Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Assassins Creed II
"Show your Colors"

Wear the Auditore cape in each...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
 Print 

Author Topic: A good horror movie anyone ?? =)  (Read 7331 times)
Full Player

Videos: 764
Guides: 39

15,000 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 08:14:45 AM »

I was considering that the entire time I was writing my answer.  But the one thought that always came back, was that scary is fun.  Disturbing, not so much.  So there's an enjoyment factor involved for me.  And it is after all, the Entertainment Industry.  Something scary is more entertaining.

Oh well, I'm obsessed with the horror genre since I was, like, 3 or 4 years old (awesome parentship Wink), so you can say that by now I also don't find vast majority of horror flicks scary. All I look for, just as in all other genres, is general quality. To say horror has to be scary is almost the same as saying horror needs jump scares. But what do I know, we all indeed find what's entertaining and what ain't subjectively, so in the end horror as a genre possibly simply isn't for you. I would still encourage you to watch some of these movies: Secuestrados (more disturbing than scary, but if you can appreciate top-notch acting, heavy atmosphere and whatnot, there's no reason you shouldn't enjoy this movie), The Thing, Sublime (this is massively underrated pretty much everywhere I look, I reckon people just don't get it), The House of the Devil, Dead Ringers, A Tale of Two Sisters, Interview With the Vampire, Dracula (1992, along with the Interview the thickiest atmosphere in a movie ever), Fragile, Los Ojos de Julia, The Poughkeepsie Tapes, Ils, À l'intérieur. Also, there's this Czech short movie that could well determine your relationship to horror as a genre:

I'd be well intersted what your thoughts would be while and after watching it (not that I'm forcing you or anything >_>).

Life is like a dick - if it's hard, f*ck it.
Master Player

Videos: 442
Guides: 15

84,478 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: Leelee7201

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 09:06:04 AM »

I was considering that the entire time I was writing my answer.  But the one thought that always came back, was that scary is fun.  Disturbing, not so much.  So there's an enjoyment factor involved for me.  And it is after all, the Entertainment Industry.  Something scary is more entertaining.

Now it just comes down to opinion, because I find the disturbing far more entertaining than the frightening.  I scare easily, and scary images stay with me for a really long time, so I don't really get a kick out of them.  The disturbing, however, doesn't affect me nearly as much on a long term basis, so I greatly prefer that.  Also, I may just be the slightest bit sick in the head, so disturbing situations appeal to me.

Semi-Noob

Videos: 161
Guides: 3

15,201 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2011, 07:17:41 PM »

My favorite horror movie ever is Rosemary's Baby. Very creepy. Some others are Mothman Prophecies, Psycho (sometimes considered a thriller), Insidious (surprisngly good), Trick 'r Treat, REC, and The Exorcist. I like actual horror for the most part, not just cheap scares.

The Evil Dead series is probably the best comedy/horror.
Master Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,057 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 12:27:09 PM »

the birds and carrie scared the crap out of me when i was younger .... couldn't go need a bird for weeks after seeing the birds for the first time

Sometimes it's right to get it wrong, Live for the moment , Sing for the song - Melanie Doane

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
 Print 

Jump to: