Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XII The...
"Master Thief"

Successfully stole 50 times.

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Author Topic: Come here if you like classical music!  (Read 3475 times)
Master Noob

Videos: 3,523
Guides: 87

19,188 gold
Give Gold
hi! :)

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2012, 08:45:37 PM »

The place where classic music fanlovers hang out. Sadly, I am the only "civilized" person here on GameAnyone who actually likes Classical Music. That's sad. The  objection here is to bring at lease 4 other classical music fanlovers to the place to hang out and talk about your favorite composers/musicians. But there are exceptions: COME HERE ALSO IF YOU LIKE INSTRUMENTAL, SMOTH JAZZ, JAZZ, AND/OR EASY LISTENING! This sould be the ultimate place for these music lovers to hang out.

Long post, isn't it?

"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this." - Old Man, The Legend of Zelda, Nintendo Entertainment System, 1987.
I play games and so do you!
Master Player

Videos: 3,886
Guides: 208

98,218 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 04:20:35 AM »

I love classical music! It is great to listen to when studying or just late at night when you are trying to relax.  I also like instrumental rock though. Some people may not call it easy listening but I view it that way.

Explosions in the Sky -> Your Hand in Mine

Expert Noob

Videos: 118
Guides: 7

22,778 gold
Give Gold
Peace is an illusion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 06:31:24 PM »

Classical music, I like it from time to times not always. Most of the time I listen to Soundtrakcs of Games or movies composed by Jesper Kyd, Hans Zimmerman or Ramin Djawadi. Not really that classical but it is a way to relax while listening to these composers.

Through war we unite, In peace we divide.
Master Noob

Videos: 3,523
Guides: 87

19,188 gold
Give Gold
hi! :)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 04:02:56 PM »

Classical music, I like it from time to times not always. Most of the time I listen to Soundtrakcs of Games or movies composed by Jesper Kyd, Hans Zimmerman or Ramin Djawadi. Not really that classical but it is a way to relax while listening to these composers.
I listen to instrumental video game music as well, but for classical music I like composer from the 1700s-1800s.

"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this." - Old Man, The Legend of Zelda, Nintendo Entertainment System, 1987.
Noob

Videos: 730
Guides: 20

154,279 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 07:36:52 AM »

Chopin, Debussy and Ravel are my favourite classical composers. Though it's not like I've listened to a lot of music from the time period in the first place...
The one and only Scottish Bear!
Semi-Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,510 gold
Give Gold
Taste My Chainsaw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 10:38:51 PM »

I do love to listen to Classical music now and then. It just seems to have a hold on my feelings.

Master Noob

Videos: 793
Guides: 15

16,656 gold
Give Gold
Manischer Unsympath

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 04:34:25 AM »

Since I watched Excalibur in cinema way back then, I got addicted to Carl Orff. When I listen to the Carmina Burana i always see massive battles and knights slaughter each other. But Wagner, Beethoven and even Mozart are on my list, too.
And if you may ask what I am listening to normally, it's Metal. But unlike many others I am able and willing to accept any kind of music, except Justin Bieber maybe Grin

Der Feind kann keine Knöpfe mehr drücken - mit so einer verletzten Hand!
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,434
Guides: 50

16,002 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 06:43:49 PM »

The place where classic music fanlovers hang out. Sadly, I am the only "civilized" person here on GameAnyone who actually likes Classical Music. That's sad. The  objection here is to bring at lease 4 other classical music fanlovers to the place to hang out and talk about your favorite composers/musicians. But there are exceptions: COME HERE ALSO IF YOU LIKE INSTRUMENTAL, SMOTH JAZZ, JAZZ, AND/OR EASY LISTENING! This sould be the ultimate place for these music lovers to hang out.

Long post, isn't it?

I don't mean to sound antagonistic but why do you say your the only "Civilized" person here on GameAnyone who likes Classical Music. I kinda take offense to that.

I like classical music to the point I took an entire class in high school called "Music Appreciation" that I passed with flying colors. I'm actually a sucker to classical piano music which is the reason I took the class to learn about that and other musical genres.
Master Player

17,101 gold
Give Gold
Der Mann von die Schatten des brechen Herz.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 11:19:07 PM »

Your post is.. .odd TC. . .very odd.

As for classical music -- I strongly don't care for the vast majority of it because of the simple reason that I do not believe it is pretty. Nobuo Uematsu, Yoko Shimomura, these are great composers - even Gackt is as well. I -adore- easy listening, in fact I have long since developed the habit of utterly ignoring what the words actually are in any song, and treating the voice as another instrument (it helps that I often listen to bands of languages I do not speak).

Beautiful music can truly sooth the soul, and there is nothing better than it - and when I'm in a very good mood then nothing jives quite like a good brass band, but for the most part I'll take my strings and woodwinds (counting the flute as a woodwind, and piano as a string,  of course) any day.

Beethoven, Chopin, Tchaikovsky, even Mozart and Hyden (with notable exceptions) -- these are not my cuppa, these are almost violent in their emotion, and Chopic so complex to the ear that the sounds run together and become mere noise more often than not, to me.

Oh, and I do like (smooth) Jazz , and blues of most varieties as well. But for classical music, I'll take the new-school, and that primarily comes from game OSTs.

Sincerely,

~Yoru

forlornonline2.com -- my favourite game n.n.
Legendary Assassin
Noob

15,307 gold
Give Gold
[...]

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 01:40:37 PM »

I love classical music. in fact i can't stand all that black, hip hop, funk and what it's all called...
genuine music has a melody and gets to you like only music can.
so yeah the classical composers like bach, beethoven, mozart... my favorite piece is the moonshine-sonate
but i also like jazz, lounge music etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT7_IZPHHb0

"Revenge solves everything"

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Jump to: