Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XII The...
"Master Thief"

Successfully stole 50 times.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
 Print 

Author Topic: A good horror movie anyone ?? =)  (Read 7694 times)
Master Noob

Videos: 847
Guides: 16

15,721 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 02:06:54 PM »

there's one i just watched called The Hitcher, the original from '87 i believe.  though it's not horror per say, it has a great, creepy vibe throughout the film, and one of those that has sense of almost hopelessness for the main character, which i found to be a great watch.  it's more of a psychological thriller, if you're into it.

but there's a ton of great suggestions through the topic already, so be sure to make a crap ton of popcorn XD.
Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,110 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 07:34:27 PM »

Indisious would have to one of the better new horror films made. but you can always look to the classics, freddy, jason, evil dead, halloween, the thing, poltergeist and any romero zombie movie.
Master Player

Videos: 442
Guides: 15

84,478 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: Leelee7201

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 08:52:22 PM »

Indisious would have to one of the better new horror films made. but you can always look to the classics, freddy, jason, evil dead, halloween, the thing, poltergeist and any romero zombie movie.

I was just coming here to post about Insidious.  Not a bad movie.  Not a particularly good movie, kinda fizzled at the end, but not bad.  And I did find it fairly scary.

Master Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

17,173 gold
Give Gold
Affluence means influence. -Jack London

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 05:56:12 AM »

28 Days Later: one of my favourite movies of all time, and maybe the best zombie flick.
Full Player

Videos: 764
Guides: 39

15,000 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 07:55:29 AM »

Ok, I just finished watching Secuestrados and it was the most powerful horror movie I've seen in years. Brilliant acting (one of the finest I've ever seen actually), amazing camerawork, several minutes long cutless shots, solid effects, good script, great direction...can't recommend this one enough.

Life is like a dick - if it's hard, f*ck it.
Semi-Noob

Videos: 239
Guides: 6

33,820 gold
Give Gold
WELCOME TO MY GAMING PARADISE

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 10:27:27 PM »

28 Weeks Later

or

Drive Thru

I see the world and all its inhabitants in gray. There is no good or evil. There is no right or wrong. We are all somewhere in the middle trying to do what's best for ourselves.
Expert

Videos: 878
Guides: 25

16,374 gold
Give Gold
Total War Strategy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 12:09:06 AM »

A Good Horror Movie.  Hrmm.  I've seen a lot of horror films.  And none of them scary, to me, that is.  Which means they all general fail as horror films.  Horror films must be scary!  Or you can go the route of the people who cry for the originals.  Sure they were great...  for their time.  But with the current time, it's like using a candle in favour of a light bulb.  So films like the "Exorcist"; are not that scary anymore, with those outdated effects.

Though films these days aren't all that scary, I can definitely say many of them are disturbing.  Like "The Human Centipede".  And I recently watched the original "Grudge", "Ju-On".  And it was dreadfully boring.  Not scary.  Though in some instances, quite disturbing.

Horror genre is very dead these days.  They are always trying, but it might just me.  They can't scare me.  If you know something to scare my socks off, let me know.  But these days, it's all cliche'd, surprise tactics.  I am heavily disappointed.

In my eyes.  If it's not Scary, then it's not horror.  It can be a great film, can be timeless.  But if it's not Scary, it's not horror.

"Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"
Full Player

Videos: 764
Guides: 39

15,000 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 10:42:52 AM »

^ Horror doesn't have to be scary. There are too many subgenres and you probably just keep stumbling upon the wrong ones.  Tongue

Life is like a dick - if it's hard, f*ck it.
Master Player

Videos: 442
Guides: 15

84,478 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: Leelee7201

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 06:22:46 PM »

^ Horror doesn't have to be scary. There are too many subgenres and you probably just keep stumbling upon the wrong ones.  Tongue

Very true.  Horror films strive not only to scare but also to disturb or shock the watcher.  I think they should leave you with an unsettling feeling, and if it does, then it's a horror.

Expert

Videos: 878
Guides: 25

16,374 gold
Give Gold
Total War Strategy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 03:39:30 AM »

I was considering that the entire time I was writing my answer.  But the one thought that always came back, was that scary is fun.  Disturbing, not so much.  So there's an enjoyment factor involved for me.  And it is after all, the Entertainment Industry.  Something scary is more entertaining.

"Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
 Print 

Jump to: