Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Bloodstained Curse of the...
"Emperor of Darkness"

Sacrifice every adventurer and...

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: How's my watermark and need help on how to be a director  (Read 6267 times)
Aspie Retrogamer
Average Player

Videos: 2,819
Guides: 806

353,396 gold
Give Gold
HomuMado forever!!!

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2012, 03:15:37 PM »

Early on, I didn't feel like having to put a watermark as I worried that it might disrupt my videos. Today however, I want to be a director so I ended up having to make a watermark that would stand out. How do you think of this? Transparency: r0 g162 b232.
As seen on

* watermark3.png (4.21 KB, 152x51 - viewed 840 times.)

If it moves, kill it!

With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a magical girl, and if you are not a magical girl, you can't control the past. He who can't control the past cannot command the future, and he who is unable to command the future cannot conquer the past.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good ol' days. What were you in your former life?

Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,434
Guides: 50

16,002 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 04:10:39 PM »

Well the watermark is kinda unreadable to start, but don't worry trial and error will fix that.

To start the watermark doesn't really need to be fancy, its encouraged (what you did) but simply using the game font to make it feel like it's part of the game is a good direction to go.

Also knowing what software your using to render your video's help like if your using sony vegas or camtasia as those programs (I cant say for camtasia) have a way to put the text in better

If your shooting for director another tip is to render video's in HD just 720p will do, I know for older games there's really no point but it really shows and helps.

you can check anyone's video you'll see what I mean, if you commentate you can simply audiomark your video by stating "Brought to you by Gameanyone.com"

Like "Hey everybody welcome to my let's play of (Insert game here), this game is Brought to you by Gameanyone.com" as an example.

Director
Master Player

Videos: 1,618
Guides: 122

285,685 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:25:30 PM »

The watermark just needs to be readable and it just needs to look okay you dont have to do fancy stuff with it. You can also just do an audiomark.

Director
Master Player

Videos: 4,387
Guides: 242

16,367 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 02:11:48 AM »

Really bad, to be honest. It's great to pretty it up, but start with what you can do and then tinker with it on your free time. For example, I've messed around with animated watermarks, but I can't get 'em down enough to where I'd feel comfortable putting them in my videos.
Foolishness...
Master Noob

Videos: 1
Guides: 0

37,614 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 11:05:03 PM »

The thing is, it looks so pixelated it's unreadable. Try not to do anything fancy since there's nothing wrong with being simple.

"The beings who possess these souls have outlived their their usefulness, or chosen the path of the wicked. Let there be no guilt - let there be no vacillation."
Noob
Videos: 2,784
Guides: 195

20,062 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 09:28:53 PM »

^ It's nice; as he said, but don't make it fancy. I added a simple watermark to my videos.
Starter
Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,010 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 07:53:27 AM »

Very honored to have read it, I feel happy.
This got me intrigued so good inside.
Director
Full Player

Videos: 2,982
Guides: 54

5,389 gold
Give Gold
beep beep car

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 12:44:06 PM »

I'd go with a font that isn't Unown.  As much as I like Unown text, it's very hard to read in most situations.

Aspie Retrogamer
Average Player

Videos: 2,819
Guides: 806

353,396 gold
Give Gold
HomuMado forever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 04:12:18 AM »

Switched to ArcadeClassic font a year ago, settled for a letterbox on the top. Stopped using the Unown font

* logo.png (0.44 KB, 142x20 - viewed 429 times.)

If it moves, kill it!

With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a magical girl, and if you are not a magical girl, you can't control the past. He who can't control the past cannot command the future, and he who is unable to command the future cannot conquer the past.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good ol' days. What were you in your former life?

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: