Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Author Topic: Dubstep  (Read 2942 times)
Semi-Expert

Videos: 3,171
Guides: 106

145,251 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2011, 05:27:23 AM »

So, do we have any other Dubstep listeners on the forum? Ever since I heard Skrillex's "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" I've been quite obsessed. I have over 2000 Dubstep songs in my collection. If you like it post your favorite songs!

Twitter.com/TehNevs
Master Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,057 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 10:47:23 AM »

im guessing dubstep is a music type ... is it like i techno/rave type of sound ?? maybe post an example if u can ??

Sometimes it's right to get it wrong, Live for the moment , Sing for the song - Melanie Doane
Master Player

17,101 gold
Give Gold
Der Mann von die Schatten des brechen Herz.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »

I thought it was an internet radio station?

Sincerely,

~Yoru

forlornonline2.com -- my favourite game n.n.
Full Player

15,249 gold
Give Gold
...and then we stood still.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 10:37:59 PM »

I wouldn't really consider the Sprites EP as dubstep (or Skrillex in general for that matter, most of his tracks are electro. "f*cking Die" is a sick dubstep track by him, though), but you're damn straight that dubstep is awesome. Ever hear of DatsiK? He's one of my favorites.

This is class-A filth, right here. We're talkin' diving head-first into a pool of used needles and unborn fetuses...filth.

...yeah, that was disgusting. I apologize.

"Procrastination is like masturbation; feels good at first, but in the end you're only screwing yourself"
                                                                                  - Anonymous
Semi-Expert

145,251 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 01:47:14 AM »

im guessing dubstep is a music type ... is it like i techno/rave type of sound ?? maybe post an example if u can ??
You got it right, it's very heavily influenced by techno/rave music, with lots of base, often the whole song with be constructed out of bass.

I completely disagree with Carbonfrost that Skrillex isn't Dubstep. Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites is one of the best examples of dubstep I can think of, and it's always the first song I play for people when I am introducing them:

Also, Datsik and Excision are my two favorite dubstep creators. Most of what they put out is A+.

I've been a metalhead most of my life, but recently I just cannot put down Dubstep and always find myself changing from whatever I'm listening to over to it. Always trying to expand my collection as well.

This song is just hilarious.

Twitter.com/TehNevs
Full Player

15,249 gold
Give Gold
...and then we stood still.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 04:28:16 AM »

I completely disagree with Carbonfrost that Skrillex isn't Dubstep. Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites is one of the best examples of dubstep I can think of, and it's always the first song I play for people when I am introducing them.

Nerppp. Me thinks someone has to brush up on their EDM genres. Skrillex makes some dubstep, but the vast majority of his new stuff is electro house and breakbeat. If you legitimately want to introduce someone to the genre, play some Bar 9 or Bare Noize or Skream for them.

I may not know a lot about a lot, but electronic music is one of my few knowledgeable specialties. I've been listening to the stuff for years. Ever try Breakcore? Eurotrance? Jumpstyle? Deep House? Techstep? Big Beat? Hardstyle?

I hope I didn't sound too cocky, but I'm passionate over this stuff.

I also think you completely chose to ignore the fact that I posted an example of a dubstep track Skrillex produced. I never said he's NOT dubstep, he's just far from being completely dubstep, if that makes sense.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:38:01 AM by CarbonFrost » Logged

"Procrastination is like masturbation; feels good at first, but in the end you're only screwing yourself"
                                                                                  - Anonymous
Semi-Expert

145,251 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 02:43:49 PM »

Nerppp. Me thinks someone has to brush up on their EDM genres. Skrillex makes some dubstep, but the vast majority of his new stuff is electro house and breakbeat. If you legitimately want to introduce someone to the genre, play some Bar 9 or Bare Noize or Skream for them.

I may not know a lot about a lot, but electronic music is one of my few knowledgeable specialties. I've been listening to the stuff for years. Ever try Breakcore? Eurotrance? Jumpstyle? Deep House? Techstep? Big Beat? Hardstyle?

I hope I didn't sound too cocky, but I'm passionate over this stuff.

I also think you completely chose to ignore the fact that I posted an example of a dubstep track Skrillex produced. I never said he's NOT dubstep, he's just far from being completely dubstep, if that makes sense.
I didn't ignore it, I just don't really see the difference. What makes something qualify as Dubstep? My understanding is that it uses lots and lots of bass to create the rythmes and melody and uses lots of "Wobble" bass. Maybe I'm wrong but that stuff seem's pretty prominent in the song I posted. I know all of his stuff isn't Dubstep, but I would say, based on what I've heard, that Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites is a Dubstep song. But I really don't know a lot about this genre, just going off what I hear.

Twitter.com/TehNevs
Master Player

15,057 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 10:35:55 PM »

it's good to see some talent still in music .... even though its not my cup of tea ( mostly a folk / country fan ) i do like that type of music and have much respect for the people who do that live ( i been to a rave or 2 in my day , plus there is a urban music festible that has alot of those types of artist in my neck of the woods every summer ) ... i always find music at it's best when there is no lyrics involved

Sometimes it's right to get it wrong, Live for the moment , Sing for the song - Melanie Doane
Expert Noob

16,704 gold
Give Gold
Hail to the king baby.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »

hmmm im not a massive dubstep fan, however i do enjoy it from time to time; heres a pretty sick dubstep song i found   Cool

If you are reading this, you are doing it wrong.
O_O
Semi-Expert

145,251 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 10:56:29 PM »

it's good to see some talent still in music .... even though its not my cup of tea ( mostly a folk / country fan ) i do like that type of music and have much respect for the people who do that live ( i been to a rave or 2 in my day , plus there is a urban music festible that has alot of those types of artist in my neck of the woods every summer ) ... i always find music at it's best when there is no lyrics involved
Lucky, I hope to go to a dubstep show sometime in the future, If I can find a good one. I disagree about talent in music though, I believe music now days has more talent and creativity in it than it ever has, you just have to look deeper than the radio or MTV  Wink

hmmm im not a massive dubstep fan, however i do enjoy it from time to time; heres a pretty sick dubstep song i found   Coolreally like the song. There is some dubstep for everybody.

Twitter.com/TehNevs

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Jump to: