Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
 Print 

Author Topic: Video game movies ??  (Read 9804 times)
Full Player

Videos: 2,047
Guides: 100

15,379 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 09:09:53 AM »

Pretty much a movie that isn't god awful.
Master Player

Videos: 454
Guides: 15

84,478 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: Leelee7201

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 11:18:15 AM »

In a video game movie, I want recognizable elements of the game and a not completely butchered storyline.  Something that at least makes sense and doesn't explain things away in a stupid manner.  I know everyone thinks it's awful, but I love the Super Mario Bros. movie because I thought it basically had those things I mentioned above.

Noob
Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,037 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 01:01:02 PM »

What I want in a video game movie isn't all that demanding imo.  All I want is a screenplay that follows the story of the game reasonably well (obviously everything can't be carried over because of time constraints), has a decent cast that actually plays the characters correctly, and that there are no new characters randomly thrown into the plot for whatever reason (Helloooooo Alice).  Obviously the director/writer putting his own spin on things to let it flow smoother in its runtime is fine, but cutting out essential things isn't okay either.  You'd think it wouldn't be terribly hard to do something that's decent, but apparently it is.  The initial Resident Evil movie was a pretty decent re-imagining of the material, but the original story would have (and this is obviously going to be biased because I'm a huge fan of the series) been a more enjoyable experience to see on the big screen.

Sigh, maybe one day  Cry
Master Player

15,057 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 01:32:35 PM »

ok i got a question for all of you , why do wanna see a movie where u already know the ending ?? i dont mind if the change it up just as long as they keep the important elements of the game .

Sometimes it's right to get it wrong, Live for the moment , Sing for the song - Melanie Doane
Semi-Noob

Videos: 5
Guides: 1

15,331 gold
Give Gold
DooD!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 02:30:11 PM »

But knowing the ending doesnt bother me that much, id love to see how they actually take the game and turn it into a film. if you think of it this way most good games have a game time of around 7-12 hours. compressing that into an hour and a half film to 2 hours would be a real challenge so it would be very interesting to see how they do that.
Noob

15,037 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 02:42:22 PM »

ok i got a question for all of you , why do wanna see a movie where u already know the ending ?? i dont mind if the change it up just as long as they keep the important elements of the game .

I don't know, why do people watch movies that are based on books they've read?  It's the same sense of wanting to see it happen with actual people except instead of wanting to see it because it was text, you want to see it with real people in real environments, not in a world crafted by computers. 
Master Player

Videos: 454
Guides: 15

84,478 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: Leelee7201

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 02:02:36 AM »

Knowing the ending isn't really a big deal.  It's all in the presentation.  If movies weren't made because people knew the ending, there would be absolutely no war movies.  Also, you'd probably like to watch it if you know it has a good ending.  Sometimes that can make watching a movie more enjoyable.  For example, you always know that Link is going to defeat Ganon in the end.  The fun part is finding out what obstacles are in his way and overcoming them.  Like I said, all in the presentation.  You can make a shitty story into a great movie if presented well, and vise versa.

Master Noob

Videos: 2,128
Guides: 77

95,740 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 06:45:17 AM »

A movie based on a video game has to stay faithful to the storyline, with better writers, actors, directors and music.

An example is Silent Hill, though the main character is not Harry Mason, the movie stays very true to the game.

Expert Noob

Videos: 17
Guides: 2

11,692 gold
Give Gold
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic = PERFECTION

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 10:36:23 PM »

Something directed by someone who has PLAYED the game, knows the story, and can cast accordingly. I don't think I can stand another Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. Alone in the Dark made me hate Hollywood, and don't even get me STARTED on Silent Hill.

Noob

15,301 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 10:36:33 AM »

I just love them as last year released prince of persia was really great. I know playing game is really a wonderful experience but movie was also not bad option. Apart from this I like hit man, lara croft and so on.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
 Print 

Jump to: