Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
 Print 

Author Topic: Video game movies ??  (Read 9750 times)
Average Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,569 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 04:08:43 PM »

The only one I remotely like is Silent Hill and the first Resident Evil movie.

Master Noob

91,666 gold
Give Gold
Geek Girls Do It Better

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 07:21:17 PM »

As a few people said earlier in the thread, I think the key to an adaptation of a video game (or an adaptation of anything, really) is a deep understanding of and respect for the subject matter, and an understanding and respect for other people who share that understanding and respect with you -- i.e. the people for whom the adaptation is being made. It doesn't have to be down-to-the-detail accurate but it needs to get the gist and be well-made and do right by the idea that spawned it.

Oh, hi. So. How are you holding up?

BECAUSE I'M A POTATO.

I'm a web designer, XBOX gamer, RPG admin, and all-around geek girl. Drop me a line, or watch my videos! Cheesy

Current Projects:
Assassin's Creed 3
Disney's G-Force
Average Player

15,940 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 12:26:34 AM »

Movies based on video games has always sucked (haven't seen the Red Faction tv show) but all I can say about the subject is that I've seen games that I'd rather watch a movie of instead. Like I think Enslaved would have been a better movie than it was a game.
Starter

15,141 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 06:31:03 PM »

Like what's been mentioned above, I'd really like a movie that's a good adaptation of the source material. It's unreasonable to think that every single element of a game is going to make it into a single film, but get a fair number of references, maybe make mention of something that only those who've played the game(s) get. Graphics aren't really a seller for me... as long as it's not too cheesy (unless that was the intent.)

My favorite video game to movie story? is Mortal Kombat actually. But more because it's ridiculous than anything else.

Though... hm, I think I'd like to see a Legend of Zelda movie, though I'm not sure anyone would do it justice.
Expert Noob

Videos: 6
Guides: 1

18,700 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 07:15:39 PM »

More gameplay.  i.e. we just drop the whole "Video Game Adaptation" thing and just let me play a game.  Movies are great, but video game movies suck.
They need to stop and go away.  They're just trying to capatilize on the videogame craze and hope everyone just buys into it because its got the name of a popular game.  Make movies and make games, but dont make game movies.

This is my signature.
There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My signature is my end of post.
It is my life. I must master it, as I must master my life.
Without my post, my signature is useless.
Without my signature, my post useless.
I must type my post true.
I must type it better than the average moron online.
I must type it before types something stupid.
I will.
Before God I swear this creed.
My signature and myself are defenders of my internet.
We are the masters of our enemy.
We are the saviours of my life.
So be it ... until there is no morons,
but peace. Amen.
Noob

15,351 gold
Give Gold
Divide & Plunder!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 08:37:57 PM »

Personally I think that most companies use the game name to milk money from the audience of that game. But I like that Video game Movies are being taken a little for seriously. Take Assassin's Creed Lineage, that was great and now that Ubisoft have opened their own film studio dedicated to created Movies based on their franchises I think it could be a big step forward in breaking the mould of bad video game Movies. At the moment they are bringing out some of their biggest franchises. A Splinter Cell, Far Cry and Assassin's Creed Movies are all in production.

Semi-Noob

15,115 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 09:01:17 AM »

In my opinion Silent hill is best game and i love to play. I have watched also this movie its also a great option.

15,082 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 07:26:23 AM »

max pain and hit man !
United States  abe
Expert

29,478 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2011, 07:18:46 PM »

We bitch all the time about them ... so my question is ...

What do u want out of a video game movie ??
legend of zelda,pac-man,donkey kong & monster hunter.

Hello everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Semi-Noob

15,002 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 12:19:43 AM »

If you took the giant pile of cheese out of the script, and hired actors instead of people off the street, then MAYBE they would actually be watchable.

"You don't stop playing games because you get old. You get old because you stop playing games."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
 Print 

Jump to: