Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Bloodstained Curse of the...
"Fallen Moon's Requiem"

Finish Nightmare Mode.

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: How to make an old-timey fill in  (Read 4165 times)
Average Player

Videos: 799
Guides: 8

17,895 gold
Give Gold
Indiana Ash and the Temple of Walkthroughs

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2008, 02:17:15 AM »

If you've seen my videos before, you'll notice that on really big cliffhangers, I'll include a fillin leading up to the cliffhanger's resolution that looks like it was part of an old-timey serial--complete with age spots and a whirring film projector.

Ever wondered how I make these? All you need is some footage and your favorite editing program.

For the purposes of this guide, I am assuming you're on a PC with Windows Movie Maker.

First of all, you need to find the sound effect of a film projector. You can look here]www.soundsnap.com]here for some examples.

The old timey effect is actually a combination of two effects: Grayscale (or Sepia, if you want to make it look like a silent film) and Film Age: Old Once you've imported your footage and put what clips you want to use for the fill in on the timeline, drag these two effects onto each cip in the fill in. Be careful to check and see if you got both effects on very small clips, since a flash of color in the middle of black and white/sepia will ruin the effect.

For the finishing touches, add a fadeout where the black and white/sepia ends and a fade in where the color starts. Then, copy your film projector sound over the entire length of the fill in.

If you have any questions or comments, let me know!

Helping gamers since 2006
Semi-Noob

Videos: 44
Guides: 4

12,568 gold
Give Gold
cats are cuteespeon are awesome XD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 10:21:23 PM »

what about the ones with mac's could you say that but for mac's

ty if you do it

linkmaster1995

Average Player

Videos: 799
Guides: 8

17,895 gold
Give Gold
Indiana Ash and the Temple of Walkthroughs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 02:31:09 AM »

I'm not sure how it would work on a Mac, I'm not that familiar with that platform.

iMovie may have similar effects, though.

Helping gamers since 2006

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: