Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
 Print 

Author Topic: A good horror movie anyone ?? =)  (Read 7783 times)
Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,000 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2011, 01:46:54 AM »

A good horror movie  anyone ?? =)
Expert Noob

Videos: 6
Guides: 1

18,700 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 02:26:47 AM »

A good horror movie? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!
Oh sorry, your being serious.  The only one that comes readily to mind is anything in the evil dead series, the only good "horror" movie that I've seen.  But even then, it's got a heavy emphasis on comedy.

This is my signature.
There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My signature is my end of post.
It is my life. I must master it, as I must master my life.
Without my post, my signature is useless.
Without my signature, my post useless.
I must type my post true.
I must type it better than the average moron online.
I must type it before types something stupid.
I will.
Before God I swear this creed.
My signature and myself are defenders of my internet.
We are the masters of our enemy.
We are the saviours of my life.
So be it ... until there is no morons,
but peace. Amen.
Master Player

Videos: 442
Guides: 15

84,478 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: Leelee7201

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 02:44:06 AM »

A good horror movie? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!
Oh sorry, your being serious.  The only one that comes readily to mind is anything in the evil dead series, the only good "horror" movie that I've seen.  But even then, it's got a heavy emphasis on comedy.

It depends on your definition of good.  Some movies are good in the traditional sense of the word, while others are horrible but enjoyable to watch.  The Exorcist was nominated for a few Academy Awards, as was Jaws, although the latter may be more of a thriller, but often considered a horror, so I would say these fall into the category of a good movie.  Then you have slasher films, like the Freddy Krueger and Jason movies, which aren't that great but very enjoyable and memorable.

Expert Noob

16,143 gold
Give Gold
king of the impossible

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 05:07:46 AM »

The maid [2005]
Ju-On:  the curse 
Ju-On: the grudge
Ju-On 2
COLIC  [2006]

Full Player

Videos: 2,047
Guides: 100

15,379 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 05:11:07 AM »

In my opinion, the only good horror movies are the classics.  The original Amityville Horror, Dracula, Frankenstein.  All that good stuff.  A Clockwork Orange was pretty good too.
Average Player

15,569 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 10:55:27 AM »

It depends what kind of horror movie, the classics like Nosferatu will always live in but if you mean newer horror movies then you're kinda out of luck for the most part. However there are some good newer ones.

Drag me to Hell: A really great movie that is fun to watch as much as it is hard to watch. It's directed by Sam Rami (The guy that directed Evil Dead) so it's going to be lots of fun as well as really really creepy, it's also cheesy but in the good way.

The Loved Ones: An Australian movie released in the last couple of year, practically nobody I know has seen it. It's one of the best gorehound movies I've ever seen, it's much better than SAW (Although SAW 2 was great) and is very entertaining.

The Devil's Rejects: One of the all time best in my opinion and by far the best of the 21st century, you really have to see it to understand how great this movie is. It's directed by Rob Zombie and after the shit stain of House of A Thousand Corpses (Which this is a sequel to) it really caught me off guard. If you were gonna watch one horror movie from the 21st century then it should be this.

There are also the classic ones such as Evil Dead, The Excorcist, Halloween, Dracula, Nosferatu (One of my favourites).

Master Player

Videos: 876
Guides: 157

91,559 gold
Give Gold
Yes...I DO play saxophone. Thanks.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 11:29:31 PM »

The John Carpenter Versions of Halloween I & II.  Basically they were one movie and ended the series...before all the crap stared with the upteen sequels.

The Thing is also very good.

Hey Freakazoid want to build a Go-Kart? 

DO I??
Master Player

15,163 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 05:39:31 PM »

Recently (like a month and a half ago) saw Insidious and it scared the sh*t out of me. Lot's of jump scares but are well done. Very chilling atmosphere with a great musical score. The trailer makes it look pretty bad especially with Darth Maul making an appearance but that part is one of the most terrifying in the whole film so give it a go although not watching it in the cinema may dampen the scariness of it.

\"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few
drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.\" MOHANDAS K. GANDHI.
Master Noob

91,666 gold
Give Gold
Geek Girls Do It Better

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 07:27:16 PM »

I very rarely deliberately watch horror movies (as anyone who has watched my blind Bioshock walkthrough can tell you, i have a very low tolerance for creepy stuff. =P ) but my friends once coerced me to watch, on two different Halloweens, The Shining and The Descent, both of which were very intense, in different ways, and very well made. I also saw the beginning of A Clockwork Orange at the same time I saw The Shining (didn't get to finish; my roommate found it "uncomfortable" and suggested The Shining instead -- which made *me* uncomfortable >.< ) -- would like to finish it at some point, as it looked quite good.

Oh, hi. So. How are you holding up?

BECAUSE I'M A POTATO.

I'm a web designer, XBOX gamer, RPG admin, and all-around geek girl. Drop me a line, or watch my videos! Cheesy

Current Projects:
Assassin's Creed 3
Disney's G-Force
Semi-Noob

15,115 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 10:11:26 AM »

Recently i have seen The Silent House movie its really very scary movie. I was too scared while watching this movie. Really its wonderful movie.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
 Print 

Jump to: