Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Author Topic: How to speed up the proces of uploading  (Read 7037 times)
Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,020 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »

Hey,

i'm new to this site and youtube!
And im also new to recording gaming stuff.
I've recorded an video of an game on my pc.. But the upload takes a long time is there any way i can speed up the proces?

Thanks for all the help!
Perfectionist
Full Player

Videos: 14
Guides: 1

13,332 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 02:39:04 PM »

The only way to speed up the process, is to upgrade your internet. Sorry there is no other way, as far as I know.
Foolishness...
Master Noob

Videos: 1

37,614 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »

Upgrade you internet or lower your bit rate for smaller file sizes. Other than that, there's nothing you can do about it.

"The beings who possess these souls have outlived their their usefulness, or chosen the path of the wicked. Let there be no guilt - let there be no vacillation."
Aspie Retrogamer
Average Player

Videos: 2,819
Guides: 806

353,396 gold
Give Gold
HomuMado forever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 06:41:22 AM »

Just be patient. I remember having a 400Mb or-so sized avi produced several times, and it takes a really long time (as in I have to keep the computer on overnight). Considering that in my case I come from the Philippines and the internet there (under Bayan communications) is so slow (as in 0.65 Mb/s and 65% of the world's PC have a faster connection) it will take less time for your case if the file size is the same

If it moves, kill it!

With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a magical girl, and if you are not a magical girl, you can't control the past. He who can't control the past cannot command the future, and he who is unable to command the future cannot conquer the past.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good ol' days. What were you in your former life?

Starter
Videos: 0

15,016 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 02:48:26 PM »

I also faced this problem and i am trying to find out this problem.
PS4 & PC
Master Player

3,677 gold
Give Gold
boi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 04:39:30 PM »

I also faced this problem and i am trying to find out this problem.

It's not exactly a problem. It's just an issue with you're internet speed on uploading videos themselves. Or, if you're talking about rendering, there is nothing you can do other than too upgrade your computer. I can render a 1 GB file in about 10 seconds, and get it down to 18 MB. After that, it only takes about 5 seconds to upload it either here or YT.
Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,658
Guides: 46

37,884 gold
Give Gold
Barking up the wrong tree!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 05:24:27 PM »

It's not exactly a problem. It's just an issue with you're internet speed on uploading videos themselves. Or, if you're talking about rendering, there is nothing you can do other than too upgrade your computer. I can render a 1 GB file in about 10 seconds, and get it down to 18 MB. After that, it only takes about 5 seconds to upload it either here or YT.

18 MB? O_o Must be something from the early 80s at 300x200... Otherwise I can't see how you can get quality that low.

To be a tree your bark has to be worse than your bite.

PS4 & PC
Master Player

3,677 gold
Give Gold
boi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 05:57:47 PM »

18 MB? O_o Must be something from the early 80s at 300x200... Otherwise I can't see how you can get quality that low.

I usually record emulator games.
Thee Cpt. AwesomeSauce
Average Player

Videos: 628
Guides: 215

151,848 gold
Give Gold
The Dude Who Plays Games

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 12:39:06 PM »

I too, have slow and crappy internet. IP providers where I live either like to hike prices on you whenever the hell they want, or are up to snuff, especially with all uploading and downloading people do. And that with a house full of people all running on the internet a the same time (3 Computers, 2 Netbooks, 2 Tablets, 3 360, and 2 3DS) All that tech really slows me down, and it usually takes me 30-45 minutes to upload a video, depends on size. Or, at least it did. I recently found, and got hold of a program called Handbrake, it's a free program, that actually compresses the video file size, without much loss of quality. So a video that used to take me 30 minutes to upload, now takes about 8. It's not hyper fast, but it's still better than waiting a half-hour. It could definitely help you out, and is worth a long at, IMO.

Kitty You're Not Helping!!!!!
Glorified Tree
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,658
Guides: 46

37,884 gold
Give Gold
Barking up the wrong tree!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 12:54:27 PM »

I too, have slow and crappy internet. IP providers where I live either like to hike prices on you whenever the hell they want, or are up to snuff, especially with all uploading and downloading people do. And that with a house full of people all running on the internet a the same time (3 Computers, 2 Netbooks, 2 Tablets, 3 360, and 2 3DS) All that tech really slows me down, and it usually takes me 30-45 minutes to upload a video, depends on size. Or, at least it did. I recently found, and got hold of a program called Handbrake, it's a free program, that actually compresses the video file size, without much loss of quality. So a video that used to take me 30 minutes to upload, now takes about 8. It's not hyper fast, but it's still better than waiting a half-hour. It could definitely help you out, and is worth a long at, IMO.

Handbrake is only useful if you don't have a seperate commentary track. Tongue

To be a tree your bark has to be worse than your bite.

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Jump to: