,396 gold
Give Gold
HomuMado forever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 01:42:35 PM »

Me, not interested in those, unless the system I'm using is low spec or I'm playing on the real console (which I don't). Stock up multiple high-spec video cards, an SSD or two, as much RAM as possible, and let FRAPS do the rest.

And with emulators, just use their built-in AVI recorders. No need to worry here as native resolution is low

If it moves, kill it!

With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a magical girl, and if you are not a magical girl, you can't control the past. He who can't control the past cannot command the future, and he who is unable to command the future cannot conquer the past.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good ol' days. What were you in your former life?

Gaming Life..
Average Player

186,916 gold
Give Gold
youtube.com/dsr07mm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 04:19:16 PM »

Me, not interested in those, unless the system I'm using is low spec or I'm playing on the real console (which I don't). Stock up multiple high-spec video cards, an SSD or two, as much RAM as possible, and let FRAPS do the rest.

And with emulators, just use their built-in AVI recorders. No need to worry here as native resolution is low

That's ok but not for everyone. It's much more cheaper to buy capture card and enjoy in game instead buying hardware which is more then enough for playing game only because of recording.

Gaming Life..
Average Player

186,916 gold
Give Gold
youtube.com/dsr07mm

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 11:20:45 AM »

Can actually someone confirm me how much Elgato use (cpu and memory usage and task manager) while recording ?
I have only 5 days more to decide and I'm really confused. From what i've found most gamers on yt are using Elgato but I'm concerned about FPS drops. I guess it's better then Fraps in any case ?

Master Noob

Videos: 921
Guides: 88

159,741 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 01:49:24 PM »

Take it with grain of salt (based on the LGHD and LGP). Using the hardware encoder for local recordings, it should be about 10% max (because of the USB), 5% max on PCI-E. But in any way, you can't compare software encoder (dxtory, fraps) that redirects the frame draw through it's recording engine (and gives problems) and a capture card that runs in it's own little world. And for PC recording, you shouldn't use the pass-through (on USB devices), it's awful.
Master Noob

Videos: 921
Guides: 88

159,741 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 09:40:50 AM »

Ummm, the elgato site says "With advanced hardware H.264 encoding, you can capture in stunning HD quality, while keeping the file size low.", but when I watched a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKciQb7WUkU) it said it doesn't have hardware encoder. If it really doesn't, then it's not really worth for PC recording.
Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,055 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 05:21:50 PM »

I havethe Elgato and its a good recorder for HD, probably the best. The problem is, its ONLY for HD systems because it uses HDMI cables. That means only 360, PS3, and Wii U. anything else, I would go for the Roxio

DethMagnetik I absolutely agree with you , Elgato is awesome .

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 2,749
Guides: 113

35,441 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 06:03:20 PM »

DethMagnetik I absolutely agree with you , Elgato is awesome .
To clarify a little, the Elgato can record SD games just fine, you just need the adapter they sell on their site for $10. It works all the way down to the Atari 2600, although I've only tested it to the NES and it worked perfectly.

OT: Well...I've switched sides and I love my Elgato Game Capture HD more than my HD PVR 2. The Elgato is just so much better at recording, although the bitrates are a bit out there, seeing as the lowest quality for component is 7 Mbps and I used to record with my HD PVR 2 at 8 Mbps, and that was almost maxed out. If you were looking for another one, then the Elgato HD is definitely better than the HD PVR 2 now I'd say. It's about the size of an external HDD, doesn't require a power supply, and works with more systems.

Downsides, the videos are not processed while recording, and only after you hit the record button again to stop the recording will it start processing to make the file. This is also bad because you must keep your USB cable plugged in while it's processing otherwise things might screw up and you can lose the footage.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
 Print 

Jump to: