Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Bloodstained Curse of the...
"Fallen Moon's Requiem"

Finish Nightmare Mode.

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Author Topic: Football/Soccer  (Read 7323 times)
Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,130 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2013, 10:28:43 PM »

Does Anyone Watch?
If So Who's Your Fav Team And Why

Mine Are Celtic FC From The SPL And Newcastle Utd From The BPL

Just Beasting and Feasting Wink
PS4 & PC
Master Player

Videos: 1
Guides: 1

3,677 gold
Give Gold
boi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 05:55:47 AM »

Definitely soccer. Seattle Sounders is my favorite team since they are hometown, I guess Embarrassed
Perfectionist
Full Player

Videos: 14

13,332 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 08:35:46 PM »

I love football, my team is Chelsea (not because they won the CL, I was a fan long before that).
Noob

15,130 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 10:07:43 PM »

Ah They had to take our best ST Sad they have to much money for their own good Cheesy

Just Beasting and Feasting Wink
Master Noob

36,712 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 02:04:36 AM »

I've always preferred football.

PS4 & PC
Master Player

3,677 gold
Give Gold
boi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 01:28:07 AM »

Reasons that I think football is better than soccer (I've changed my mind Tongue ) :

1: In football you run and rip someone to the ground and then do a happy dance. In soccer you run and slide and hit someone in the shin guard? And then help them up?
2: In football you use brute strength to throw a ball 85-yards for six points. In soccer you use your whole body strength to kick a ball 85 yards for a slight chance at one point.
3: In football when you score you run around and head-but each other and chest bump each other, because its awesome. In soccer when you score a point you high five each other and only head-but when your angry.
4: Football is the No.1 contact sport, soccer is No. 2.
5: More people watch football in America then soccer and that's, because we suck at soccer and are amazing at football.

So there we go, my opinions Embarrassed

Perfectionist
Full Player

13,332 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 07:58:32 AM »

Reasons that I think football is better than soccer (I've changed my mind Tongue ) :

1: In football you run and rip someone to the ground and then do a happy dance. In soccer you run and slide and hit someone in the shin guard? And then help them up?
2: In football you use brute strength to throw a ball 85-yards for six points. In soccer you use your whole body strength to kick a ball 85 yards for a slight chance at one point.
3: In football when you score you run around and head-but each other and chest bump each other, because its awesome. In soccer when you score a point you high five each other and only head-but when your angry.
4: Football is the No.1 contact sport, soccer is No. 2.
5: More people watch football in America then soccer and that's, because we suck at soccer and are amazing at football.

So there we go, my opinions Embarrassed

Now because I'm a European I have to oppose those points:

1. Correction: Hitting someone in the "shin guard" is against the rules and is considered dangerous. "Soccer" as you call it, is a sport that doesn't promote injury like your "football", which is the case for a lot of European sports.
2. Have you ever thought about the fact that it is harder to kick the ball accurately than to throw it. Plus it all depends on the kicker.
3. First of all we never headbutt each other when we're angry, you're thinking that because of the Zinedine Zidane accident. Celebrations in "soccer" are a lot more extravagant than in "football"
4. "Soccer" is No. 1 most popular sport across the globe...
5. For "soccer" you don't need to buy gear to play, all you need is a ball. It's inexpensive and that's why it's so popular, because you don't need to be rich to play it.

And these are my opinions. And btw it's called Football not "soccer". I'll also add this, because I feel like it Smiley:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:10:07 AM by Nwolf8 » Logged
PS4 & PC
Master Player

3,677 gold
Give Gold
boi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 07:15:55 PM »

Now because I'm a European I have to oppose those points:

1. Correction: Hitting someone in the "shin guard" is against the rules and is considered dangerous. "Soccer" as you call it, is a sport that doesn't promote injury like your "football", which is the case for a lot of European sports.
2. Have you ever thought about the fact that it is harder to kick the ball accurately than to throw it. Plus it all depends on the kicker.
3. First of all we never headbutt each other when we're angry, you're thinking that because of the Zinedine Zidane accident. Celebrations in "soccer" are a lot more extravagant than in "football"
4. "Soccer" is No. 1 most popular sport across the globe...
5. For "soccer" you don't need to buy gear to play, all you need is a ball. It's inexpensive and that's why it's so popular, because you don't need to be rich to play it.

And these are my opinions. And btw it's called Football not "soccer". I'll also add this, because I feel like it Smiley:

Haha, I quite agree with you. I don't know what was with me yesterday, but I felt like going on "mini-rants" all day Embarrassed
Perfectionist
Full Player

13,332 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 06:41:57 PM »

Has anyone been watching the pre-season so far?
Abyssal Wolf Warrior
Full Noob

9,054 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 03:54:43 AM »

Soccer played it till I was 13 or 14 over here in the States while watching Man City and Man U along with Barcelona and Chelsea also props to MrNormalGuy that's my favorite team in MLS!  Grin

Just a lone wolf hunting down some rebels and food what about you? Friend or foe? Hunter or hunted? Be careful for this wolf will have your flesh as a feast should you betray me...

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Jump to: