Why should I sign up?
Subscribe to get email updates.
Android app on Google Play

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I record commentary while I play a game live?  (Read 3289 times)
Semi-Noob

Videos: 278
Guides: 9

22,570 credits
Give Credits
WELCOME TO MY GAMING PARADISE

View Profile
on: July 31, 2011, 03:00:50 AM

~I use a Happauge HD PVR
~ I have PX21's.. Turtle Beach Headsets

I use to play a game and record on my Happauge while recording my sound on the computer. That way I can match up the video with the sound. This is a little tedious. Is there anyway i can hook up my PX21's to my PS3 and record my voice while recording on the Happauge at the same time?

I see the world and all its inhabitants in gray. There is no good or evil. There is no right or wrong. We are all somewhere in the middle trying to do what's best for ourselves.
Morocco  Lumi
Average Player

Videos: 291
Guides: 15

2,616 credits
Give Credits
I eat babies :P

View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 06:30:44 AM

Use Audacity for sound recording, it's free.

And when you render your video, add the sound file of the comentary to your project, adjust the game volume and the comentary volume so the audience can hear you comentary and the game's sound in the background.

Hope that helped
  Smiley

Subscribe to my Youtube channel ! http://www.youtube.com/user/Arclight44

Follow me on Twitter ! http://twitter.com/overlordlumi

Current LPs : Legend of Mana (PSX)
Master Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

2,173 credits
Give Credits
Affluence means influence. -Jack London

View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 11:06:35 PM

I think you mean "can I record commentary in the same stream as your game audio?" And the answer is: not to my knowledge. There are some helpful tricks: yell "start" or something at the start of the commentary, and then cut off that part in your editing (courtesy of shadowzack). You could also give yourself cues during recording.

Some capture programs like Fraps, let you add commentary to the stream, so I don't know if it is out of the realm of possibility to add commentary to your stream if you found some third-party software that recorded from the Hauppague in the correct formats.

If your question is just how to record commentary. Lumi has the right idea. Just use Audacity.
Use Your F*cking Brain!
Ultimate Gaming Machine

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

295 credits
Give Credits
I play it for fun and entertainment!

View Profile WWW
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:54:38 PM

Use the forum search.

Join the GameAnyone Team

How To Add Your Videos

Official Forum Rules

Quote from: Darius320
My dream job that I've been dreamed of the most is become an comedian actress and advanced gamer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: