Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Author Topic: PS Vita  (Read 3523 times)
Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,672,643 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:17:09 AM »

The Uncharted game looks really good and I am impressed by the graphics seeing as how it is a mobile platform. This will probably be the last generation of mobile consoles dedicated for gaming because of how phones are becoming so powerful.

Anyways, who's getting one, or more importantly who is planning on making some videos for some Vita games?

Semi-Noob

Videos: 4
Guides: 0

-7,483 gold
Give Gold
Halo Rocks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 01:05:25 AM »

I really like the platform, and it is amazing how it is on par with the PS3 in terms of graphics. Look at Uncharted!

Anyway, I am really interested in it, but the price is too high for my to buy. I mean, its $250 for the lowest model, games are anywhere from $40-60, and then you have to buy a memory card which starts around $30. So if I buy the system, one game, and a memory I almost at 350 dollars.

If it drops to 200 or even 170 I will probably pick one up. I think it is a great system and will go toe to toe with the 3DS. The Vita has a great launch line up. I am also looking forward to seeing what developers do with the power of the system. You will probably see the next CoD game on it, and people will be playing Mulitplayer on it that looks and feels exactly the same as the console versions. No more stupid, terrible ports of great console games.

I also think with the App functionality, PS store, trophies, cross game chat, PS3 like graphics, and great games you start to see people who will use the Vita as their main console. Instead of having a PS3 or 360 at home, they can take the VIta with the same power and more features on the go. I am no Sony fanboy by any means, but I think this system will really take off, if Sony drops the price by this holiday season. Thats my opinion.

Visit my Youtube Channel!
My Newest Walkthroughs:
Halo Wars (Xbox 360)   |   Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360)   |   Halo Zero (PC)   |   SSX Tricky (PS2)   |   Halo: CEA (Xbox 360)   |
Halo 2 (Xbox)          |
Dumb American!
Master Noob

Videos: 689
Guides: 55

98,146 gold
Give Gold
I do Let's Plays and shit!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 01:40:02 AM »

I've got mine preordered along with a 32 gig memory card. Looking forward to Uncharted, and was thinking of making some videos for it, but since it seems they took out TV-out, I'm not sure how much I'd want to do a camera LP.

I paid for a colossal donut, and I'm gonna get a colossal donut!
Semi-Noob

Videos: 81
Guides: 3

15,571 gold
Give Gold
I make far too many videos!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 02:46:47 AM »

I'm not getting one. While the games do look pretty, they don't really warrant us Brits paying £250 (about $360 USD) for the non-3G model.

My links:
Master Player

Videos: 0

17,101 gold
Give Gold
Der Mann von die Schatten des brechen Herz.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 07:52:52 PM »

I got mine last Wednesday. I'm just waiting for Disgaea 3 (which I will absolutely record. . .assuming I can figure out a way to do it) to come out in April. I'm sure as hell not recording Little Deviants . .. its just not fun Tongue.

As for the system itself - -the back touchpad is just a gimmick, the touchscreen in useful though -- the OLED screen beats out anything and everything else out there, and the graphic quality to pair with that visual that can come from a QUAD core processor is just stunning. This may very well be the last generation of handheld console -- but frankly there have only been a precious few anyway. Sega Gamegear -- that was a handheld console, PSP was, and now this and. . . hell the DS/3DS still haven't even got up to gamecube level power. Granted, they are highly stylistic games and the look kinda works on them, but generally the J-() stuff that made it to PSP was equally stylistic, and better looking to boot.

Also worth noting you can play minis, PSOne classics, and PSP games off the PS Network on this thing, and it looks a thousand times better than it did on the PSP-PSP Go

Sincerely,

~Yoru

forlornonline2.com -- my favourite game n.n.
Noob

Videos: 0

15,504 gold
Give Gold
http://youtube.com/user/MonsterHunterSketch

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 01:24:33 AM »

I am definitely considering buy a vita because of the power behind it the fact that it is basically a ps3 to go blows me away. Technology truly has come a long way. I just hope the Vita will have a good library to compliment it more than the PSP did.

Let's Plays are awesome and I make em'! I have a YouTube channel so if you're interested check out my channel and if you like what you see subscribe! (:
Noob

Videos: 1

7,532 gold
Give Gold
Hey Guys!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 10:11:46 PM »

I'm sticking with my PS3 in terms of gaming. To me, the PSP was a waste of potential and just an attempt to compete with Nintendo's stuff. Don't get me wrong, some of the games were GREAT like KH: Birth By Sleep and FFVII: Crisis Core, but in the end, the UMD disk idea was a mistake, and I'm just gonna keep out of the Vita stuff just to be safe.
Average Player

Videos: 327
Guides: 20

28,143 gold
Give Gold
É nóis qui tá, cachorro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 02:00:30 AM »

I probably won't have the money, but I'm probably getting one soon. They say it's a "pocket PS3", so I can play Uncharted/Mortal Kombat anywhere I go. I also hope to see more hardcore games, FPS and stuff, and I hope what they say is real.

Master Noob

Videos: 984
Guides: 53

5,339 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 06:31:57 AM »

I had mine pre-ordred but somehow the system was not picking up my order. Soo i just pre-ordred it again. The games i have bought with the Psp Vita is:
Uncharted Golden Abyss, Asphalt Injection, Dungeon Hunters Alliance, Reality Figthers, Lego Harry Potter Year 5-7,  Silent Hill Book of Memories, and that is all the games.

The game i look most forward to is Uncharted Abyss. I am not sure iif i am going to record any since the quality will proably not be very good.

I LOVE TO MAKE WALKTHROUGHS AND LET`S PLAYS

FROM NORWAY WITHLOVE

Average Player

Videos: 239
Guides: 6

1,016 gold
Give Gold
I see you.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 08:07:06 AM »

I'll might end up getting one when Persona 4 and Final Fantasy X HD remakes come out.  Besides those two games, the only game I want to play is Super Stardust Delta.

"My grandfather built a rocking chair that rocked forward instead of backwards so he could fake interest in any conversation." - Steven Wright
Currently GA Exclusive In-Progress: Grand Theft Auto Vice City

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Jump to: