Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 2 [3]
 Print 

Author Topic: Pc recorders  (Read 11003 times)
Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,014 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 11:53:26 PM »

FRAPs probably is best, but if you are having issues with it I would recommend DxTory.
Noob

Videos: 16
Guides: 2

16,075 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 03:25:07 AM »

Try Camtasia, I've used Fraps before and it was alright. But, Camtasia is super easy to use and is very customizable, it's very user friendly and it gives you a fairly good editor as well. It covers anything you could need pretty well. Hope this helped!
Blaze Rhodon
Noob

Videos: 2,019
Guides: 147

110,318 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2015, 09:56:38 PM »

Yes, Fraps is probably the best software for recording but sometimes Fraps does not work in some games. I found very good program for recording and it is freeware, it is BlueBerry Flashback Express. It is ideal to record software rendering games for example in DosBox emulator (Fraps works poor in DosBox).

Those who talk don't know, those who know don't talk.
Full Noob

Videos: 286
Guides: 23

28,503 gold
Give Gold
Get laid and die hard!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 07:24:40 PM »

Another good free is Msi Afterburner. It's a clocking system, but you can also record videos with it as long as you want. It requires less than Fraps I think, and you can choose the resolution it will record, the quality, how much fps, video format, and stuff like that. It's a very simple program. I use it to make videos.

Just my opinion, but it works better than Frap :p
Fraps only records videos like three minutes, and they're huge.

Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,658
Guides: 46

37,884 gold
Give Gold
Barking up the wrong tree!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 11:18:03 PM »

Fraps only records videos like three minutes, and they're huge.

The same goes for any minimally/none compressed video. Even an uncompressed YUV 4:2:0 1080/60 file is pretty darn big. Tongue Codec choice matters, which is why Afterburner is a decent choice... for those not willing to pay for Dxtory.

To be a tree your bark has to be worse than your bite.

Canada  RZX
Canadian Nutjob
Semi-Noob

Videos: 402
Guides: 24

12,871 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2015, 01:11:02 PM »

Personally, I've been going with the Local Record feature on Open Broadcaster Software (OBS). You have control over the bitrate and resolution you can set for your recordings, and I've never really experienced any sort of slowdown whilst recording with it. Quality is fantastic and you can even record your voice with it, which helps whenever I'm doing PC games since it can properly sync my voice up to what's happening. My computer ain't all too great at the moment specs wise, but it definitely has been my saviour recording software.

OH, and you can also record with OBS even when your streaming at the same time with it. BIG plus for me since as of late I'm trying to transition into streaming my LPs for people to watch live.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
 Print 

Jump to: