Why should I sign up?
Post comments on videos.
Android app on Google Play

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I render videos faster?  (Read 7031 times)
Semi-Noob

Videos: 278
Guides: 9

22,570 credits
Give Credits
WELCOME TO MY GAMING PARADISE

View Profile
on: August 06, 2011, 12:25:55 PM

I want to save at least a good 30 minutes when rendering. I have SONY VEGAS 10

I already know about the CTRL Alt Delete and setting the priority above normal or high.. But i dont like my computer running so slow  Cool

I see the world and all its inhabitants in gray. There is no good or evil. There is no right or wrong. We are all somewhere in the middle trying to do what's best for ourselves.
Average Player

Videos: 532
Guides: 59

0 credits
Give Credits

View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 12:48:46 PM

1. Unless you can use your GPU to render, you won't be able to speed the process, but you need to have supported graphics card.
2. If you use filters like sharpen, brightness\contrast etc., removing them would speed it up.
3. As Sony AVC automatically turn the contrast down when rendering it takes a bit longer than normally it would take. If you're not using Sony AVC codec, then it doesn't concern you, though you wouldn't be able to get around it either.

If you're ATI user, then you don't have much choice in this unless you have a GPU 5500 and better.

Master Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

2,173 credits
Give Credits
Affluence means influence. -Jack London

View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 01:57:45 PM

Rendering speeds is really a choice. Are you willing to wait a while to have the best settings, or do you want the job done fast? Ideally videos should be rendered pretty fast for us LPers because we do relatively little to the raw footage. If you want to render faster, you might change the codec you render into or turn of resource hogs, bump up the priority for vegas, and go for a walk outside.
Level 4 Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,277
Guides: 233

6,525 credits
Give Credits

View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 09:56:53 PM

Might try rendering it in a different aspect ratio but then of course, you lose some quality. I know rendering takes forever but thats the name of the game if you don't want to sacrifice quality and filters of any kind.
Morocco  Lumi
Average Player

Videos: 291
Guides: 15

2,616 credits
Give Credits
I eat babies :P

View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 03:32:14 AM

I want to save at least a good 30 minutes when rendering. I have SONY VEGAS 10

I already know about the CTRL Alt Delete and setting the priority above normal or high.. But i dont like my computer running so slow  Cool

If you are rendering in HD then you have no choice but to wait, or get an i7  and a very good graphic card that supports GPU acceleration to speed up the process.

Subscribe to my Youtube channel ! http://www.youtube.com/user/Arclight44

Follow me on Twitter ! http://twitter.com/overlordlumi

Current LPs : Legend of Mana (PSX)
Full Player

Videos: 1,081
Guides: 67

121,238 credits
Give Credits
I'm best at space. Spaaaceee!

View Profile WWW
Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 04:42:52 AM

We talked about the i7 on Teamspeak one day, and as far as I remember, we concluded that it's not a *massive* difference, is it? I mean, a good 20 minute 720p video video for me takes a good hour to render with little or no extra eye candy in it, and an i7 wouldn't take *that* much off the process, would it?

In any case, render settings are the way to go. Are you rendering to 1080p? Are people really watching that? I'll render to 720p and that seems just fine Smiley

One thing that could help you is batch rendering - having your program just cut up the episodes as it goes along. I usually make 4-6 episodes ready and have it render overnight. Done and done Smiley

Morocco  Lumi
Average Player

2,616 credits
Give Credits

View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 03:03:04 AM

We talked about the i7 on Teamspeak one day, and as far as I remember, we concluded that it's not a *massive* difference, is it? I mean, a good 20 minute 720p video video for me takes a good hour to render with little or no extra eye candy in it, and an i7 wouldn't take *that* much off the process, would it?

In any case, render settings are the way to go. Are you rendering to 1080p? Are people really watching that? I'll render to 720p and that seems just fine Smiley

One thing that could help you is batch rendering - having your program just cut up the episodes as it goes along. I usually make 4-6 episodes ready and have it render overnight. Done and done Smiley

What i meant about the i7 is it will render good at a reasonable amount of time, plus his computer won't be slow : he can still use his windows just fine with   Tongue

Full Player

121,238 credits
Give Credits

View Profile WWW
Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 12:44:44 PM

Yeah, but what is "reasonable amount of time" though? Tongue

Morocco  Lumi
Average Player

2,616 credits
Give Credits

View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 04:11:40 PM

Yeah, but what is "reasonable amount of time" though? Tongue

I render with like 20 minutes HD for like 50 to 1h15 minutes  depending on the game i recorded. Some games less than 40 minutes.

Full Player

121,238 credits
Give Credits

View Profile WWW
Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 01:41:40 PM

I render with like 20 minutes HD for like 50 to 1h15 minutes  depending on the game i recorded. Some games less than 40 minutes.
Which is more or less the same I render in Tongue 20 minute video renders in 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes or so.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: