Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XII The...
"Master Thief"

Successfully stole 50 times.

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: Bliix: transforming from pop and rap, to metal and rock  (Read 1210 times)
Expert Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

17,687 gold
Give Gold
headshot veteran

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2011, 10:29:34 AM »

I found this Youtube Channel, called Bliix. Bliix, takes songs from artists like Lady GaGa and Katy Perry, to artists like Jay-Z and Pitbull, and redoes them in a Rock or Heavy Metal Version. I think it's neat, and the Riffs sound hectic in some of the songs. (plus, I'm a metal fan, so this is a new territory for me with all these mixes and stuffs)

Here's some of the songs that sound pretty decent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpron8ptpm8&feature=related  - Hotel Room Service  -Pitbull
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMLjg89e4BI  -Paparazzi, Lady GaGa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgFzU8__5ag&feature=related  -E.T Katy Perry

Opinions on these mixes?
-B
Average Player

Videos: 202
Guides: 13

15,750 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 10:36:39 AM »

Haven't heard 'Pitbull', but the two others are so painfully horrible that no remix can save them.

I used to have a signature, but then I took an arrow to the knee. 
Master Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

17,101 gold
Give Gold
Der Mann von die Schatten des brechen Herz.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 10:44:34 AM »

I appreciate the work this kind of stuff likely takes, but . . .meh. The music isn't really any better than what these songs already had. Every instrument is really only capable of a select few general types of song music that are often used/noteworthy/noticeable in pop music. . . the heavy electric guitar is hardly and better than the half-assed techno/soundboard/beat music things the remix replaces.

Again, its cool that this was done and an amusing thing to do with one's free time for sure. . .  but the actually quality I just can't see being better except in that one might prefer the rock music to the dance/techno crap. Personally, I like neither so it serves me no boon.

Also -- side-note, I do realize that instruments/styles get a helluva lot more complicated than jsut a 'few types' but everything can be exceedingly broadly generalized with fair accuracy and efficiency and given the sheer amount of music people listen to with the lack of time usually spent on disecting a song, those generalities are all people tend to hear - -that is the benefit of chords really. They perfectly suit our consumptive attitudes.

Actually its something I often think about gaming as well -- is it really that more people are casual gamers in the tradition non-gamers playing non-games, or is it that there are so many games and people go through them so quickly that they HAVE to be stripped down because people just don't spend enough time with games to really notice the deep stuff anymore? I don't expect an answer to that question, but it is interesting to consider as an alternative to the general assumption that too many people who just aren't gamers have gotten access to them from the cell-phone revolution (I swear it's a thing, and at least it will be called one 50 years from now)

Sincerely,

~Yoru

forlornonline2.com -- my favourite game n.n.

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: