Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Author Topic: Anyone listen to punk?  (Read 5069 times)
LEVEL DOWN!
Master Player

Videos: 334
Guides: 44

17,524 gold
Give Gold
"Here's a touching story. The end."

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »

Anyone here listen to punk or even sort-of-punk? I haven't heard people listening to punk in a long long time!

Anyways, if you haven't listened to punk you should try The Clash (classic), The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion and One Armed Scissor. Those are pretty good.

Director
Master Player

Videos: 4,387
Guides: 242

16,367 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 05:37:27 AM »

It's primarily what I listen to. Orgcore, hardcore, pop and ska are my favorites. Anything by Chris McCaughan, Tomas Kalnoky, Matt Skiba, Neil Hennessy, Rob Lynch and every band on Plan-It-X Records. Most anything (some I don't like) by Jeff Rosenstock, Ezra and Stza, Fat Mike, Roger Manganelli, David McWane. I prefer The Dead Kennedys and Minor Threat for classic Punk. Only like a few Clash songs. Rudie Can't Fail, Train in Vain and Spanish Bombs I believe.

e: I saw you're from Finland. I tried to think of a Finland punk band I like but could only come up with Millencolin :/. They're Swedish though so that's super close!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:56:31 AM by xXKurantXx » Logged
LEVEL DOWN!
Master Player

17,524 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 06:54:32 AM »

e: I saw you're from Finland. I tried to think of a Finland punk band I like but could only come up with Millencolin :/. They're Swedish though so that's super close!

Personally I think that Finnish bands are kind of dull. There are few pretty good bands but I think they don't do music anymore.

In the 80's and 90's Finland were full of punk bands. I can't even remember all of the bands! Mine favourite was the Eppu Normaali, which I personally think wasn't punk, which is really famous band in Finland.

Reaction GIF enthusiest.
Expert Noob

Videos: 27
Guides: 3

15,445 gold
Give Gold
That guy who plays skateboarding games

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 01:46:28 AM »

I play a lot of Tony Hawk games, so yeah I like punk XD

Full Noob
Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,450 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 07:45:08 AM »

when I see this post,I tried listening to punk
It's amazing

sles/pvcc_GA
LEVEL DOWN!
Master Player

17,524 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 02:17:57 PM »

when I see this post,I tried listening to punk
It's amazing

Hopefully you didn't listen to Green Day. That ain't real punk.

No offense if somebody here likes that band.

PS4 & PC
Master Player

Videos: 1
Guides: 1

3,677 gold
Give Gold
boi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 02:05:57 AM »

I love punk music! I actually have a top 10 list here Tongue :

10: Ramones
They started out in 1975 in the New York City Underground scene. They played catchy fast punk rock music, they were in a way founders of the punk rock music. Their first album inspired thousands of rock bands across America.
9: Sex Pistols: There impact on the genre was immense, loved or hated for their music they were. They were formed in 1972 as ‘The Strand’ changing their name later to Sex Pistols in 1975, they were the first Punk band of UK.
8: The Clash: Formed in 1976 comprising of Mick Jones, Paul Simonon and Joe Strummer. Their first successful album came out in 1979, ‘London Calling’ which changed the scene of Punk Rock.
7: Dead Kennedys
 Formed in 1978 in San Fransisco, CA. They brought some revolutionary changes in punk rock too.
6: Anti-Flag
Formed in Pittsburg, with the original members being Jutine Sane, Andy Falg and Pat Thetic. Their songs were political. They have been a source of inspiration for any punk bands the world over.
5: Bad Religion
 One of the most popular bands in the 80s. They started a craze in California for punk rock. Their songs were based mostly on religion and politics that could get the youth to change the way they look at things and think outside the box.
4: Black Flag
They are credited with starting the underground movement in the United States, dealing with heavy metal and even jazz. They are one of the best hardcore bands in the genre.
3: Minor Threat
One of the most popular bands in the history of punk rock, there songs inspiring an entire generation. They left a mark in the rock band genre.
2: Rancid
Influences for the new wave in punk music in the mid 90s. Rancid was born from the ashes of ‘Operation Ivy’.
1: Bad Brains
Very popular in the 70s. Their songs were influenced by religious issues and not so debatable issues like accident in a block. They have put out some good hardcore rock albums.

And as time has passed by, faster and more energetic styles such as hardcore and Oi have become a genre of punk rock. Musicians started to experiment more, some say it all started with old UK bands but today modern bands are keeping the legacy alive. But I still listen to the "old" bands Tongue
Full Noob
Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,450 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 12:42:06 PM »

I never heard of Green Day, I used the Google search the band, the lead singer draw eyeline?
It seems that a lot people like them.

sles/pvcc_GA
LEVEL DOWN!
Master Player

17,524 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 06:01:33 PM »

I never heard of Green Day, I used the Google search the band, the lead singer draw eyeline?
It seems that a lot people like them.

Well, it's too popular, mainstream, if you ask me. It's kinda boring and is not really close to punk. It's more of a rock that contains stuff from punk.

PS4 & PC
Master Player

Videos: 1
Guides: 1

3,677 gold
Give Gold
boi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 07:06:05 PM »

Well, it's too popular, mainstream, if you ask me. It's kinda boring and is not really close to punk. It's more of a rock that contains stuff from punk.

In my own opinion, I like SOME Green Day songs, such as Boulevard of Broken Dreams, etc. I don't listen to them a lot though.

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Jump to: