Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Author Topic: A film that left you emotionally exhuasted?  (Read 4768 times)
Full Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,249 gold
Give Gold
...and then we stood still.

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »

...yeah, I've been cranking out quite the topics lately.

Anyways, what film just made you go "Phew...good lord."? You know, one that you'll never forget watching, both for the better and the worse.

NOT necessarily the most disturbing film you've ever watched.

For me, I think that award would have to go to either Irreversible, Schindler's List, or Requiem for a Dream. I cried at all of them for different reasons, but I cried at them nonetheless. I think if I watched Passion of the Christ all the way through, then it would probably be on that list too.

"Procrastination is like masturbation; feels good at first, but in the end you're only screwing yourself"
                                                                                  - Anonymous
Master Player

Videos: 442
Guides: 15

84,478 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: Leelee7201

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 10:15:45 PM »

Maybe I'm just weird, but the Passion of the Christ did not move me at all.  Again, I say that I may just be weird.  I'm also not very religious, and I watched the film just to watch it.  If you have more of an emotional reaction, that's awesome or not awesome, depending on how you feel about it. 

Anyway, two films that left me emotionally exhausted were Grave of the Fireflies and Life is Beautiful.  Both are about WWII, and I cried like a baby for both of them.  Both were very good films, but they kinda haunted me for a while after watching the film.

Full Player

15,249 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 10:34:24 PM »

Maybe I'm just weird, but the Passion of the Christ did not move me at all.  Again, I say that I may just be weird.  I'm also not very religious, and I watched the film just to watch it.  If you have more of an emotional reaction, that's awesome or not awesome, depending on how you feel about it. 

Anyway, two films that left me emotionally exhausted were Grave of the Fireflies and Life is Beautiful.  Both are about WWII, and I cried like a baby for both of them.  Both were very good films, but they kinda haunted me for a while after watching the film.

Like I said, I haven't watched it all the way through and I'm not sure about it's full effect. I guess your religion would have an influence on your reactions to it.

I've heard many similar things about Grave of the Fireflies. Apparently it's just depressing.

"Procrastination is like masturbation; feels good at first, but in the end you're only screwing yourself"
                                                                                  - Anonymous
Full Player

15,249 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 11:57:54 PM »

Just watched the Russian Roulette scene from The Deer Hunter...

Argh. <_>

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 02:29:19 AM by CarbonFrost » Logged

- Anonymous
Expert Noob

Videos: 17
Guides: 2

11,692 gold
Give Gold
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic = PERFECTION

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 06:47:30 PM »

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. That movie broke my heart into pieces. I cried so hard watching it, it's not even funny.

Full Player

Videos: 2,047
Guides: 100

15,379 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 06:53:18 PM »

Yeah, I honestly thought Passion of the Christ was awful.

Tron is the movie that completely moved me.  Maybe because it was the very first movie I ever watched.
Master Player

Videos: 876
Guides: 157

91,559 gold
Give Gold
Yes...I DO play saxophone. Thanks.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »

Mr. Holland's Opus still makes me an emotional wreck.  The guy was forced into teaching because he couldn't afford to compose, then at the end of his career he is forced out as they get rid of music, but his students come back and play his composition.

beautiful movie.

Hey Freakazoid want to build a Go-Kart? 

DO I??
Full Noob

15,700 gold
Give Gold
How ya doin, oh by the way YOURE DEAD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 10:22:36 PM »

...yeah, I've been cranking out quite the topics lately.

Anyways, what film just made you go "Phew...good lord."? You know, one that you'll never forget watching, both for the better and the worse.

NOT necessarily the most disturbing film you've ever watched.

For me, I think that award would have to go to either Irreversible, Schindler's List, or Requiem for a Dream. I cried at all of them for different reasons, but I cried at them nonetheless. I think if I watched Passion of the Christ all the way through, then it would probably be on that list too.

define emotionally exhausted

let St. Pete close the gate, who cares

000GrimmReaper000
Full Player

Videos: 390
Guides: 70

25,122 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 12:59:24 AM »

I'm going to have to say the newest Harry Potter. The reason is over the years I've grow to love all the characters in the series and well watching some of them die off is kinda sad to me. The worst part that almost made me cry was when dobby died. I mean I knew it was coming because I read the book and all it's just I didn't expect it to affect me the way it did or that it would end off the movie. Over all great Harry Potter movie, but at the same time one of the saddest.

im on steam redbaron1007 so yeah just um yeah.
Master Player

15,057 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 02:12:46 AM »

a beautiful mind .... i saw it in a theater and grown men cried with their wives .... omg i saw countless other movies and never a reaction like that .... the other movie that left me in tears was the breakfast club ... idk why it just did after the first few times i saw it

Sometimes it's right to get it wrong, Live for the moment , Sing for the song - Melanie Doane

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Jump to: