Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Mirrors Edge
"Vrooom!"

Maintain sprint speed for 30...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
 Print 

Author Topic: Getting started on Gameanyone  (Read 18202 times)
Full Player

Videos: 1,080
Guides: 67

137,238 gold
Give Gold
I'm best at space. Spaaaceee!

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2011, 05:15:27 PM »

Introduction

Welcome to Gameanyone.com, the place where gamers gather to talk about video games and watch each other play them! Joining a new site can be quite overwhelming. We've made this quick guide to help you get started on the site.

We want you to enjoy your stay on the site, and to make sure that there is room for everyone, we have made a wall of text to communicate the forum guidelines. They can generally be boiled down to "Be nice", but you can read the full rules here: http://forum.gameanyone.com/index.php?topic=1699.0

Forums

The forums are where our members gather to talk about pretty much anything that anyone can be interested in. Don't worry, you are already here!

The forums have some categories specifically for Gameanyone.com, some for topics on video games, TV shows, sports and so on, and a few categories where you can find tutorials for that thing you're trying to do or where you can find help for technical troubles.

On the left side of the forum overview, you can also find links to to our raffle, where you can use credits earned on the site to enter competitions for some really neat prices. Sometimes, we offer up video games, other times you have a chance to win recording hardware. There are usually some pretty niffy prizes to collect, but beware of the heavy competition! There is also an Arcade where you can kick back with some flash games and try to beat the high score.

As you post on the forums, your rank will go up. You will also earn stars at regular intervals. You can use these stars to see how active a user is, or if they are in a special user group:

Grey stars are used for regular users. You will get more stars by being active on the forums.
Silver stars shows that a user is an apprentice to become a Gameanyone Director.
Gold stars show that this user is a Gameanyone Director. Directors earn stars based on their Director level, rather than their post count.
Red stars are reserved for staff, admins and forum moderators. I once heard that Maceman ate another moderator to take his stars!

User profiles

If you contribute to the site with walkthroughs, your finished guides will show up on your user profile. Likewise, clicking on anybody else on the forum will take you to their profile where you can see all of their work!

Earn credits by making long posts, by donating to money to the site, or by adding walkthroughs to the site that has been requested by other users. You can also earn credits by adding videos of achievements, either by adding the videos individually or by marking the videos where you earn the achievement.

Get cool forum-items with your credits. These show up by your posts. Browse.
  Buy tickets for raffles and maybe win prizes. See current raffle.
  Exchange your credits into experience. Convert.

As you level up with experience, you gain more perks on the site and get discount for raffles, where you can use your credits to enter for a chance to claim a prize.

Earn exp through adding game guides, more exp is awarded if your walkthrough is the first walkthrough for that game on GameAnyone.
  Earn exp through adding videos. Additional exp is awarded if your videos are in HD.
  Earn exp through making forum posts.

Adding walkthroughs

Near the top of the page, you will find a link for adding walkthroughs to the site. Guides can be added in two ways:

Youtube upload: Use this to bring your guides over from Youtube. Gameanyone will automatically grab the thumbnails and embed the videos on the site. If your guide is complete, it will show up on the site as soon as it is approved by the moderators. You can still add your guide if it's not complete, but be sure to mark it as "In progress". It won't show up on your user profile until it's complete.

Gameanyone upload: Once you have one approved guide, you can use the Gameanyone uploader to add to your walkthrough to the site. You can also choose to upload standalone videos if you have anything funny or interesting to share, or if you are adding an achievement video.

If you add a guide for a game that isn't already on the site, or if your guide is especially entertaining, it might just end up getting featured on the front page! Being featured is a great way to get a lot of attention to your walkthrough, so be creative!

Add your walkthroughs here: http://www.gameanyone.com/?p=walk1

Tutorials

The site has a lot of competent people visiting every single day, and most of the time you can find help to improve the quality of your videos in the walkthrough section. You can also use the support forums if you are just looking to get started making walkthroughs.

Who knows, there might be some cool stuff for your videos lying around in there. If you can't find the help you need, simply make a new post and we will all swarm to help you out!

The tutorial section is here: http://forum.gameanyone.com/index.php?board=29.0
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 06:26:07 PM by Maceman » Logged

Director
Master Player

Videos: 4,375
Guides: 241

16,367 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 04:31:59 PM »

Nicely done. Congrats on the sticky btw. I think this will help a lot of new people.
Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,126 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 09:22:31 AM »

i agree to bed thet you didnt do it when i first came but no problem  Grin
I play games and so do you!
Master Player

Videos: 3,886
Guides: 208

134,718 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 09:00:50 AM »

I approve  Cool
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:00:04 PM by HelloJapan960 » Logged

Starter

15,015 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 02:07:17 PM »

how do u record game footage from ur tv without it looking horrible
Full Player

Videos: 1,080
Guides: 67

137,238 gold
Give Gold
I'm best at space. Spaaaceee!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 03:02:57 PM »

how do u record game footage from ur tv without it looking horrible
You need a PVR recorder - a popullar one is the Hauppauge HD PVR Game Recorder. It records anything from your screen, as you see it. Works for TV shows and ripping off DVD's as well Tongue

Sure beats a camera pointed at the screen Wink

Full Noob

380 gold
Give Gold
If you don't know don't guess

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 01:55:58 PM »

Sure beats a camera pointed at the screen Wink
I know right?
Noob

Videos: 25
Guides: 3

37,532 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 03:53:23 PM »

Nice intro for anyone new to gameanyone Smiley
Director
Master Player

Videos: 1,618
Guides: 122

285,685 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »

I cant wait to get started and move up on the site.

Noob

Videos: 12
Guides: 1

15,121 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 09:04:11 PM »

I just started here on Game anyone and it is a lot of fun and you have a lot of freedom with the recordings.  Unlike on youtube, they really like to restrict the things you can do over there.  That and there is so much crap that you can't even really find video game stuff when you actually want to//need it in any way.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
 Print 

Jump to: