Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 [2] 3
 Print 

Author Topic: Pc recorders  (Read 11004 times)
Keep Smilin' Bums
Master Noob

Videos: 177
Guides: 14

3,287 gold
Give Gold
Gaming With Eagle©

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 05:32:31 AM »

From what I can tell they've hit the nail on the head bud, Fraps is about as good as it gets for PC gaming but I'd make sure you set the FPS and Recording settings correctly before using it, make sure you know what you're recording at before you start. I've never personally had a problem with Fraps lagging on anything I've played but I have mine set just the way I need it to record.

My hand-writing looks like shit so I like this signature better
Noob
Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,141 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 05:53:13 AM »

I use MSI Afterburner, causes no lag, just like Dxtory, the video looks great and you don't need that good of an HDD to record with it.

I've done a "quality test" of sorts and uploaded it to YouTube, so if you want to see the quality of the rendered (program set to record at 100 frames, most of recording happened in 50 - 60 frames, but setting it higher eliminates lag, render settings are .wmv, 720p, 30 fps) and uploaded video you can take a look:

Oooh, that thing has numbers on it!
Noob

Videos: 1
Guides: 1

15,178 gold
Give Gold
That was God, I was quoting god.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 12:25:18 AM »

Bandicam is pretty great.
Gaming Life..
Average Player

Videos: 2,355
Guides: 208

186,916 gold
Give Gold
youtube.com/dsr07mm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 05:50:55 PM »

I was 100% for Fraps until I didnt got new gpu and I started to experiance some weird issues. I tried and testet Dxtory and actually I got huge improvement even with native resolution without having ssd or anything else then regular sata2 hdd. Anyways I'm thinking about capture card just need to think which one.

Just casual PS4 Trophy Hunter. Not doing videos anymore.

Website | Twitter | Live Stream
I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 2,840
Guides: 119

43,054 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 06:01:41 PM »

I was 100% for Fraps until I didnt got new gpu and I started to experiance some weird issues. I tried and testet Dxtory and actually I got huge improvement even with native resolution without having ssd or anything else then regular sata2 hdd. Anyways I'm thinking about capture card just need to think which one.
The HD ones that support HDMI are the HD PVR 2, and the newer model that supports surround sound, the Elgato, the Roxio HD Game Capture Pro, and the AverMedia one. Really I've heard good things about the Aver one, but I can't personally recommend it because it's still new and no one I know has used one. Elgato's are usually the best, and I've had good experiences with the HD PVR 2.

OT: Mainly Fraps is what I use because it's nice and cheap, only problem is that the size of the files can get outrageous.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,658
Guides: 46

37,884 gold
Give Gold
Barking up the wrong tree!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 06:30:47 PM »

OT: Mainly Fraps is what I use because it's nice and cheap, only problem is that the size of the files can get outrageous.

Mostly due to not being real compressed, similar to the native DXtory codec. Of course, Fraps can do things DXtory can't, and vice versa... MSI Afterburner is a cheaper way for most people, but it works poorly with older games.

To be a tree your bark has to be worse than your bite.

I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 2,840
Guides: 119

43,054 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 08:27:51 PM »

Mostly due to not being real compressed, similar to the native DXtory codec. Of course, Fraps can do things DXtory can't, and vice versa... MSI Afterburner is a cheaper way for most people, but it works poorly with older games.
Only problem I have with Fraps is the occasional slow down it has, but that's it really. For me I have a problem with older games running on my PC anyway since it's a 64-bit one, but that's why I have DosBox.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Full Noob

Videos: 491
Guides: 29

146,734 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 09:50:59 AM »

I recommended you to use fraps,dxtory,and Mirillis Action.
Aspie Retrogamer
Average Player

Videos: 2,816
Guides: 805

351,846 gold
Give Gold
HomuMado forever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 07:11:43 AM »

I personally used Fraps as my main recorder since 2008. The only three problems it has it that in can be laggy (On a Pentium IV with 128 MB ram, less on an Athlon 64 X2 with 2GB RAM), the files produced are terribly huge (>1GB for a few minutes worth of recording, moreso of the resolution is high) and that not all games can be recorded (FRAPS doesn't work on some MAME builds, and crashes Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 after a few minutes). I tried DxTory, but it doesn't work that well, and has a nasty watermark, while Bandicam... crap. The closest to success that I had was with Camtasia's recorded. I also tried Vokoscreen once... heavy audio video desync after a few minutes.

If it moves, kill it!

With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a magical girl, and if you are not a magical girl, you can't control the past. He who can't control the past cannot command the future, and he who is unable to command the future cannot conquer the past.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good ol' days. What were you in your former life?

Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,658
Guides: 46

37,884 gold
Give Gold
Barking up the wrong tree!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 01:08:47 PM »

I personally used Fraps as my main recorder since 2008. The only three problems it has it that in can be laggy (On a Pentium IV with 128 MB ram, less on an Athlon 64 X2 with 2GB RAM), the files produced are terribly huge (>1GB for a few minutes worth of recording, moreso of the resolution is high) and that not all games can be recorded (FRAPS doesn't work on some MAME builds, and crashes Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 after a few minutes). I tried DxTory, but it doesn't work that well, and has a nasty watermark, while Bandicam... crap. The closest to success that I had was with Camtasia's recorded. I also tried Vokoscreen once... heavy audio video desync after a few minutes.

You only get Watermarks with trial versions. Tongue But to each his own, I suppose.

To be a tree your bark has to be worse than your bite.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
 Print 

Jump to: